Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

From "12 Monkeys" to "Explorers"...

Old Sep 11, 2004, 11:56 AM   #16
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Series)

Yikes, harsh...

In other Buffy related news... Joss Whedon's being touted to write and direct the next X Men movie... could rock if he does. He's currently helming the comics, and from what I hear it's the best X Men run in years. He's dropped hints that he's going to do a comic line that's basically an 8th season of Buffy... which would be very cool as it could finally do all the stuff they didn't bother doing in the 7th season. Like making sense. Stupid season. ****ing Tru Calling's new series starts soon, but Dushku's still saying she'd do a Faith movie if asked, and no more word on the animated series. SMG has, to my complete astonishment, suggested she might also be interested in a movie...

With the decline of Sciflicks, I've mostly transferred over to the very cool www.buffy-boards.com, the best Buffy forum on the net. Feel free to join me all...
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 12:43 PM   #17
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Jill, I think Id have to actually watch the Buffy eps with a closer eye to be able to hold my own at the Buffy boards!

But seriously about Whedon and X-men? Someone mentioned it in the X-3 forum, but wow--I really hope so and am glad to hear it!
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 03:31 PM   #18
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,026 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

And what about the fact that Buffy is now getting the animated series they've been talking about, with most of the usual actors returning to voice act.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 03:59 PM   #19
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

Except gellar.

Shes too good now.

They got someone to voice for her.

Thats creepy...
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 04:44 PM   #20
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Concept art:
http://ericwight.com/portfolio/buffy001.html

There's been a pilot made, and it's currently doing the rounds to the different networks to see who'll pick it up. Fox have shown interest in it, and some of the crew from Smallville are working on it apparently, but I've heard nothing recently.

For more info...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/buffy/cult...01/11568.shtml

The only characters voiced by soundalikes would be Buffy and probably Angel. The girl they have to replace Gellar is Giselle Loren, who voiced Buffy in the games. She actually does sound quite like her, but she doesn't have Gellar's ease of comic timing. Understandable, since she's concentrating on sounding like somebody else, rather than the delivery of the lines...

The series would be set about 8 episodes into the first season, but featuring Dawn. So, Buffy knows Angel's a vampire, but nobody else does. She's still in highschool, Joyce is still alive, no Spike and Drusilla, and, tragically from my point of view, no Faith.

Tru Calling was on today. My soul died a little more.

In other news, DVD websites have started advertising a complete, 7 seasons-and-all Box set for 1/7th what you'd pay for each individual one. Should be available in time for Christmas... hint... hint...
Old Sep 11, 2004, 06:14 PM   #21
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Hohoho, Merry christmas. Oh, little Jill. Have you been a good girl this year? Well, let me check my list. Apparantly, you have been good. I, however, am a sadistic bastard. You get absolutely nothing! Haha! Excuse me while I fo influence God so no Faith spin-off.

Spuffgel. It only seems right.

Or, perhaps Fangel and Spuffy?

Who cares. All I know is that I wish to boycott wb for certain reasons of cancellation. Theres nothing really good there anyways.

Btw, have you heard anything about Angel moveing to another channel?
Old Sep 11, 2004, 06:46 PM   #22
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Quote:
Hohoho, Merry christmas. Oh, little Jill. Have you been a good girl this year? Well, let me check my list. Apparantly, you have been good. I, however, am a sadistic bastard. You get absolutely nothing! Haha! Excuse me while I fo influence God so no Faith spin-off.

LMFAO... damn sadistic bastards..

Re: Spike and Angel... my rant about crap fan art was actually inspired by a Spangel picture that's given me nightmares so bad... I hate shippers. Every bloody time...

Re: Angel moving... it's not going to happen, sadly. David Boreanaz has said that he would only be interested in Angel if it was in a different form. (EG... a movie...) and only then if it was something special. He's sick of night shoots, and wants to concentrate on movies. Which is fair enough from his point of view, good on him, but it leaves us bereft of a Buffyverse.

Which is one of the main reasons I'm obsessing over a Faith spin off..... neither Buffy nor Angel is likely to represent the Buffyverse in the future, and Faith is by far the most interesting character since Spike turned into a big wet blanket. Besides which, Dushku's shown an interest in coming back to the character at some stage. If that's going to happen, it's going to have to happen soon though, before we've been out of the Buffyverse long enough for Faith to get over all the personal baggage that makes her so interesting. Damn you Santa!

Other than Faith... well, I'd love to see that Giles/ Touching Evil thing that Joss keeps talking about...
Old Sep 11, 2004, 07:05 PM   #23
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Touching Evil. Thats that show with the guy that was dead for like ten minutes right?

So how would that work?

A bunch of bodies found.

Punctures marks on neck.

Giles show up, and that guy who was dead is informed of something that will change his life.

He is actually a girl, and is the... third? or, the three? A slayer.

Now, he fights evil people in the daytime and evil undead people at night?

Damn parents. They could just live with a girl with a penis could they?

So really though. Touching evil with a touch of giles?

Re, re spike and angel. I meant spike, angel, and buffy. Threesome, anyone?

As for spike and angel, those two probably ended up together at least once. Consider this. They are the product of there times, right? So, what was the "Man o' the time" like then? What did those men do? Think about that, and then try to sleep at night.

As for you, I think I have just found a fellow buffy (or faith ) fan.

Is this true?

Last edited by Quintessa : Sep 11, 2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 07:39 PM   #24
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Touching Evil was something I never really got into, but aesthetically it was very interesting... lots of washed out blues and greys, and it had a very bleak outloook that was nice. The Giles series (Provisionally called Ripper) was going to be about Giles, back in England having to face up to his Dark Past (tm). His Dark Past (tm) was only really touched on waaaaay back in Season 2's The Dark Ages, and then made fun of in Band Candy, but it's always implied that something much nastier than we've been told about happened. The series wasn't going to have vampires or many demons, it was going to be relatively straight faced. If you've ever read the Hellblazer comics, horrifically graphic comics about a morally ambiguous working class sorcerer, that was going to be the tone. It would have suited Anthony Stewart Head to film in Britain too, since his family was why he left in S6.

Spike actually did suggest something happened with Angel... when he was told something was going to hurt all Angel's "intimates"..."I guess I don't have to worry about that 'cause Angel and I have never been intimate. Except that one..."

As for Buffy..... yeah, I love Buffy. I'm the Buffyiest nerd I know. But I do lean towards the Faith side of the force, I think she's way more interesting than Buffy herself, and I consider her the next logical angle for the Buffyverse. She's basically Riddick without the shiny eyes, what's not to like?
Old Sep 11, 2004, 07:42 PM   #25
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

No... um.... Manliness?
Old Sep 11, 2004, 07:46 PM   #26
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Pfft... details, details....
Old Sep 11, 2004, 08:10 PM   #27
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,026 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Mmmm, Faith, yum
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 08:11 PM   #28
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

More like mmmm, Riddick, mmmm.

The one thing faith lacks... The thing Riddick has...

Old Sep 11, 2004, 08:20 PM   #29
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Hey, I'm not fussy.

I was talking to a friend of mine a few weeks ago about actresses. I mentioned Eliza Dushku. He responded "She's an actress too?" I freaking hope he was joking...

Speaking of badly photoshopped fan art, fans seem to be particularly fond of Faith/Buffy, and that's just a pain in the ass when you have to crawl through 10 pages of google just to make a signature...

Speaking of which...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rassyknoll.jpg
Old Sep 11, 2004, 09:28 PM   #30
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Oh, that makes sense.

Faith killed kenedy.

Or kenny?

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]