Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

From "12 Monkeys" to "Explorers"...

Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:40 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Butterfly Effect, The

I just saw this flick, and several points come to mind:

1) Ashton Kutcher produced this??? Bad idea.
2) Asthon Kutcher's acting is ATROCIOUS. So is Amy Smarts (bad girl! Ive seen her do better).

3) Some people come out the womb ROTTEN AS ALL GET OUT. No "nurture" scenario is gonna change that.

4) WHAAAAT? In life, someone of them was gonna get screwed. Period?

i give up. This movie was poor at best.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:40 AM   #2
Gattaca69
Starfighter
53 flights since Jan 2004
Re: Butterfly Effect, The

Consdiering that Ashton Kutcher produced this film it counldn't have been any better. Looking at all the past characters he has played in movies and television "The Butterfly Effect" is very different in nature. It must have been difficult for him to change his character so drastically.
Gattaca69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 12:12 PM   #3
mack
misanthrope

You dont say.

I think he did it on purpose because it IS an attempt to prove that he is more than just a hot body with "air" upstairs. (Something that being Demi's "boy toy" is not helping him show--although, I suspect he is reaping rewards of a certain nature. . ."D)

The way I see it, he DOES need to expand his acting ability if he intends on doing more than Punk'd (which he refused to come back for). However, his dramatic, intense emotional character acting SUCKS. He needs to go back to drama school, or study with his betters. .

. . .HEY----maybe he could watch a few of Demi's flicks and "do better" . . ?

Nah.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 11:33 AM   #4
Clay
Starfighter
149 flights since Mar 2004
Unhappy Re: Butterfly Effect, The

I viewed the Directors cut first and hated the ending. The ending on the Theatrical Release side was much better although I have to admit wasnt overly impressed with the project as a whole. This movie was definately over hyped.

Mack, Dont hold back..tell us how you really feel about Kutch.
Clay is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 06:02 PM   #5
dinochick
Starfighter
80 flights since Apr 2003
Location: USA ~ the outer rim, furtherst point from the center of the Universe

Drat, I only watched the Directors Cut. I thought the ending of it was interesting, I never expected it. How does the theatrical version end. I don't feel like spending the money on renting it again
dinochick is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 03:48 AM   #6
mack
misanthrope

Yes, I agree. Please do reveal the differences in the endings, as I am not sure WHICH version I watched......

Quote:
Originally posted by Clay
Mack, Dont hold back..tell us how you really feel about Kutch.

Well. Let me preface it by saying that he's got a sexy stubble. AND he's tall. AND he's got the whole arrogant hot boy thing going.

The mans eats dirt. So does his acting.

But there was one up side to this movie! His original college character looked scrumptious in those retro styles. Those earth tones, the psuedo-70's thing? Nice. (crude doctor joke edited out.)
Old Aug 4, 2004, 08:40 AM   #7
Clay
Starfighter
149 flights since Mar 2004
Exclamation THEATRICAL ENDING **SPOILERS**

**SPOILERS**

The theatrical release ending differs at the point where Kutch is hold up in the Doctors office viewing the home movie under the desk. ***He goes back to the first time he met the girl and her brother at a childhood party... He walks directly to her and tells her he hates her and never wants to see her again etc and she basically gets so upset that her and her brother go to live with their mother, hence breaking the cycle of tragic events. All four have somewhat normal childhoods and the part I liked most.... Kutch is in New York after graduating college and passes her on the sidewalk and does that "double take" turn around but she keeps walking.
Clay is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 08:47 AM   #8
mack
misanthrope
Re: THEATRICAL ENDING **SPOILERS**

I must have seen the theatrical ending. So what was the Director's cut ending, and which was better? Tell me all of it!
Old Aug 4, 2004, 11:53 AM   #9
dinochick
Starfighter
80 flights since Apr 2003
Location: USA ~ the outer rim, furtherst point from the center of the Universe

**SPOILERS**

The directors cut ends with him watching the home movie while hiding under the doctorís desk. He travels back to the day of his birth. He sees his mom being wheeled into the room to deliver and the dad is taping it all, then the doctor says something is wrong, the baby is in distress. On the crazily updated sonogram machine we see an infant Ashton, still inside his mother, killing himself by choking himself with his own umbilical cord. The mother is screaming, "no, not again" and crying, and thatís it, he is dead and ended the cycle.
Pretty trippy. I am sure you will like that ending much better mack
dinochick is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 09:20 PM   #10
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Kutcher just needs to be put out of everyone's misery. I feel sorry for Seann William Scott for making a movie with that *****.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 09:51 PM   #11
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by dinochick
**SPOILERS**

The directors cut ends with him watching the home movie while hiding under the doctorís desk. He travels back to the day of his birth. He sees his mom being wheeled into the room to deliver and the dad is taping it all, then the doctor says something is wrong, the baby is in distress. On the crazily updated sonogram machine we see an infant Ashton, still inside his mother, killing himself by choking himself with his own umbilical cord. The mother is screaming, "no, not again" and crying, and thatís it, he is dead and ended the cycle.
Pretty trippy. I am sure you will like that ending much better mack

You right, that ending was a hell of a lot better. I've never seen the theatrical version, just the director's cut. I thought it was alright, despite the bad acting.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 07:47 PM   #12
mack
misanthrope

So the answer is:

The "butterfly effect" = you cant win. Ever.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]