Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Jun 8, 2002, 08:26 PM   #1
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Vampires

As I said, I consider myself a logical person, that keeps emotions and fantasies out of rational thought. But...

There are some misteries that fascinate me, and I study them, buy books about them, and make theories about them. They are mainly 3: The Bermuda Triangle (my favorite), UFO's, and Vampires.
It's these last I will discuss now.

I love Vampires. I really do. I like all the mythology around them, all the legends created. I consider myself almost an expert on the subject, actually. Modesty aside, of course...

Still, just like werewolfs came out of a real disease, Lychantropy, that still exists today, I believe Vampires may have a serious basis for existence. That maybe Vampires DO exist, but in a way diferent than we believe then to be.

Most countries have them. Most cultures have them. And always around the same time. Then they vanish for about a cycle of 150/200 years, to ressurface after that time, always in secret, and in a mass outbreak.

We are in a time when they lay low. The last mass attacks were late 19th century, on the U.S. and Western Europe.

What do you think?
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2002, 08:33 PM   #2
thegreenknight
Sector Marshall
986 flights since Jan 2002
Re: Vampires

x-files had an awesome episode on them.
thegreenknight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2002, 08:34 PM   #3
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Yeah, "3".

One of my favorites...
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2002, 08:46 PM   #4
Coronis
Hehe... he said LOG...
296 flights since Feb 2002

I agree with what you said Master, I think there are such things as vampires.... but the way there described in books and movies is completely different to what they truly are... or so I assume
Coronis is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2002, 09:12 PM   #5
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Ah, Vampyr, Nosferatu, the Children of - well, you get the picture

I too love and am fascinated by Vampires. According to a friend of mine, there was a girl at his school who was absolutley convinced they truly existed - she wore a crucifix with a small glass capsule attatched containing garlic essence.

I believ that almost all myths are based on fact. And I know for a fact that there is a 'Vampire' subculture of guys n gals who go all out on the get-up, goth clothes, pointed teeth, cut each other and drink blood.

No, I am not one I just know they're out there.

As for whether the Hollywood Vampire exists ... probably not. But the Vampire of days gone by? Possibly. I hoope so, in fact - I would hate to think all the wonder has gone out of the world ...
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2002, 09:47 PM   #6
thegreenknight
Sector Marshall
986 flights since Jan 2002

i think there are no REAL vampires, however i believe there are sick people in cults who copy vampiric acts for the hell of it. but who's to know?

i think i'm gonna join a cult and become a daywalker, and walk around with a cool trench coat and a sword.
thegreenknight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2002, 10:22 PM   #7
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Vampyric myths probebly have similer origins to those about 'witches'. Just another inocent befeif structure suppressed and maligned by the church. Drinking blood? The Jews do worse in their service of Satan if you listen to some people
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2002, 02:09 AM   #8
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

Anybody that believes in vampires are total idiots.

I don't really think there is vampires. Like Greenknight, it's just people looking for meaning from nothing. Does that make them any different from the general public? Nope.
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2002, 11:05 AM   #9
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

VAMPIRES EXIST! THEY DO! AND SO DOES BUFFY!

yeah, vampires are cool. they're one of my faves apart from zombies and killer pancakes. i think they really do exist. you know why? i am one!

Last edited by Nexus : Jun 16, 2002 at 03:31 PM.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2002, 01:23 PM   #10
Cleopatrah
Pilot
19 flights since Jun 2002

Vampires are wicked. Does anybody read Anne Rice?
Don't care if they're not real, they exist in my little play-world!
Cleopatrah is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2002, 12:41 PM   #11
Xeno
Sector Marshall
751 flights since Mar 2001

Vampires do exist. They aren't exactly demons of the night but they do drink human blood. Though the biting the neck thing is not exactly true. I think they kinda died out now with some fanatics believing they are vampires.
Xeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2002, 01:12 PM   #12
Control-FREAK
Recruit Pilot
6 flights since Jun 2002

sorta agree with tinny on this one. they do exist coz there are people who like to drink blood but they wouldn't bite someones neck like they do in the movies!
Control-FREAK is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]