Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

View Poll Results: Which Presidential Candidate do you support?
John Edwards 2 5.71%
John Kerry 11 31.43%
Howard Dean 2 5.71%
Dennis Kucinich 2 5.71%
Al Sharpton 2 5.71%
George Bush 13 37.14%
My Candidate Dropped Out (Gephardt, Lieberman, Mosley Braun, or Graham) 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 29, 2004, 05:29 AM   #46
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: What Presidential Candidate do you support?

You won't find a bigger supporter of limited immigration policies on this site.

However, they are not getting out of there to get better jobs. They are getting out of there because there are masked people with rifles running and shooting on their backyard.

And the U.S., whop are so prompt in pointing out "humanitarian crisis", hava an obligation not only to "oust tyrants", but also, and especially, to help those in need.

We're not talking some african nation the U.S. can just ignore, like we all do. This is your neighbour, and since the U.S. sent a few thousand troops there a few years back to help make the country the mess it is today, Bush has no right to say he'll do zip.

But then, the world is getting used to Bush doing whatever the hell he wants, and screw what everyone else thinks.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2004, 09:39 AM   #47
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

I agree, The US should fix the mess they created, and I bet you a lot of things will be corrected once there is a new president. Preferably Deomcratic, or some one a bit on the the left. I'm sick of Rebuplicans.

Oh, why couldn't they move the Presidential election closer to June this year, before Bush screws up even more.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2004, 12:20 PM   #48
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

The 'need' for limited imigration arises largly from past and present imperialist actions of western governments and corperations. Supporting limited imigration while not supporting some form of white supremecy is rather inconsistant in my opinion.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2004, 03:22 PM   #49
Iwata
Autarch

Quote:
Supporting limited imigration while not supporting some form of white supremecy is rather inconsistant in my opinion

Negative.

I support limited immigration, but I'm no "white supremacist", nor do I even hint at racism. In fact, I despise it.

That's got nothing to do, however, with protecting your culture and your country's identity.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 11:08 PM   #50
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

The Europeans (and european colonial settlements such as the USA and Isreal) should have thought about protecting thier cultures when they were building their empires. The disruption of countless economic systems and destruction of countless cultures comes with a historical toll. To now say 'sorry, empire was fun but now we'd rather do the isolationist thing' and to reject White Supremecy is quite inconsistant indeed unless the new isolationism is accompanied by very hefty reperations. The question of reperations is of course not a realistic one. France won't even give Haiti a refund on the 'reperations' that Haiti was forced to pay for rebelling against the French slavemasters!
Old Mar 1, 2004, 06:47 AM   #51
Iwata
Autarch

We've more than payed our dued to our former colonies, and we still continue to do so.

In fact, the most problematic ex-colony is East Timor, and the only reason it's like that is because the U.S. sanctioned an Indonesian invasion of our former colony a few days after we gave them independence.

As for our African colonies, the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. used them as political battlegrounds as well, the minute we let them go. Advisors, weapons exports, you were the ones who gave them all that.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 09:19 PM   #52
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

Persuing an imperialist policy opens a historical pandora's box. Getting the genie back into the bottle is more trouble than it is worth and is in the end counterproductive. Rather than resisting any change we should persue a constructive cultural dialouge. No culture is naturally static. Many of these 'cultural preservationists' are romantic reactionaries who at best form cumbersome Preservation Boards and assinine media guidelines (like the French) and at their worst march millions of civilians into gas chambers. The real danger to your cultural identity is not imigration, it's American media and military hegemony.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 03:46 PM   #53
Dajistano
326 flights since Jun 2002
Post Re: What Presidential Candidate do you support?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieraganion

Oh, why couldn't they move the Presidential election closer to June this year, before Bush screws up even more.

Hopefully that SOB won't get reelected.

Or even better, he'll get taken out (of office) for some reason before that becomes an even more serious possibility.
Dajistano is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2004, 02:33 AM   #54
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

Hey everybody, it was primary day! As I found out, I'm still registered Democrat in California. It must of been the same day I tried acid. Back then I did however, vote for Ralph Nader. A great man who (like me) enjoys the simple things: clean air, safe automobiles (as someone who's come out of two horrible car accidents without a scratch, I appreciate that one) , clean water, clean food, peace on Earth. Without him we wouldn't have the freedom of information act or American's with disability act.

Today I voted for Dennis Kucinich. A straight shooting, well spoken, sharp candidate. People love what he has to say, which of course also means no one will vote for him. The American people want bullshitters to represent them. I guess I don't know what a good candidate is. History tells us that votes don't go to those who take stands and people don't vote for the most likeable person. What does it take?

PS: I hate Republicans
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 05:41 PM   #55
JACKER
The Paradisal Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Iwata
That's got nothing to do, however, with protecting your culture and your country's identity.

As far as America goes, America is not one culture, it is many subcultures rapped in a cooked flour tortilla. America is all nationalities living as one and people think it should be changed. Conservative cunts really.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 08:53 PM   #56
Drone
Sector Marshall
584 flights since Jun 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by SF_not_Sci-Fi
Oh bull****. That is like saying that if Gore hadn't run, Nader would have been president. Most of the folks who voted for Nader would not have voted for Gore. Without a real candidate like Ralph, they probebly would not have turned out to vote at all. What you are forgetting is that Bush stole that election. He would have done it, Nader or no Nader. Stop dumping on a man who unlike these ****ing bozos has been fighting for real change all of his life.

I am not only glad that nader is running, but I encourage you all to vote for him.

As another great presidential candidate once said:

I'd rather vote for something I want and not get it than vote for something I don't want, and get it.

I don't know... I heard that at this point a vote for Ralph Nadar is basically a vote for George Bush.
Drone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 08:57 PM   #57
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

A vote for Kerry is a vote for Bush.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 09:01 PM   #58
Drone
Sector Marshall
584 flights since Jun 2002

Quote:

Yeah, my mistake. (I've made a lot of those lately)
Drone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 09:15 PM   #59
JACKER
The Paradisal Man

Quote:

Oh common now, you know we need to get Bush out.
Old Mar 28, 2004, 02:20 PM   #60
Sexy Yautja
Pilot
23 flights since Nov 2002

Quote:
And I'm surprised that so many people support Bush.

Yeah and please explain to me Why is that so surprising?

Sexy Yautja is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]