Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

From "12 Monkeys" to "Explorers"...

Old Sep 25, 2004, 12:08 AM   #61
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Series)

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintessa
And that wussy, pansy men?
That is the best description I have heard in years.

Thank you. A girls needs a little aggression every now and again. Those guys acted like they needed a second mommy..... Shannon walked all over one, Piper walked all over her husband, and while he wasnt bad to look at, I just kept thinking he needed to grow a pair.....
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 08:28 AM   #62
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by mack
I just kept thinking he needed to grow a pair.....

MACK!

I never thought I'd see the day.

edit: Well...

yes I did.

Last edited by Quintessa : Sep 25, 2004 at 04:22 PM.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 04:23 PM   #63
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

To elaborate.

Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia Chase from BTVS and Angel) is to play a recurring character in ****ing Charmed. Somebody hates me.

Other vaguely Buffy related stuff.... As my sig says, Faith is to finally get a surname. Yay!
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 04:28 PM   #64
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Quote:
Well, they both have women that.... help... things?

Well, now they have yet another thing in common.

They both have women that.... help... things with the ever anoying apearance of Carpenter... recurring!
Old Oct 18, 2004, 05:45 PM   #65
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

SMG just said in an interview that while she doesn't want to do anything Buffy in the near future, she's not completely set against it, and might just be convinced at some stage. Something along the lines of "Who knows, if the script was good enough". Which is nice, but a sort of ripple of disbelief floated through the entire Buffy fanbase when they heard it. If I were in a cynical sort of mood, I might just say "Gosh, isn't the Grudge out soon? And don't Buffy fans make up like 75% of the potential Grudge audience?"

Me being the resident Buffy nerd, other Buffyish news...

Prof. James South is giving a lecture on Buffy, Faith and the Meaning of Life in Ohio on the 21st. It's free to the public. Stupid lucky Ohioans....

BBC has a new Ecomic (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/buffy/ecom...ho/wmw01.shtml) Haven't read it yet, but with the sole exception of Fray, Buffy comics tend to be well dodgy....

Eliza Dushku was in London at a convention over the weekend. Fans being the occasionally scary freaks we are, somebody presented her with the knife. Yup. Somebody got past security with a three hundred dollar designer bladed weapon. That's dedication. I had hoped her being in London would mean TV interviews (Her interview on Richard and Judy in March was a classic) but no such luck.

Maria Shriver, Arnie's missus, is trying to get the California State History Museum to host a "Remarkable Women Exhibition." The plans met with a bit of resistance, for two reasons. Specifically 'cause in 2008 San Francisco is getting a much larger and better funded Womens' museum, and also because Shriver is fighting to get Buffy Summers included in the Remarkable Women mentioned. Cynics have also suggested that it's a ploy to appeal to women on Arnie's behalf.

Also, in something I'm am not keen on, John Kerry seems to be trying to appeal specifically to Buffy fans for votes. Basically, Whedon fans are organising Buffy/ Angel/ Firefly fundraiser parties. Whedon has agreed to do a massive conference call during the simultaneous parties, and if possible answer one question to each. I have big, big problems with this. It's not fair to drag Buffy through politics, after they did seven years worth of work making sure it was beyond political persuasions. By swinging out for Kerry, Whedon is turning her into a political marketing tool, and it's not like Buffy The Vampire Slayer was an easy sell as it was. On the other hand, quite a few Conservative Hawks have been trying to claim Buffy as their own. "Of course we should go to war, young voters. Buffy did." I just don't like it. Somehow it feels like mixing Church and State. Does that make me sound completely insane?
Old Dec 10, 2004, 02:21 PM   #66
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Damn. My wariness of SMG is distrust to erode, and it was so much simpler before. On and around the release of the Grudge she gave a lot of interviews, and answered a lot of questions as to why she wanted Buffy to end and why she didn't want to be part of the animated series. I can't help but agree with both. She hated the stupid ass Spuffy plot , and they intended to give Toon!Buffy magical powers respectively. Hard to argue with that.

Joss Whedons ' not doing the X Men movie. In his words: "I looked deep into my heart and realised they never asked me too." Bless.

Also, Hercules, from aintitcool.com is organising a Buffy.... *shudder* ... singalong, showing Once More with Feeling and Hush, which will presumably be mimealong.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18970

Last edited by jill_valentine : Dec 10, 2004 at 03:27 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 08:14 AM   #67
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

They did a Buffy musical before, didn't they?
Old Dec 12, 2004, 08:40 AM   #68
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Yeah, they did ("Once more, with Feeling!") which was without a doubt, one of the highlights of the otherwise shonky S6, but the other episode, Hush, is the one with 29 minutes of a completely mute cast. The plan is to turn it into a Rocky Horror style event, but I'm not sure how much audience participation you can milk from a nearly silent episode...

Other Buffy related nerdism... ED is to guest star in an episode of That 70's Show.

Last edited by jill_valentine : Dec 12, 2004 at 08:45 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:21 AM   #69
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Does this "mute" thing involve text?

Cause I remember on the RHP dvd they put all the audience participation as text on the screen...

But 29 minutes of silence? No dialogue? Turned into audience participation? Meh...

First Hannigan on 70s show and now Dushku? I think they have a buffy thing...
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:31 AM   #70
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

In Hush the monsters steal everybody's voices, so there's no dialogue at all anyway... it's either a brilliant idea to view with an audience, or a horrible one. On the one hand, everything you need is on screen, so it could translate well to a whole theatre of people, but on the other hand... seriously, how can an audience interact with it?
Old Dec 12, 2004, 10:41 AM   #71
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Like I said, maybe text?

But then again... text?

Okay, so maybe they will give a key in the beginning.

"Okay kids. This is gonna be a fun little do along. Now when you here a cow moo, I want you ALL to moo reeeeaaaaaalll loud, kay kids? Then... when you here a sound like this *sound of stake going into vamp* I want you to stake you neighbor. Got that? And when you here a chime, I want you to do exactly what they are doing on the screen, got that? Don't worry about the spuffy scenes.
Old Jan 1, 2005, 09:08 PM   #72
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Oh, but I can't help be worried about the Spuffy scenes. Sometimes I wake up screaming "Just... plain... WRONG!!"

Faith's surname has been revealed by Joss to be ...

Lehane. It's the anglicised version of Liathan, from the Irish word for Grey. Faith is Boston-Irish, supporting the fanon theory that she's probably from a Catholic background.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:33 PM   #73
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Watching one of my favourite episodes ever.

Halloween Forgot how good it is.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:24 AM   #74
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Is that the one where all the adults are regressed back to their teens and we meet Naughty Giles?
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 09:41 PM   #75
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Noooo (also a wicked episode - but still beaten by Tabula Rasca: everyone forgets who they are, Spike thinks he's Giles son, Buffy screams...like a girl etc)

This was the Halloween episode also called Halloween. They all rent fancy dress costumes and turn into their 'characters' most memorable for Willow being a ghost (constantly bumping into Oz throughout), Xander a Soilder & Buffy screaming like a girl (again ).
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]