Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

All sci-fi movies which have too many fantasy elements/unexplained phenomenae to classify properly as science fiction.

Old Jul 28, 2007, 07:43 AM   #16
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002
Re: The Dark Knight

this could easily be the best movie of 08 , I need to see it now damnit!

Last edited by Darth Bob : Jul 28, 2007 at 02:52 PM.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:52 PM   #17
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005

WOW! this will be a winner all the way, Ledger is kind of miscasted cause i always wanted Crispen Glover to play Joker but i think he'll make a good Joker just like Nicholson, Hamil and Caesar Romero.
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:50 AM   #18
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Inetense trailer - to have pretty much showed us nothing. One thing you gotta love about DC - particulary the Batman franchise - the bad guys are BAD guys. No conflicted scientists here, no ends-justify-the-means crap or good ambition gone bad. The Joker of the Batman graphic novels and novels is a sadistic serial killer...you gotta love it! I guess that's what so disappointed me about Venom in Spider-Man 3 - I thought finally we're going to get a good, true to form, baddie in the otherwise flawless franchise - and then he turns out to be little more than a footnote - drove me nuts!

I agree, this one is clearly shaping up to be the best flick of 08 and could easily dethrone Spider-Man 2 as the best comic-to-film flick of all time.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2007, 03:34 AM   #19
Darth Bob
The Eld

shame to anyone who missed the teaser, WB is onto some marketing campaign here, constently changing the sites, and whysoserious now re-directs to a rent a clown site.

as well as making sure the teaser is removed from Youtube, now it's time to wait for the new joker viral site.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 09:34 AM   #20
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Some news this morning - Batamatrix!

Quote:
Batman-on-Film reports that a "Batman" anime project is in the works in the vein of "The Animatrix".

A memo says that the PG-13 anthology project would consist of short stories which help bridge the gap between "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight." It also indicates the likes of Josh Olsen ("A History of Violence"), David Goyer ("Batman Begins"), and famed comic book writer Brian Azzarello amongst others are attached to write stories for the work.

More pics and filming from "The Dark Knight" in Chicago are up and include Batpod Action, More Batpod Action and Joker preparing for a scene. There's also talk that scribe Jonah Nolan has started work already on a first draft of "The Dark Knight" follow-up project based on the original David Goyer/Chris Nolan outline (the pair came up with outlines for three films when they penned 'Begins').

Finally, a new Joker site will be revealed in September, releasing new images from the film. The first trailer with footage is expected to be attached to "I Am Legend".
Old Aug 6, 2007, 09:49 AM   #21
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

Sounds good.

I wish they would make a scrubby dark looking anime out of DC-Special Batman & Dracula: Red Rain and it's sequel Bloodstorm... uuuuuh
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 07:25 AM   #22
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

http://kungfurodeo.com/2007/08/16/da...two/#more-4892

http://kungfurodeo.com/2007/08/16/da...one/#more-4868
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 08:30 AM   #23
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Some news concerning the next-next sequel:

Quote:
The Bat reunites with The Cat?

I remember talking to David Goyer, writer of “Batman Begins” and story maestro for the next two “Batman” movies, about his plans for the current trilogy and as far as I can remember, his pitch featured only the characters Harvey Dent/Two Face, The Joker and of course, the charcoaled avenger. Have the powers-that-be made a customary-studio-typical suggestion for the next –the third – “Batman” film though? And just how tight do they want the latex suit?
I wouldn’t have taken much notice of this – if only because it’s too early to be talking about the next instalment – item at Cinema Blend, suggesting Catwoman’s possible appearance in the next movie, if only the scooper hadn’t got the first bit right. “Word is that Heath Ledger could be coming back in the next sequel which will have Two Face as the main villain.”

That’s spot on with what Goyer’s said, and anyone else in the know.
Now, the scooper says that “a certain feline” may be in the next movie. No concrete yay or nay, just a maybe. And again, it’s always a possibility. And of course Warner would no doubt like her to pop up in the movie – the more the merrier as far as studio execs are concerned. I say plonk Rachel McAdams in the little black number… meeeeeeow!
Take it with a grain of table salt for now, and swallow some pepper as a chaser, but interesting none the less.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 02:54 AM   #24
Darth Bob
The Eld

Is it just me or does heath ledgers Joker look a bit burtonesque, and i can't help it but it reminds me of beetlejuice

http://www.news.com.au/common/imaged...5773992,00.jpg
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:32 AM   #25
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

No way - it's the difference between a tounge in cheek film that almost says "look how absurd this whole thing is" and a serious film that says "hey, even grown men dressing up like bats and clowns can be taken seriously."

Like most, I was kind of taken back when Ledger was cast as Joker. But now it seems like an obvious choice - someone young and typically normal looking. Ledger really is the joker of the adult, graphic novel vs. Nicholson - the joker of the 50's comic book; serial killer vs. your twisted old uncle.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:46 AM   #26
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

New trailer on-line: http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

Intense - doesn't quite say it all. As one of the few who felt like Nicholson's portrayal was far too clean and campy - Ledger looks wickedly sinister.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 06:03 AM   #27
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Didn't love the first film to be honest (all a bit blah). Funny, given how much the Joker was hyped on the internet, I would have thought the trailer would capiatlise on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighWiredSith
No way - it's the difference between a tounge in cheek film that almost says "look how absurd this whole thing is" and a serious film that says "hey, even grown men dressing up like bats and clowns can be taken seriously."

Like most, I was kind of taken back when Ledger was cast as Joker. But now it seems like an obvious choice - someone young and typically normal looking. Ledger really is the joker of the adult, graphic novel vs. Nicholson - the joker of the 50's comic book; serial killer vs. your twisted old uncle.
I though he was cast for his smile (and for being a pretty damn good actor when he puts his mind to it). Ironically Ledger's Joker is closer to the tv series - facial ticks/mannerisms.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:38 AM   #28
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

I have no idea why he was cast other than possibly to create buzz about being cast against type. For so many of these comic films, particularly the previous Batman franchise, the baddies were cast with the most obvious choices (Devito as Penguin - how can you get more obvious than that). Although I can recall there being some eyebrows raised about casting Nicholson as the joker it still seemed an obvious choice.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy