Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

From "12 Monkeys" to "Explorers"...

Old Apr 28, 2004, 06:38 PM   #1
zekerocks
Recruit Pilot
12 flights since Apr 2004
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Series)

A tribute to the best series of all time. Post your comments on it.
zekerocks is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2004, 08:00 PM   #2
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Series)

This series is by NO MEANS the best series of all time! It was good in the beginning, but then it started to overreach itself. Got weirder and weirder---as though it was trying outdo itself. Well. One can only go so far, until they've gone over the edge. . . and I prefer to read things that are off the deep end!

welcome to the squad, btw!
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2004, 08:13 PM   #3
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Sarah Michelle Geller as Buffy = crap
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2004, 02:44 PM   #4
zekerocks
Recruit Pilot

You losers it rocked!
Old May 24, 2004, 06:05 PM   #5
zekerocks
Recruit Pilot

Ok Ok I guess you are right.
Old May 25, 2004, 07:05 AM   #6
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

I disagree with the SMG bashing. Sure, I'm not her biggest fan in the world but the girl can act. (even if she can't sing ) I can't think of any other young actress who could have pulled off the Body and retained a scrap of dignity, and damn the Buffy/ Angel chemistry was hot.

If it weren't for the reappearance of Faith, I could live without all seasons after 5... I'm still reeling from the idea that the Buffyverse is dead though.....
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 04:43 AM   #7
Sleeper
Wing Commander
318 flights since Mar 2003

Faith was a great addition to the BUFFY universe. Wasn't entirely sold on what everyone kept saying was the grand dialogue. Lots of ew and whatnot. The references were pretty damn good though.
Sleeper is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:21 AM   #8
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

I think the only style of dialogue more instantly recognisable is Tarantino dialogue. Its a fine line between funny dialogue and unbelievably contrived dialogue, and Buffy, up until the end, wobbled more on the good side than the other...

The only memorably bad line being Faith actually declaring, out loud, with no trace of irony, that she had "Madd Skillz!" in bed.

I wanted the writer dead. God help me, dead. Faith is such an effortlessly cool character, and they made her speak like a drunken AICN talkbacker. Dushku/ Faith just has to look conflicted and she can own a scene. And they made her fart that from her head. The last ever episode of anything Faith will appear in, and she said that. Jesus. Its become a running joke with my family.

"Pass the salt."
"Dude, I got Madd Salt."

"What do you think? Gonna vote for or against the citizenship amendment?"
"I dunno, I think the constitution as it stands has got Madd Skillz, yo."

Sigh. On the upside, the last episodes of Faith in Angel, which I just got to see, were great. The scene where she bleeds all over Wesleys apartment was quite moving. Surprisingly brutal too, for a network show. I don't recall ever seeing a regular character hurt so badly in Angel or Buffy, or any other show of a similar type. Even when people were stabbed or skinned or whatever, it was never really that bloody. And for it to be Faith that's in such a state was a big deal. Orpheus, was sadly the weakest of the three, but the Willow/ Fred interplay was very funny...
Old Jun 29, 2004, 01:55 AM   #9
niggers_Suck
Pilot
16 flights since Jun 2004
Cool I loved this series.

I will agree. i loved the series but it was not the greatest series of all time. I especially loved Sarah as Buffy. that was hot. Sarah is hot. i also enjoyed Faith she was also hot as hell. the show was really great up until they started acting like sum damn Ghost Busters or sumthing.
niggers_Suck is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2004, 03:32 AM   #10
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Alright, I'm game for a challenge...

"- Why can't those vampires enter your house unless you invite them?"
Its a convenient plot device that was never explained. It explains why we haven't all been massacred while we have tea.

"- If Buffy is such a clever girl, how come she’s in high school for such a long time?"
We only saw her in high school for three years...Her last episodes in high school were Graduation Day Pt 1 and 2. From which I take my signature.

"- Why can't lead bullets kill most vampires and werewolves? - What's so special about wooden sticks and silver projectiles?"
Another plot device, or the shows would have been much shorter each week. When Faith was evil she considered using wooden bullets on Angel, but the idea was never followed up. She should get a patent.

"- Where did Buffy get that anti-tank rocket that she used to destroy one of the baldy blood-sucking ugly mothers? And how could she fire that weapon at such a close range without being injured by the shock wave?"
Her friend Xander conned a soldier into letting them sneak into the army base. She was able to fire it without getting injured through the same mystic force that allows her to fight and run across buildings in ludicrous heels.

"- What happens to a vampire if he drinks the blood from someone who has AIDS?"
Nothing. Vamps already dead. He might be able to spread it to people who suck his blood, but if they do that they're becoming vampires anyway, so it makes no difference.

- What happens if a vampire bites a panda? Does that panda starts sucking other pandas' blood? What if he bites a wale?
That I'd love to see...

"- How come we never get to see fat vampires?"
Bloods low fat? All the mystical kung fu they know must just burn off the pounds...

"- Do you actually believe that most vampires can't bite french girls because these girls eat too much garlic?"
We've seen Garlic in Buffy's room but she's never used it. Odd.

"- Is Mr.Burns from "The Simpsons" a vampire?"
Yes. Either a vampire or one of the Gentlemen dudes from the Hush episode.

"- Why is that vampire chicks always use leather?"
So we're all clear just how evil they are.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 05:33 AM   #11
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Quote:
- Yeah, but what about the movie? If she was already in high school when the movie came out… uh… oh I get it… it’s just a matter of 'difference' between the movie’s story and the series’ storyline…

Yeah, the movie is seperate to the series, and much loathed by Joss Whedon. In the Buffy series timeline, she comes to Sunnydale immediately after getting expelled from her old school. She got kicked out for burning down her previous schools gym to kill the vampires inside. I dunno did that happen in the movie, but it was in the original script, and I believe, the Origin comic.

Quote:
- Yeah, but don’t they need 'healthy' blood? I mean, in "Blade" they needed it in good conditions…

Yeah, in Buffy they can drink dead or infected blood, but they'll take it in any state. They prefer fresh, young, and Type O (Or in Spikes case, with a little bit of crumbled up weetabix in it. Ew. ) They don't like blood with fishman steroids in it though. .

Quote:
«...Her friend Xander conned a soldier into letting them sneak into the army base. She was able to fire it without getting injured through the same mystic force that allows her to fight and run across buildings in ludicrous heels...»

- In other words: it’s just another bull****ting event.

Pretty much. Xander got past the guard by pretending to be an off duty superior and backed himself up by being able to recite various army regulations, a left over from the Halloween episode where he was turned into a GI.

Quote:
you instantly learn kung-fu, right?

But of course! Wasn't it Bram Stokers Dracula himself who first introduced the war-arts of the east to Europe? Well...no. They never bothered trying to explain why everybodys so good at that stuff, but Dawn did make a snerk about it: "He's new! He doesn't even have those martial-arts skills they all inevitably seem to pick up somehow."
Old Aug 13, 2004, 09:10 AM   #12
Sleeper
Wing Commander

Quote:
jill_valentine Yeah, the movie is seperate to the series, and much loathed by Joss Whedon. In the Buffy series timeline, she comes to Sunnydale immediately after getting expelled from her old school. She got kicked out for burning down her previous schools gym to kill the vampires inside. I dunno did that happen in the movie, but it was in the original script, and I believe, the Origin comic.
Wasn't the last fight scene at the gym? Most probably Whedon's hint at acknowledging the movie in the series.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 09:19 AM   #13
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

I think I read him say he was bugged at the gym burning scene being removed. Hey, is it true that Movie!Buffy can sense vampires nearby by magical cramps? Jesus, if it is, I'm intensely glad that never made it to the series...
Old Aug 30, 2004, 06:44 AM   #14
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Only mildly related but... Fred/ Amy Acker from Angel has announced she's about 7 months pregnant...
Old Sep 11, 2004, 03:40 AM   #15
Sleeper
Wing Commander

Cripes, that kid'll likely break her bones by weight.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]