Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Reading Room

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Reading Room

Your quiet and comfy lounge to pick up a great book and discuss sci-fi literature.

Old Aug 8, 2004, 11:26 AM   #16
Autechre
Sector Marshall
734 flights since Jan 2002
Re: Book Tab

I can't read. Conversely, i have only recently regressed into a barbaric addiction to book burning; the smoldering pages stimulating the gullivor.
Autechre is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 11:38 AM   #17
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

Would you like some marshmellows?
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 03:35 PM   #18
merlin
Sector Marshall
684 flights since Apr 2004

Just finished Forensic Clues To Murder by Brian Marriner.

Also im reading The Smoking Diarys by Simon Gray
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 03:38 PM   #19
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Started Interview With a Vampire by Anne Rice.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2004, 06:33 PM   #20
merlin
Sector Marshall
684 flights since Apr 2004

Murder With Venom by Brian Marriner a study of poisons and poisoners.
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2004, 07:17 PM   #21
neXus_6
n/a flights since
Talking Re: Book Tab

The Monster Show: A Cultural History of Horror. It's by some guy.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 07:22 PM   #22
Gattaca69
Starfighter
53 flights since Jan 2004

I just started reading "HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy" (since looking for the movie was inpossible)
Gattaca69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:02 PM   #23
mack
misanthrope

Finished Interview With a Vampire.

I have questions.

Louis
Lestat----Louis
Lestat---Louis----Claudia
Louis---Claudia
Armand----> Louis---Claudia
Armand--- > Louis----Claudia <-----Madeline
Armand----> Louis---Claudia----Madeline
Armand----Louis---Claudia---Madeline
Armand--Louis <-- --> Claudia---Madeline
Armand---Louis
Armand <-- --> Louis
Louis

What are we saying here, Anne?
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:09 PM   #24
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall

That Louis is doomed to walk the earth alone.

And if your basing this time line off the movie:

Lous
Lous-Lestat
Louis-Claudia
Louis-Lestat
Louis-Lestat-Claudia
Louis-Claudia
Louis-Claudia-Armond(Wooo! Antonio Banderes!)
Louis-Claudia-Magdeline
Louis
Louis-Armond
Louis
Louis-Lestat
Louis
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:11 PM   #25
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieraganion
And if your basing this time line off the movie:

Its called a BOOK Tab, Kier! My timeline is on the book, and I purposely left Lestat out of the later equation, because he ceased to matter emotionally in *that* way....
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:15 PM   #26
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

I hate how they changed the ending in the movie.

Louis, recited his telling of what happened, not necesarily the truth. This could mean that his is egosenctirc and crazy and that in thinking about everybody else, he is only thinking about himself and his guilt and how it effects him. It could mean that he is is loving his torture and that actually enjoys the bad things that happen to him as punishment. Think opus die and corporeal something or other. You know, that one guy that kept whipping himself and put that thing on his leg.

What u think about those red blood cells?
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:17 PM   #27
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall

Quote:
Originally posted by mack

Its called a BOOK Tab, Kier! My timeline is on the book, and I purposely left Lestat out of the later equation, because he ceased to matter emotionally in *that* way....

I am well aware that this is a book thread, I was simply giving a breif example of diference. (God, your jumpy.)

By the way, Anne had control over the screen play. Thus it's relation to the book, as it can be simply looked at as version 2.

But it mattesr little to me, as I lack any motivation or interest to fight over this further.

Onward:

Currently I am reading The Great And Secret Show, by Clive Barker. Damn good book, I need say no more.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:27 PM   #28
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
I was simply giving a breif example of diference. By the way, Anne had control over the screen play. Thus it's relation to the book, as it can be simply looked at as version 2.

Well---from the looks of it, the movie followed the book pretty closely, (as opposed to QOTD that horrific bastardized version of crap), so Id say your timeline is correctly stated.

Didnt mean to seem to jumpy as Im not, and didnt know we were "fighting".

It seemed to me that Louis' connection to Lestat was something "other" than his connection to Claudia, and then Armand. Somehow less....something.

Was Armand really Antonio??? I think I need to rewatch!

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintessa
Louis, recited his telling of what happened, not necesarily the truth. This could mean that his is egosenctirc and crazy and that in thinking about everybody else, he is only thinking about himself and his guilt and how it effects him. It could mean that he is is loving his torture and that actually enjoys the bad things that happen to him as punishment.

Funny, that was exactly the thought that came to me at the end of the book. I remember thinking distinctly: This guy is so egocentric! Why would he assume that his pain is the ONLY pain??
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:32 PM   #29
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall

Quote:
Originally posted by mack

Well---from the looks of it, the movie followed the book pretty closely, (as opposed to QOTD that horrific bastardized version of crap), so Id say your timeline is correctly stated.

God that movie sucked. Another one of Hollywood's succsessfull destruction of a franchise.

Quote:

It seemed to me that Louis' connection to Lestat was something "other" than his connection to Claudia, and then Armand. Somehow less....something.

Basing it off the movie, again (Let' be honest, I havent read the book), Armond did want something. But Louis refused to give in tho his presuasion. So thus it became nothing.

Quote:

Was Armand really Antonio??? I think I need to rewatch!

Yes, it was.

Try not to think of the Antonio from Spy Kids when you re-watch it, rather the one from Deperado and Once Upon A Time In Mexico. You'll see the similaraties.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:36 PM   #30
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
Basing it off the movie, again (Let' be honest, I havent read the book), Armond did want something. But Louis refused to give in tho his presuasion. So thus it became nothing.

But he did. He DID in every way that mattered, in my estimation. He couldve lived w/o Armand and kept Claudia. No, he unwittingly orchestrated her demise, and then rejected the harbringer of it, because of it! This here is a man that likes to play the blame game, and likes to blame numero uno. God its pathetic.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Reading Room