Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Mar 15, 2006, 01:59 AM   #1
boodroe
Apprentice
4 flights since Mar 2006
What movie is this???

I saw a movie when i was a kid, it must have been made in the early to mid 80's. It was a scifi movie and the only really vivid scene i remember is a guy that is looking at himself in the mirror in his bathroom and he rips off his own face. For some reason i remember some ball of light floating around. Like i said i saw it when i was a kid in the 80's. Can anyone help me?
boodroe is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2006, 07:35 AM   #2
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: What movie is this???

Quite possibly Spielberg's "Poltergeist", directed by Tobe Hooper, of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" fame.

There's a scene where one of the "phantom hunters" goes to the bathroom and halucinates that he's ripping his face off, and later in the movie there's indeed a ball of light that goes down the stairs towards them.

Hope this is of help.

Poltergeist on the IMDB.

Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:38 AM   #3
boodroe
Apprentice
4 flights since Mar 2006

Someone told me it might be the mini series "V" that aired in 1983? Can anyone confirm this?
Old Mar 15, 2006, 03:04 PM   #4
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

I don't remember any face 'ripping', although there was face removal in V.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:21 PM   #5
Iwata
Autarch

As an enourmous "V" fan myself, I can tell you it's definitely NOT it.

From what you said, it's "Poltergeist".
Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:45 AM   #6
boodroe
Apprentice
4 flights since Mar 2006

Thanks for the responses. No, its not Poltergeist i am thinking of, iv seen all of them many times. Was "V" a movie before it became a mini series or did it start as a mini series?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:07 AM   #7
Iwata
Autarch

Miniseries.

But there's no guy face-ripping in a bathroom, and certainly no balls of light floating around.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:11 AM   #8
just myron
Starfighter
124 flights since Feb 2006

Since this subject is on, here goes: It's a film about some sort of martial arts where you just stab someone with your fingers and they explode. I've seen the anime version and the film version, and I vividly remember that Chris Penn guy, or another Penn guy. My medicinal use of marijuana during these last few years has disrupted my memory cells. This is driving me crazy! Can someone help me here?
just myron is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:23 AM   #9
MasterGlen
Recruit Pilot
9 flights since Apr 2006

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. No, its not Poltergeist i am thinking of, iv seen all of them many times. Was "V" a movie before it became a mini series or did it start as a mini series?

I can't speak for the rest of the world but V was a 2 hour one of film in Australia then the series came maybe a year later or so
MasterGlen is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 01:10 PM   #10
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

I have a movie question.

So there's some astraunauts or something and they're running out of air and then one of the guys looks at his hand and says somthing like, "There's not a lot of data on that."

I don't know if that's accurate or anything, this information isn't mine. I just heard about it from a friend and I need the name so I can rent it.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 03:05 AM   #11
MasterGlen
Recruit Pilot
9 flights since Apr 2006

Without more info - actually sounds like Marooned. Been a long time since I saw it. But there is a scene where this guys hand starts to tremble. Cant even remember why that is sticking in my head
Old Apr 10, 2006, 06:57 AM   #12
Iwata
Autarch

Yep, Marooned.

Bloody awful movie.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 03:50 PM   #13
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

Sounds good then.

Thanks.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:03 PM   #14
MasterGlen
Recruit Pilot
9 flights since Apr 2006

It kinda scares you when you can possibly name a film with that little information.

When it came out - It wasn't that a bad movie. At least it tried to tell a resonably accurate story - the subsequent Apollo 13 incident gave it a lot more street cred than it probably deserved.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 08:08 PM   #15
mr_sledgeka
Starfighter
62 flights since Sep 2005

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterGlen

I can't speak for the rest of the world but V was a 2 hour one of film in Australia then the series came maybe a year later or so

Here in Australia! it was a 4 hour mini-series over 2 nights about 2 years later followed V-the final battle(mini-series) about 6 hours long including ads!. Then the ill-fated TV Series followed which got very silly towards the end!

PS. I met Jane Badler(Diana) last weekend. I told her how big V-the original mini-series was down here.
mr_sledgeka is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum