Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Jun 30, 2006, 04:39 AM   #31
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004
Re: What movie is this???

Me neither. But a blatant ripoff of Day of the Triffids.
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 11:55 AM   #32
just myron
Starfighter
124 flights since Feb 2006

I really need to see more post-apocalypse movies. I remember this one I saw on Showtime with that one guy from Total Recall (Richter?) and I guess they try to make it from one side of the U.S. to the other and there was this ball of bright light they had to pass through wearing gas masks.
just myron is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 08:19 PM   #33
bigdaddy_8564
Apprentice
2 flights since Aug 2006

I am looking for a movie that i watched in the early to mid 90's so it was probably made in 70's - 80's im guessing. I dont remember to much about the movie but i can explain the little i do remember. I know that men operated these really big robots that they actually stood in and operated. When the guys inside would step the robot would do the same. These guys would fight in an arena for entertainment at first, then it got out of control and people started getting killed. I know its not to much but its been a good 10 or so years since ive seen it and maybe somebody out there knows what i am jabbering about. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanx
bigdaddy_8564 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 03:10 PM   #34
DEL 707
Apprentice
4 flights since Aug 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by just myron
Since this subject is on, here goes: It's a film about some sort of martial arts where you just stab someone with your fingers and they explode. I've seen the anime version and the film version, and I vividly remember that Chris Penn guy, or another Penn guy. My medicinal use of marijuana during these last few years has disrupted my memory cells. This is driving me crazy! Can someone help me here?

Sounds like Fist of the North Star
DEL 707 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:54 AM   #35
just myron
Starfighter

What exactly is that movie about? I couldn't really understand it and now I can't seem to find it.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:36 PM   #36
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy_8564
I am looking for a movie that i watched in the early to mid 90's so it was probably made in 70's - 80's im guessing. I dont remember to much about the movie but i can explain the little i do remember. I know that men operated these really big robots that they actually stood in and operated. When the guys inside would step the robot would do the same. These guys would fight in an arena for entertainment at first, then it got out of control and people started getting killed. I know its not to much but its been a good 10 or so years since ive seen it and maybe somebody out there knows what i am jabbering about. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanx
There's 2 films it could be - same production team, I think...

Robot Jox
Crash and Burn
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 05:07 PM   #37
lost
Pilot
19 flights since Oct 2006

The first post, did anyone discover what it was? There is a scene in the Last Starfighter where the robot version of the main character takes his own head off, and at a few points does a few other freaky things. Anyway, this scene scared the crap outta me when i was a kid, just wondering if it was this one the guy was thinking of.

(plus the Chris Penn one with the punch that makes people explode is defo the film version of the cartoon Fist of the North Star. Not much into cartoons myself but the cartoon is way better than the live action version imo)
lost is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 05:54 PM   #38
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Yes, I thought that Last Starfighter scene was quite creepy too (as was the first time you saw the android's 'face') when I was a kid - now it's a bit cheesy, a bit like the rest of the film

But no, the first post still doesn't ring any non-Poltergeist bells with me.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:54 AM   #39
just myron
Starfighter

Thank you for your reply, lost. I will now try to find that one.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:51 PM   #40
lost
Pilot
19 flights since Oct 2006
Talking Re: What movie is this???

I really want to know if this was the film that the original poster was inquiring about, but it looks like he ain't been back lately.Guess i'll never know.

Anyways, yes, splendiferous, it was very cheesy, it was no 'battle beyond the stars' thats for sure.
lost is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2007, 11:57 PM   #41
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006

I found that other movie i was looking for it called The Alien Factor.

Now i'm trying to find a rare movie from the 1980's(83' - 87'). It was broadcast on the USA network. I have seen it twice but cant remember its title. It started off in a cave with these college friends, they are exploring the cave. They come across some wierd purple crystals, which seem to be alive. Im not sure what happens next but they leave the cave. People start to disappear and stuff. We hear really weird noises, but we never see whats causing the noises. Someone gets chased through the back of a bowling alley. Thats about all i remember about the movie. (its been driving me #@$%&*@#$@ crazy)
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:13 PM   #42
shockwave rider
Pilot
26 flights since May 2007

Zoundz like 2 epizodes of "X Files". "Rush" (Cave) + " Elegy" (Bowling alley)

Merging memories?

Last edited by shockwave rider : Jun 26, 2007 at 08:19 PM.
shockwave rider is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:23 PM   #43
davecallaway200
Wing Commander

Nope this was in mid 80's
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:08 PM   #44
shockwave rider
Pilot
26 flights since May 2007

Kadaicha (aka Stones of Death) (1988)

The plot centers on a group of high school friends (all appearing to be about 22 - 25 years old, actually) who start having disturbing nightmares involving creepy native Aborigines who apparently live in the sewers beneath their trendy sea-side modern day housing community. One by one the kids have identical visions and awake to find a native Kadaicha -- some sort of Aboriginal death stone crystal -- on their pillows, then are invariably killed in somewhat unique methods that all seem to involve demonic or possessed animals.
shockwave rider is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:18 PM   #45
davecallaway200
Wing Commander

Sounds close but this was made in america. This is going to drive me $%^&*#$ crazy.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum