Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old Jul 8, 2006, 05:16 AM   #1
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003
Pretty please with sugar and cookies?

I was going to wait till you'd finished tweaking etc but me and waiting...not so great together. Ok again don't hate me, I know it's more work, but techincally only like 4 more buttons a couple of databases and a bit of profile coding...?

Sciflicks could have a DVD list thingy for members. That can link back to the movies it has in it's database. Could even show the lil combined rating thingy with each movie in individuals lists.

We could have a way too look at our movie activity like:
> Recently watched sf's
> Rented
> Bought
> Most watched
> Reviews etc

2 of the most used threads are last film watched and updated dvds. If on a persons profile it showed their most watched film, or newest acquired dvd (title with mini posters and star rathing thingy - would lead to some interesting reveals), then a set of options so you could look at ppls:
> owned dvds* (wonder if it would be possible to compare their personal rating with everyone elses?) - sortable by ratings (own, general sciflicks one) and most watched
> last few rented/watched etc etc
> oooh should be a cinema watch one too
> reviewed films (should definatly have latest review shown in profile - with an option to view the rest of their reviews)
> Cinema Diary - just a list like rented/watched
All you'd need is a buttons to each film's page: Bought/Watched/Rented/Cinemafied.

*maybe just have a Pilot's Flicks center where they're all listed but can be broken down into rented/bought/most watched/went to cinema whatever (with the top/latest one of each section shown in profile). Ok getting stuck in complicated circles now.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 05:21 AM   #2
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Pretty please with sugar and cookies?

Pilot's Flicks Centre sounds fun Kindof a 'getting to know your fellow pilots and their tastes' area.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 11:46 AM   #3
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Yeah, I like this, very Rotten Tomatoes. Have you seen the forum profiles they have there? It loosk more like a mini-MySpace than anything else.

They don't have a "last film watched" thing though - they put that in their signatures and rate them there.

I do love the Cinema Diary thing. I actually made my own, but it drowned under new threads and no one noticed it.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 01:06 PM   #4
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

Seraph , seriously, i think you are way overhyped. Take a pill and relax.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 01:49 PM   #5
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
Seraph , seriously, i think you are way overhyped. Take a pill and relax.

I think I may be responsible for fuelling her excitement actually. This was something I and her discussed a few days ago.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 02:03 PM   #6
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

Then please use your power to "unfuel" it. She may explode with over-excitement any second now.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2006, 02:14 PM   #7
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

Old Jul 9, 2006, 05:48 AM   #8
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Sugar is good (though I'd personally like to stab the beach ball)

Eh, it was ripped from a long PM conversation (couldn't be bothered re doing), the point's in there somewhere though.

Still don't think posts should count in here though, if they still do
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems