Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Fan/Original Fiction

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old Dec 15, 2005, 05:37 AM   #76
Unicron
Sector Marshall
653 flights since Jul 2003
Re: My 'What if Hot Rod Hadn't Gotten in the Way?" Transformers fanfiction

well right...Im just making a "comparison" to the Star Wars Expanded Universe
Unicron is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:41 AM   #77
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Chapter XXVIII "The First Circle, Part II"

Perceptor and his teams had split up to get the necessary supplies and equipment. First Aid, Octane, Swindle, Frenzy, and Rumble walked through the jungle towards their latest destination, a military base that had the supplies they'd need.

"I can't believe we're taking orders from Optimus Prime," grumbled Swindle. "And besides, shouldn't we attack Megatron now? What's the use of a repair bay? Either we win, or we get blown to little bits, and a repair bay won't help us then."

"I don't know," said Frenzy, "Sometimes I almost get tired of the fighting."

First Aid stopped in his tracks, "Did I hear you correctly?"

"Is it so hard to believe that a Decepticon might not want to fight?" asked Octane.

"Well, frankly...yes," answered First Aid. "I never met a Decepticon that didn't want to blow up an Autobot on sight."

"I used to be like that," mused Rumble with a smile, "Those were the good old days." He paused. "But lately, it seems that that the Decepticon cause is no longer what we fight for. We seem to be fighting for Megatron's cause. And that's not what I signed up for."

"Do a lot of Decepticons feel this way?" asked First Aid.

"More than you might think," answered Octane. "Many even cling to some of the same ideals as you Autobots do. Honor, loyalty, peace, etc, but most would never defy Megatron. They would prefer to be his lackey rather than be destroyed. I can't say I blame them. Sometimes I think that if Megatron was destroyed, or if someone would just speak out against him, that the Decepticon army would no longer support his war."

First Aid caught Frenzy throwing Octane a cold look, as if saying he'd said too much. "But isn't that what Skyquake's been doing for years?" he asked.

"No. Skyquake wants to take over the army, and crush the Autobots. I'd take a competent Megatron over an incompetent Skyquake any day," replied Octane.

"Then why did you join him?" wondered First Aid.

"Call it a means to an end," said Octane.

"And what end would that be?"

"Like I said, there are Decepticons that believe in peace," said Octane.

They continued on in silence, but one of them was not thinking about what had been said, as much as he was thinking of his own continued existence. When they reached the base, Swindle went off by himself, and found the outpost's communications building. It was time to hedge his bets.

"You want me to do what?" asked Hoist, not quite believing what he'd been asked. He and Rodimus Prime were in his office, and Daniel was waiting out in the repair bay.

"I want you to give Daniel some weapons, nothing fancy, just a blaster or two," repeated Rodimus.

"Are you serious?" Hoist asked.

"Yes, I am."

Hoist considered it for a moment, and sighed, "Well, let me see what I can do."

The two of them walked out into the repair bay, "Hello Daniel," said Hoist, jovially.

"Hi Hoist."

"So Rodimus tells me you want some weapons," said Hoist. "I'll need to take a look at your arms."

Daniel nodded and removed his shirt. Rodimus hadn't realized how well constructed Danny's prosthetics were. If he didn't know they weren't real, he'd never have guessed otherwise. Hoist held Daniel's arm in one hand and used a finger to touch his shoulder. He pulled and turned the arm slightly, and then the skin along his shoulder seemed to melt away, and the arm came loose, leaving the exposed circuitry protuding from his shoulder.

He placed the arm in a device on a table in his workshop, and worked the controls. The skin on the arm itself again seemed to melt away, exposing the robotic arm beneath.

"So that's what it looks like," said Daniel.

"You mean you haven't seen it?" asked Rodimus.

"No. Mom and Dad thought it would be easier if I didn't see it. They still treat me like I'm just a kid," he said, frustrated.

"They do that because they care," said Rodimus, gently.

"I know but..." Daniel stopped, and decided to change the subject. "So, Hoist, can you give me some weapons, or not?"

"Give me a few minutes, Daniel, I should be able to come up with something." He worked his controls for a few more minutes, and removed the arm when he was finished. He connected it back onto Daniel's shoulder. The skin instantly grew back around it, concealing the robotics beneath.

"It doesn't feel any different," replied Daniel.

"It's not. I haven't done anything yet," Hoist answered. "Are you sure about this, Daniel?"

"I am."

"Alright," he sighed, "I'll need a few minutes to design something, then we'll get started."

Deep under the earth Grimlock, Sludge, and the Constructicons were busy building the tunnel that was to be the base's escape route.

"Sludge, load Long Haul up wih some more of this rubble," called Scrapper.

"Where this tunnel come out," asked Sludge.

"It's going to come out under the Pacific Ocean," and answered Long Haul.

"Me Grimlock no understand why we should go swimming."

"Simple," began Scrapper, "If we come out under the water then we can go anywhere without leaving any trace of our direction for Megatron to find."

"Me guess that makes sense," said Sludge. "But me Sludge slow, take long time to come out of water."

"Don't worry, we'll rig something up for you guys that don't move too fast," Scrapper replied.

"For enemies, you Constructicons seem awfully nice lately," said Grimlock.

"Yeah, me wonder too," said Sludge.

"Well, it's a long story," said Scrapper, "But there was a time that we didn't fight with the Decepticons and wanted no part of them. We were just engineers and builders."

"What?" said Grimlock, "Me not know that."

"Not many do anymore," said Scrapper, "Not many know that we were responsible for the construction of Megatron's body either."

"You built his body?" asked Sludge.

"Not his present body, but we built his old one," answered Hook.

"But if you not Decepticon fighters, why you build his body?" asked Grimlock, confused.

"Another long story, one that I won't go into, so don't ask. It was sometime after that that that Megatron reprogrammed us to serve him." He shook his head, "We ended up betraying our good friend Omega Supreme then. After that, for millenia Omega relentlessly pursued us off the planet, and by the time Megatron left to destroy Optimus Prime four million years ago, almost all that was left of us was our personality components drifting on a derelict ship. Megatron found us when we finally crashed on Earth, and eventually he rebuilt us."

"Seemed fair," replied Long Haul, "We built his body, he built us bodies."

"I must admit that now after all these years, my old programming threatens to finally overcome my Decepticon programming," said Scrapper.

"Maybe that not be such bad thing," said Sludge.

"Perhaps," said Scrapper, "perhaps." The group went back to work on the tunnel without another word.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 05:27 PM   #78
Unicron
Sector Marshall

must read more to keep sane...
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:20 AM   #79
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
Chapter XXIX "Things Unknown"

Optimus Prime, Springer, Blitzwing, and Onslaught had spent most of the day discussing possible strategies to use against Megatron. There was little they could really plan without reliable intelligence on the Decepticons. Skyfire, and the rest of the intelligence gathering team were due back any minute, however. Their base had been supplied, the defenses made ready, and the holo-shield activated. All that, and not one problem between any of the Autobots and Decepticons. Optimus Prime thought it was too good to be true, but everything seemed to be running smoothly.

"Optimus Prime," began Hound, "Scanners detect Skyfire and the others on approach."

"Excellent," said Optimus. A few moments later, and they had arrived. Noticeably absent were Ravage and Bumblebee. "Where are Ravage and Bumblebee?" he asked.

"I don't know," answered Skyfire, "They were to be my first pick-up point, but when I arrived, the tunnel entrance was crawling with Decepticons. So I continued on, until I picked up the rest of my group, and turned back for them. There was no sign of them."

Not Bumblebee, thought Optimus. They couldn't have gotten him. But he couldn't deal with his loss right now. It was imperative that they go over the intelligence that had been gathered.

"How did this happen?" bellowed Megatron. "How is it that you weren't aware of this tunnel?" Wolverine, Spyder, Thing, Cyclops and Soundwave stood before him.

"Mighty Megatron, it wasn't in the plans for the building," answered Cyclops.

Megatron backhanded him, sending him into the wall, "Inexcusable!" He turned to Soundwave, aware of Cyclops picking himself off the floor. "What is the condition of Jetstorm?"

"She's dead," he replied coldly, "I couldn't repair her."

"Blast! And the spy? I trust he's dead as well?" demanded Megatron.

"No," said Spyder, "He survived. The Energon grenade he used didn't completely detonate, the majority of the explosion hit Jetstorm. He had thrown the grenade into her face. He was lucky, his survival was a one in a million chance."

Megatron contemplated this, "Put him back together, Soundwave, so I can enjoy taking him apart piece by miserable piece." Soundwave nodded and Megatron spoke again. "Mutanacons, leave us." They quickly left. "Was he alone?" he asked.

Soundwave shook his head, "We don't know. Jetstorm was the only one that saw them, since the guards couldn't keep up with her, she was too fast. If there was another, he escaped. We did find residual Decepticon energy traces, but that may have been simply from our own troops."

"Was the data he stole found?" demanded Megatron.

"No, but it was probably destroyed in the explosion."

"Pray that it was, Soundwave," said Megatron ominously. "And see to it that there are no further security breaches.

"Nightbird to Megatron, respond please," came her voice from his communicator.

"Megatron here."

"Megatron, we have an incoming message for you. It's from Swindle, audio only," she replied.

"Trace it, and patch it through." Megatron ordered. "Well, Swindle, what can I do for you?" he asked sarcastically.

"Well, Megatron, I'd say it's about what I can do for you," came the reply.

"Of course it is," said Soundwave, annoyed.

"I'll get right to the point. I can provide you with the location of the Autobots and of Skyquake's Decepticons," said Swindle.

"And what do you want in return?" asked Megatron.

"The usual, power, Energon, etc," he answered.

"Of course. Now where are they?" Megatron demanded.

"Not so fast. I'm still not sure I want to sell out my allies. We've got some new friends."

Megatron could tell what he was implying. "Are you saying that Skyquake has joined forces with the Autobots?" he asked.

"Did I say that?" asked Swindle innocently. "I don't recall saying that."

"Swindle, don't play games with me," growled Megatron.

"I'll signal you if we have a deal, Swindle out," the channel went dead.

"Nightbird, did you get a fix on him?" asked Soundwave.

"No. He's in the southern hemisphere, but he was jamming the signal, and we couldn't get anymore accurate."

"Soundwave, order all patrols south of the equator. I want the Autobots and the traitors found," ordered Megatron.

Back on Cybertron, in Hoist's repair bay, "Now Daniel, I'm going to have to make some adjustments to your implants, so I'm going to give you a sedative," said Hoist.

"Alright Hoist, I'm ready," the boy answered.

Hoist pressed some buttons on his control panel. Rodimus Prime watched as Daniel's eyes fluttered shut. And soon as he was out, Hoist went to work. He removed Daniel's arms and legs, and began incorporating his new designs into them, adjusting the implants meticulously. "That's odd," he mumbled to himself.

"What is?" asked Rodimus.

"Well, someone had reprogrammed these implants. Although Doctor Hollas designed these limbs, First Aid and I aided in their design, adding Autobot technology. That's why it has the skin that can sheath or unsheath as needed. It's obvious someone has changed the programming."

"Who would have done that?" asked Rodimus.

"I don't know. Whoever it was only need to be a good programmer." After a half hour, he was done, and a few minutes later Daniel woke up.

"How do you feel, Daniel?" asked Rodimus.

"I still don't feel any different," he answered.

Hoist motioned them to follow him into the weapon's range room, where all the Autobots tested their weapons after being designed or repaired. "Daniel, point your hands at that target," he said. Daniel did as he was told. "Now, concentrate on firing your blasters."

Daniel concentrated. A second later, from his hands two blasts of energy streaked out, burning holes through the target. "Whoa," came Daniel's reply.

"You'll need a little practice," said Hoist, "And you should be able to control which arm fires, and the intensity in no time." Daniel nodded, pleased. "Now, Daniel, I also installed some anti-gravity units into your legs. You can control them the same way as your blasters."

Daniel concentrated on flying, and soon began to rise into the air, and Hoist again spoke, "Daniel, I want you to remember, these aren't like jets. You can't really fly. You won't be able to get more than forty feet off the ground. If you try to go higher, they will not function, and you'll fall."

"I understand Hoist. Thanks." he said as he lowered himself to the floor. Hoist nodded, and Daniel and Rodimus left the repair bay. As they walked, Daniel looked up at Rodimus, "Thanks."

"Daniel, you do know I'm not going to let you go into battle. Those weapons are for emergency use only," admonished Rodimus.

"Rodimus, how old was my Dad when he started going into battle with the Decepticons?"

"Well, I wasn't around then, but from what I have been told, only a few years older than you," he answered.

"And he didn't have implants to give him super-strength," said Daniel.

Rodimus paused in thought, "Daniel, what are you talking about?"

"My Mom and Dad told the doctors to limit the power output of my arms and legs to a normal kids' strength." He paused, almost afraid to tell, "Well, I've been around computers a long time, long enough to learn a thing or two, and programming is my best subject in school. My Dad says I'm alot like Chip Chase was with a computer. I reprogrammed my prosthetics to give me the maximum possible strength."

Well, that was one mystery explained, thought Rodimus. "Just how strong are you, Daniel?"

Daniel turned to the nearest wall in the hallway. As with most Cybertronian construction it was twelve inches of some of the strongest metal around. Daniel punched through it with his right arm, wincing slightly, barely noticable, but Rodimus spotted it. "That's how strong," as he pulled his arm out of the hole.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 11:52 AM   #80
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
Chapter XXX "The First Circle, Part III"

"Damn it," muttered Blitzwing.

"This is pointless," said Onslaught, slamming his fist down on the makeshift operations table, and he turned and stalked off to the nearest wall.

"I hate to admit it, Optimus, but I've got to agree with them on this," said Springer. "We simply don't have enough information to plan an attack. Let's face it, we needed that information from the Decepticon's mainframe. Without it, we won't know what we're walking into, and we definitely won't know what we're up against. It will be suicide."

Optimus hated to admit it, but he knew he was right. Bumblebee and Ravage were to gather the most important information, and without it, they were no better off than when they started. And they had lost two more of their group. "There is no point in dwelling on it further tonight," said Optimus, wearily. "Why don't you three go recharge?" Springer and Onslaught nodded and left the room, but Blitwing had stayed behind. "Something I can do for you, Blitzwing?" asked Optimus.

"No, not really," he said and then turned to leave. But then he stopped. "Actually, Optimus, there is something that you need to know."

"Yes?"

"What I am about to tell you is going to be difficult to accept," began Blitzwing.

"What is it?" asked Optimus, more curious than anything.

"Before today, have you ever heard of the First Circle?" he asked.

Beyond the cryptic references that the Cassetticons had gathered, he had heard of the First Circle, but not for millions of years. Not since before he was Optimus Prime. The First Circle was a legend known to Orion Pax. "If memory serves, the First Circle was a myth. I have not heard it mentioned since before Alpha Trion rebuilt me into Optimus Prime, from Orion Pax."

"That does not surprise me. What do you know of the First Circle?" asked Blitzwing.

"Well, as legend had it back then, the First Circle was a group of Decepticons who believed in honor and glory through peace, not war. I've never seen any evidence that they were anything more than a myth."

"They were more than a myth, Optimus," said Blitzwing. "The First Circle was against the war. So when the Autobots defeated us in the last Great War, their hope was to build a new leader for the Decepticons, one who would prevent the beginning of a new one. They had the Constructicons build the body for this new leader, and his personality was carefully programmed."

"What happened?" asked Optimus.

"The result of the First Circle's attempt was Megatron. Unfortunately, the first thing he did was kill almost every member of the First Circle. Every member, but three."

"You were one of the three, weren't you?" assumed Optimus.

"Yes, I was," admitted Blitzwing. "I was the leader of the First Circle then, as I am to this day."

"What went wrong?" Optimus asked, "How could Megatron have turned out so opposite to what you had intended him to be?"

"Megatron was programmed by an outsider. Someone we knew we could trust, so I know it wasn't anything he did. The other surviving members were responsible. You see, we had a personality program written, which was to be merged with a life force, and he would become out new leader. The First Circle carefully and quietly had Vector Sigma build a lifeforce that we could merge with the program to ensure a being who would hold true to our ideals. Unfortunately, the lifeforce was corrupted."

"And who was it that wrote the personality program?" asked Optimus.

"Alpha Trion," answered Blitzwing.

"Alpha Trion," repeated Optimus. He felt as if he had been struck by a meteor. And suddenly he felt numb.

"Megatron was programmed by Alpha Trion. That kind of makes you and him brothers of a sort," observed Blitzwing.

As much as this news hit Optimus hard, at least one thing was now clear. He now knew why he was going to spare Megatron's life that day in Autobot City. He knew why he wasn't going to kill him. It was subconscious, but that had to be why. Megatron, like himself, was created by Alpha Trion. He was as much a father to Megatron as he was to himself. "Blitzwing, why are you telling me this?" he asked.

"The First Circle still exists, and many Decepticons are members. We meet in secret, and are very careful." he paused, gathering his thoughts, "There are only a handful of them that know I lead the First Circle. Most members don't even know that I am a member. Only when I was nearly destroyed by Skyquake and then repaired did I remember my true past. All the years of pretending to be one of Megatron's loyal troops had damaged my cerebro-circuitry, the crazy stunts like crushing my enemies by falling from the sky in my tank mode. I think when the time comes, this could prove to be useful."

"I agree," said Optimus. "Thank you, Blitzwing. This explains a great many things." Blitzwing turned to leave, but Optimus stopped him. "Who were they? The ones that altered the lifeforce?"

"I know who one of them was. It was Soundwave. The identity of the other, I don't know. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say Shockwave. But no one's seen him since Unicron's attack. He's probably dead. Many members of the First Circle
kept knowledge of their membersip to a minimum. Even as the leader of the First Circle, I do not know all of its members. I'm not even sure if Soundwave knew who the other member was."

With that, Blitzwing left Optimus alone. He kept thinking about what Blitzwing had said. If Alpha Trion had created Megatron, then why didn't he tell him? Why hadn't he warned him? "Why, Alpha, why?" he said to himself.

At that moment, Optimus felt strange. All of a sudden, as if he were being willed to by another mind, he opened his chest compartment. The Autobot Matrix of Leadership floated out of his chest, and hovered before him for a moment. Then an image of Alpha Trion appeared. Though he had merged with Vector Sigma, Alpha Trion was still capable of linking to the Matrix through it, considering he once carried the Matrix himself.

~Optimus Prime, I am sorry that I could not tell you the truth,~ he replied.

"You couldn't tell me, or you wouldn't tell me?" accused Optimus.

~For many years, Optimus, I carried the Matrix, while I waited for the one who would lead the Autobots to claim it. I helped the First Circle build a personality program thinking that perhaps the one I was constructing for them would be that leader. Even though the First Circle were Decepticons, they held the Autobot's belief in peace. You already know what happened.~

"You didn't answer my question," persisted Optimus.

~After the Aerialbots brought Orion Pax to my lab, as I rebuilt you, I felt the Matrix call me, and knew then that you were the leader that was to bear the Matrix,~ he explained. ~I knew then, that your and Megatron's futures would be invariably linked. I knew that one day it would come to pass that you would have to fight Megatron, and perhaps one day destroy him.~

"So you didn't tell me to make it easier for me if I had to destroy him," said Optimus.

~Yes. Somehow you knew subconsciously,~ said Alpha Trion, ~Subconsciously you have always known that there was a link between you and him.~ He paused, and then said, ~Now that you know part of the truth, you should know the rest of it.~

"What is it?" asked Optimus, "What more could there be?"

~Blitzwing said it well, you and Megatron are like brothers, but it goes beyond that. The program I wrote for the First Circle was merged with a corrupt lifeforce, which became Megatron. You are a merging of that same program, and the lifeforce of Orion Pax. In effect, you and Megatron come from the same program. You might almost be called twins.~

This was almost more than Optimus could believe. Megatron was not only his brotherm but almost a twin. Millenia of war suddenly took on a whole new meaning. "Does Megatron know any of this?" he asked.

~He knows that he was created by the First Circle, and that Soundwave and one other were responsible for the failure of their plan. He does not know that his programming was created by me,~ said Alpha Trion, ~And he does not know that you were created with the same program.~

"Perhaps I should enlighten him," said Optimus.

~If you do, be cautious. Megatron will likely react badly,~ warned Alpha.

"That is an understatement," replied Optimus. With that Alpha Trion disappeared, and the Matrix returned itself to Optimus' chest.

"This is Iacon-1, we are ready to depart," said Kup, on the Autobot command ship.

"Cleared for launch," came Spike's answer on the vid-screen. "Good luck."

Rodimus sat in the command chair. Ultra Magnus, Arcee, Kup, and Blurr sat at various stations around the bridge. "Rodimus, what's with Daniel? As soon as he came aboard he said he was going to the ship's target range," asked Ultra Magnus.

"Everyone, there are a few things you should know about Daniel," replied Rodimus, and told them everything that was going on.

"Poor kid," said Kup, "It must be tearing him up inside."

"All that anger, and he won't let it out," remarked Ultra Magnus.

"I promised Spike that he'd be alright," said Rodimus, worried.

"Don't worry, Rodimus," said Arcee, hopeful, "We should be able to help him." Rodimus hoped she was right.

The alarms were sounding all over the base. Optimus and the others raced to the mouth of the cave. The proximity sensors had picked up something moving towards the base.

"Something is approaching," replied Scavenger, "Readings indicate a single life sign, definitely Decepticon, but very weak, and coming in slow."

The Autobots and Decepticons took up defensive positions. "No one fires until I say so," ordered Optimus. He was trying to concentrate on what was happening, but his thoughts kept drifting back his conversations with Blitzwing and Alpha Trion. Suddenly, something emerged from the jungle foliage. "Ravage," recognized Optimus. He ran from his position to where the Decepticon cat stood. Before he reached him, though, Ravage slumped to the ground. The others soon gathered around them.

"Ravage, what happened?" asked Blitzwing.

"Where's Bumblebee?" asked Optimus.

Ravage weakly told them about what happened. "After the explosion, I ran for the end of the tunnel. I...escaped just before the Decepticons located the entrance. I knew that...Skyfire would never be able to pick me up with the area full of them, and I could not...take the chance of flying."

"You walked the entire way from Washington to South America?" asked Optimus, amazed.

"Yes, the data-recorder is on my back," said Ravage, as he released the magnetic coupler, and Optimus took it. A moment later, Ravage started to go into stasis lock.

"Perceptor, First Aid, get Ravage to the repair bay, he's almost out of Energon. Springer, Onslaught, Blitzwing, and Skyquake with me. We need to see what they found out," said Optimus.

"Wait," said Ravage, before losing consciousness, "Bumblebee asked me to give you a message, Optimus. He said to tell you that he was wrong, and that he was sorry."

With that, the others went inside. Optimus lingered outside a moment. Bumblebee must have died, he could never have survived an explosion like that. Another name to add to the list of those he had sent to their death. Another friend gone. Bumblebee had probably taken some of them with him, and Jetstorm was probably dead as well. But that thought was no consolation to him.

Optimus, Springer, Blitzwing, Skyquake, and Onslaught spent the next several hours going over the newly acquired data. "We have a complete schematic of their defense satellite network, and the locations and strengths of all their ground-based weapon systems," observed Blitzwing.

"We should be able to plan something now," said Springer.

Meanwhile, in a dark recess of the cave, Swindle had made a decision. The data they now had made them a real danger to Megatron. He would be even more grateful to know their location now. Swindle sent off a signal from his communicator.

Rodimus walked down the main corridor of Iacon-1 towards the target range. They were halfway to Earth, and Daniel had been there the entire trip. Rodimus entered the room and watched Daiel as he fired at some targets. One by one, he hit each target dead on. It hadn't taken him any time at all to master his blasters, and that worried Rodimus.

"Daniel, maybe you should get some sleep. It's been a long day," suggested Rodimus.

"I'm not tired, Rodimus."

Rodimus didn't want to push him, and sound like a parent trying to get him to go to bed, so he dropped the issue, "So, how are the blasters working?"

"Great. I can get them to fire on command without concentrating so much like before. The anti-gravs work good too."

"I'm glad it's all working so well. Why don't you take a break?" Rodimus sat down on the floor, and leaned against a wall. Daniel sat down next to him.

"Daniel, you know, if you want to talk to me about anything, I'm here, and ready to listen. Your Dad said that you haven't wanted to talk about the accident..."

"It was no accident, Rodimus," blurted Daniel, angrily. "Megatron attacked the base, and he is responsible for what happened." He started to calm down, "Rodimus, I want you to promise me something."

"What is it, Daniel?"

"Promise me I'll have a shot at Megatron," said Daniel.

"Daniel, your blasters, and even your strength are no match for Megatron," said Rodimus.

"Maybe not, but I still want a shot at him," he repeated.

"You know, Daniel, revenge can be a very destructive thing. You saw what it nearly did to Optimus."

"I don't care, Rodimus. I'm going to get him for what he did to me."

"Daniel, that's not a promise I can make to you, and you know it."

"I know, Rodimus." He got up and headed back to the range. Rodimus stayed for a minute, shaking his head sadly, and then returned to the bridge. It didn't seem like there was anything else he could say to Daniel.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 04:36 PM   #81
Unicron
Sector Marshall

please put up more when you can
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:34 AM   #82
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
Chapter XXXI "Escape"

For the last few hours, Optimus Prime, Springer, Onslaught, Blitzwing, and Skyquake pondered the new data they had received. "So is this going to be the start of us getting rid of Megatron?" asked Springer.

"Yes," replied Blitzwing, "I think we may be able to use Megatron's address of the troops to our advantage..." Before he could continue, however, the alarms began to sound.

Optimus activated his communicator, "Hound, what's going on?"

"We have a Decepticon attack force coming in at high speed," came the answer.

"How many?" asked Skyquake.

"Too many to tell from these readings."

"Are you sure they're heading for us?" asked Onslaught.

"They must be. Their course is too precise to be a coincidence," answered Hound.

"What's their ETA?" asked Blitzwing, concerned.

"About six minutes."

"Call back the patrols, I want everyone to the escape tunnel entrance in four minutes," ordered Optimus. He closed the channel, and they headed for the tunnel.

"What's happening?" asked Astrotrain, who was at the tunnel when they arrived.

"Megatron has found us," came the answer from Blitzwing.

"What about the holo-shield?" demanded Skyquake, "It was working perfectly."

"We can't worry about that now," said Optimus, starting to push everyone into the tunnels. A moment later everyone except Blitzwing and Optimus and the Constructicons had started to move into the tunnel, except one. "Where's Swindle?" Optimus asked.

"I think we've been betrayed," answered Blitzwing, angrily.

"Let's go, we can be gone before they defeat the automatic defenses," said Optimus. As they moved deeper into the tunnel, he noticed that Constructicons had stopped, several meters behind them. "Scrapper, what are you doing?"

"We're going to buy the rest of you some time to escape," called Scrapper.

"No, come with us, we can outrun them," said Optimus, as he ran towards them.

Scrapper aimed his pistol at the cave ceiling, "Get going Optimus. We'll hold them off." He paused for a moment, and said, "Tell Omega Supreme we wished to have been able to apologize for our betrayal." He fired, and ceiling collapsed, cutting them off.

Optimus raised his arms to ward off the falling rubble, there was nothing he could do now. Would he now have to add Decepticon lives to his conscience? He put the thought out of his mind, and started running after the others.

A moment after the Constructicons had sealed off the tunnel, the Decepticons descended on the base. The automatic guns kicked in, but only held them off for a few minutes, soon they were all in smoking ruin. Then, Megatron, followed by Soundwave, and the remaining Mutanacons headed for the opening in to the cave, it's holo-shield having been deactivated by Swindle.

"I want them alive," called Megatron to his troops as they walked closer, "Preferably."

At that moment the Constructicons ran out of the cave. "Constructicons, unite!" called Scrapper. A moment later, the mighty Devastator rose high above them. He raised his solar rifle at some of Megatron's troops and fired a full charged blast, knocking seven of them off their feet, killing them.

"Prepare for destruction, Megatron," said Devastator, as he swung a massive fist at Megatron. Unfortunately, Megatron moved out of the way of the blow.

"Destroy the traitor," ordered Megatron to the Mutanacons.

Spyder, Wolverine, Thing and Cyclops fired several searing blasts at the giant, who was unable to maintain his balance under the barrage. He fell his back, and separated into his six component parts. It was soon over quickly as the Mutanacons dealt death to the Constructicons one by one, until only Scrapper remained.

Megatron walked over to his dying body, and picked him up by the neck, "Why did you betray me?" he demanded.

Scrapper's optics flared red, using the last ounce of his energy to answer, "For the glory of the First Circle." His eyes dimmed, and he was gone.

In a rage, Megatron lifted the sparkless body over his head and smashed it the ground. At that moment, Swindle came running out of the base, "Megatron, they are trying to escape through a tunnel at the back of the cave," he called.

"Decepticons, after them. Soundwave, stay with me." The Mutanacons, followed by the twenty-three remaining Decepticon warriors entered the cave.

"So, Megatron, I'm happy I could help you out," said Swindle as he approached Megatron and Soundwave.

"Are you now?" replied Megatron.

"I think it's time we discussed my compensation," said Swindle.

"Of course it is," answered Megatron. He walked over to Swindle and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You've done well Swindle, and you're going to get exactly what you deserve." Megatron placed his hands around Swindle's neck and began to squeeze, lifting him off the ground.

"Megat...pleas..." begged Swindle, but this time it wouldn't do any good. Megatron squeezed tighter, until the neckplates collapsed, and Megatron held Swindle's head in his hands. He looked at it amused, and then dropped it, stepping on it. It crackled with energy, and hissed as it was crushed.

"Consider yourself rewarded," said Megatron. He turned to Soundwave. "You heard what Scrapper said?"

"Yes, mighty Megatron."

"I'm afraid my dismissal of the First Circle was a mistake," admitted Megatron. "I want you to find out who their leader is."

"I will do my best, Megatron, but as before, I am sure it is a closely guarded secret," said Soundwave.

"Do not fail me, Soundwave. The traitors must be found," Megatron said, as he viewed the carnage before him.

Last edited by Optimus Prime : Dec 27, 2005 at 05:06 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 02:26 PM   #83
Unicron
Sector Marshall

how do you choke something that doesnt breath
Old Dec 27, 2005, 05:05 PM   #84
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

He may not breathe, but if you cut the head off a snake, he's dead Swindle wasn't trying to breathe so much as as beg Megatron not to kill him. Unfortunately, too much pressure on his vocabulator caused it to malfunction, hence the likeness to choking.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 05:31 PM   #85
Unicron
Sector Marshall

I know, Im just saying that the way its written, that it seems like Megatron is choking the life out of Swindle.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 01:02 AM   #86
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005

Since when do robots have lungs?
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 07:56 AM   #87
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by Unicron
I know, Im just saying that the way its written, that it seems like Megatron is choking the life out of Swindle.

But he was, wasn't he? Yesssss...
Old Dec 28, 2005, 02:18 PM   #88
Unicron
Sector Marshall

yeah yeah yeah, we get the point....On with the story!

Old Dec 28, 2005, 02:20 PM   #89
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthJohn
Since when do robots have lungs?

Ask that to George Lucas, who came up with that coughing droid in Episode III...
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 05:31 PM   #90
Unicron
Sector Marshall

he probably couldnt come up with a ligit answer.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Fan/Original Fiction