Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy

All sci-fi movies which have too many fantasy elements/unexplained phenomenae to classify properly as science fiction.

Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:40 PM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Superman Returns Some More

So the returns for Returns turned out to be a turnip, one halfway good turn deserves another turn, so it turns out.

Quote:
Legendary on Board Superman Sequel
Source: Variety
August 27, 2006

In a Variety article talking about investors it is mentioned that Legendary is on board for the Superman Returns sequel:

If Legendary is unnerved, it isn't showing. Like Warners, Legendary insists it will turn a profit on "Superman Returns," and has given all indications that it's on deck to co-finance a sequel.

Like Legendary, all the funds argue that they won't be made, or broken, by just one pic. By investing in a slate of pics over the course of several years, they're virtually guaranteed a return of 10%.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 04:00 PM   #2
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002
Re: Superman Returns Some More

I expect they'll make their money on the dvd sales,I'll be buying the two disc edition, despite the PLOTHOLE (that I love mentioning)anyway the cinema is dying out, home media is the way to go.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 07:56 PM   #3
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

Is it going to be called Superman Returns Some More, or is that just the thread title? Because calling a movie Superman Returns Some More is just silly. Sillier than my idea of Superman Returns Twice.
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 07:58 AM   #4
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

How about "SUPERMAN : HE'S STILL HERE" ?
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 07:45 PM   #5
scifi_lover
Trust No One

*laughs* Ahh... hell, I'm still giggling. I don't actually know what they'll call it. Do they usually have a system for naming sequals that come after movies that already sound like sequals themselves?
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:24 AM   #6
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

From Empire:

'"I plan to get all Wrath of Khan on it," says Singer. "I have only ideas at this point. But I want to bring a more threatening, terrible, foreboding element."'

In other words...it's going to be "darker".
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 04:47 PM   #7
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus
From Empire:

'"I plan to get all Wrath of Khan on it," says Singer. "I have only ideas at this point. But I want to bring a more threatening, terrible, foreboding element."'

In other words...it's going to be "darker".

ok, that means one of the alien supervillians then, probably Darkseid, or potentially Doomsday (even though he's more a dc-wide threat), as long as the film doesn't go over-board with the "darker" element, which is all too cliche at the moment, and tends to mean the films going to be utter crap.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:39 PM   #8
Sleeper
Wing Commander
318 flights since Mar 2003

So long as Supes is duking it out for a good few minutes here and there, it should be a slightly better film. But then to have a movie of just Supes fighting it out would be insanely boring despite the visuals. What happened in THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS in the underground scene against the machines comes to mind. Great for the 10 or so minutes of shell fire, but exhausting and in the end a little flat.
Sleeper is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 06:26 PM   #9
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

apparently, its true! Im surprised that they have anything more to show.

Release Date: Summer 2009
Director: Bryan Singer
Plot Summary: A sequel to the summer 2006 action-adventure. Bryan Singer returns to direct with Brandon Routh again playing Clark Kent/Superman
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 05:14 PM   #10
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

WB confirmed that there won't be a Superman Returns sequel.

Their next Superman movie is going to be a complete reboot again.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:15 AM   #11
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Yeah, read that.

With the huge success of The Dark Knight - give you one guess what DC/WB want to do with their current DC franchise films - yep, dark and serious...all of them.

Personally - I hate Superman, always have, as a character. I did, however, enjoy Richard Donner's film but that was it. I didn't even like II that much (if you've not seen the Donner Cut of Superman II do yourself a favor and see how good that film could have been...)

I do, however, think there's a lot of reasons why a retro Superman film could be great. Take him back to his 1930 roots. If you step back and look where Science Fiction is heading - I have a feeling retro is going to be the next big thing - Steampunk is about to emerge as the hot SciFi sub-genre and I think a retro Superman film could really be good.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:04 PM   #12
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

I think they could make a sequel to Returns just fine and make it darker and grittier. I think they are just copping out.

Last edited by Optimus Prime : Dec 25, 2008 at 06:14 PM.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:19 PM   #13
scifi_lover
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I think they could make a sequel to Returns just fine and make make it darker and grittier. I think they are just copping out.

I bet they just couldn't think of a name for a sequel to a movie that had the word "Returns" in it.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:48 PM   #14
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Never to be accused of being original or letting a phenomenon go unexploited, my guess is they would call it The Man of Steel.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 03:44 PM   #15
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005

I hear it might be a Reboot like "Batman Begins" did.
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Borderline Sci-Fi/Fantasy