Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Sep 23, 2005, 07:57 PM   #76
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Lost- you are watching it right?

It just took a strange turn for the chiller-ly weird.

I kinda had nightmares last night. Granted, they involved other stuff, but it all started out with:

"Hi there."
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:16 PM   #77
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

I had a scary nightmare last night too! It involved guns. Lots of guns. And me shooting people. And me being scared X_X
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 09:21 PM   #78
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

?????????????????spoilers????????

Quote:
Originally posted by mack
It just took a strange turn for the chiller-ly weird.

I think Jacks going to go insane! or Locke knows more than hes letting on as allways.

?????????????????Spoilers???????????
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 02:24 PM   #79
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

This stupid not-having-broadband is killing me. I can't wait for the final episode but at the same time I know that's going to leave me Lostless for a year or whatever until the PTB decide to grace us with Season 2. Tomorrow night is the end of S1, the last two parts of Exodus. And considering the end of the first part had me a blubbering wreck, in an uplifting sort of way, I have mixed feelings about the end of the season.

And my God, Certain Previously Unnoticed Lostaway has Redshirt written all over him...
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:31 AM   #80
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle

whats redshirt suposed to mean?
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:39 AM   #81
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Redshirt = Token Enterprise crewmember that usually dies in the first few minutes of the Original series episodes. Sucked to be a nameless redshirt.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:41 AM   #82
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle

aha... I'd just call him a "crew member" Just like star trek. I would have hated to be on that ship and had to go on an away mission.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:46 AM   #83
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

"But Captain, this is my first away mission on an uncharted planet, and I've read the previous mission logs. I'd really like to decline this duty, thanks."
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 07:37 PM   #84
mack
misanthrope
Arrow spoilers?

Thing about it is--they havent offed anyone significant ...yet (Ive only just watched the 2nd Sawyer episode. I find it amusing that when it comes dying time, suddenly, one of the 40 something OTHER people on the island are significant.

Please. And notice how now that the story is fragmenting into separate tracks, they are grafting in these random strangers to be a part of the plot?
Old Sep 27, 2005, 02:20 AM   #85
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: spoilers?

Quote:
Originally posted by mack
Please. And notice how now that the story is fragmenting into separate tracks, they are grafting in these random strangers to be a part of the plot?

All multi-layered narratives do it, from Magnolia to Crash. The coincidences are ridiculous, but they move the plot forward. When I reached the second Sawyer episode, I was beginning to think it was getting gimmicky but after he spoke to a certain person in the bar, I thought it was a neat idea and it remains my favourite flashback sequence. Now I just watch and enjoy the interwining flashbacks no matter how unbelievable - or irrelevant - they are.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:02 AM   #86
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle

I think its random actors coming into the studios and being conned into playing a 15 second role.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:38 PM   #87
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

SPOILERS! ISH!

Well, at least the Redshirt went out in style. Quite grotesque, memorable style.

Otherwise, I gotta say I was underwhelmed by the final episodes of Exodus. The montage of the characters taking their seats in the plane was pretty chilling, but other than that it just didn't build up the kind of "OHMYGOD!" momentum most shows shoot for with their season closer. And Locke just annoys the crap out of me more and more. I guess that sides me with the Man of Science. Looks like Charlie's looking for a cool new scar of his own though, eh?
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 01:19 PM   #88
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Nah, I loved the second Exodus. The bit with Walt at the end was great.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 12:02 AM   #89
mack
misanthrope

k, so when I finished Do No Harm, and I was . Things took a turn for stranger pastures, and Im definitely placing this show back on probation!
Old Sep 30, 2005, 06:23 AM   #90
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

I'm reading all the above very cautiously I've got to the Sayid episode ... I'm afraid the most prominent thing in my mind was 'Wow, he's been kidnapped by Delenn!"

That and my minor gripe with anything to do with Arabs shown in fi;ms and TVs ... nobody talks the way they talk. The language they use, the words they use, they're Classical Arabic. Textbook Arabic. It is rather like the Queen's English, which one never uses while discoursing colloquially. See??
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum