Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

From "12 Monkeys" to "Explorers"...

Old Feb 8, 2008, 07:01 PM   #1
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002
Cloverfield

Well, saw this nice little film last night and I admit to liking it.

Anyone want to postulate where 'it' came from and what it was doing?
I believe that where-ever it came from it was finding a place to have it's babies, or at least came with babies to find food, maybe?

Any other queries then post them on too. I am sure there are more to be had.
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 02:06 PM   #2
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002
Re: Cloverfield

In the grand old tradition of JJ Abrams, the clue is there if you know where to look.... if you're looking very, very closely at the last few frames.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:42 PM   #3
The one......
Sector Marshall

Under the bridge bit? I am all intrigue now.... May just have to go see.

EDIT: just checked it out and I can't see or hear anything that would answer that.

*shakes Jill* where woman, where is it?

Last edited by The one...... : Feb 10, 2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 02:05 PM   #4
The one......
Sector Marshall

Well blow me. I did a search and I found a wealth of info about Cloverfield.

It is all interlinked, references all over the place to the interlinking in the film, hidden messages, facebook accounts from characters, myspace too, even you tube clips of characters.
There are websites of fake companies that are referenced in the film and if you check it all out, there are many clues to questions posed regarding the film. IT's HUGE!!

And it's great! you can be the detective here- brilliant the way they don't give it all outright. Soooo interactive.

God knows how long it will take to read it all!!

Here's the link anyway- many spoilers involved when you scroll down.
Also if you scroll down there are a list of web links to the fake companies, etc.

http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archive...erfield_e.html

PS Jill, I did see it, but thought it was something else that was naturally supposed to be there.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:06 PM   #5
The one......
Sector Marshall

Well blow me sideways with a monster!

I decided to search it all, and well, 8hrs later here I am!!!

(I am sad- as in mega geekness took over)

Whooooaaaa. Is what I have to say. It is a complete ARG, alternative real game, with so many characters, web pages, blogs, merchandise- the list goes on and on.
Anagrams are rife, alongside many clues.

look up bloop in wikipedia- the word bloop is on the slusho! web page for no apparant reason- well to give clues obviously.

The creature appears to have links to a whale, but it is thought due to Tagruato's deepsea mining company they disturbed the monster that has been down there for millions of years.

Slusho! is a drink company that is part of Tagruato and has a secret ingrediant from deep in the sea that makes people very happy. It is also thought to make them grow and get stronger at the same time. Hence bigness of monster.

This would also fit in with the idea that the small monsters are some kind of organism living on the monster (as happens with whales) and that these have grown in size and strength too.

I won't give it all away if you want to go see yourselves. It's a fine web of things.

Concentration....is.....low. I have absorbed way too much info on this.

Here are the links:

http://www.1-18-08.com
http://www.tagruato.jp
http://www.slusho.jp
http://www.tidowave.com
http://jamieandteddy.com login is jllovesth
http://myspace.com/robbyhawkins

I can't believe that these were all out there before the film release, and we knew nothing of them!!!

Anyway, go see , come back and lets chat!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:48 AM   #6
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

SPOILERS

Just watched it and hit on IMDB to find out about the splash in the last frames and the voice over to the credits and this huge viral campaign. However I'm waaaaaaay too lazy to get dragged all over the net so The One you are my official mecca of knowledge Soooo.....

1) What exactly is the voice over at the end? To me it sounded like "Help Us", but seen people say it's actually "It's alive"

2) If it came from the deep blue sea what was the splash and if it was a satelite (which I've seen bandied about), why did it crash?

3) Is there a sequel planned with mama Cloverfield???
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 01:07 AM   #7
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

saw the movie - it was quite good. everyone else hated the filming through the handheld, but I think it goes to show me how many homemade vids I've watched that the movement bothered me not at all. Clearly they cleaned up the picture and glossed it over for the movie, but other than that, the shooting was EXACTLY like your typical homemade video.

Someone theorized to me that the idea of shooting Cloverfield with a handheld (and its resulting acceptance/popularity), was because so many of us are intrigued by other people's lives and enjoy the voyeuristic pleasure of watching someone else's "reality" bites.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 07:17 AM   #8
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

There have been quite a few movies based on the whole "first-hand" scenario, and ironically enough, the sole bad experience I've had with the type was the one that started it all, "The Blair Witch Project".

"Cloverfield", "Diary of the Dead", "Redacted" and others besides seem to show that we are indeed getting increasingly willing to give up the grand picture in order to get a more personal view of the action.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:01 AM   #9
Clay
Starfighter
149 flights since Mar 2004

I actually liked this film. It had a decent story and the action sequences looked very realistic. The shaky camera bit is always annoying but that along with the limited screen scope seemed to help this one.
Clay is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 06:33 PM   #10
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

I liked this movie. I thought it was interesting and i liked how nothing was really explained.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2009, 06:57 AM   #11
Vonstadt
Pilot
44 flights since Dec 2002

I agree, this was nice little film, a nod to the original Godzilla. Did its job and entertained and really drags you into it!
Vonstadt is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 08:13 AM   #12
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

i believe there will be a #2 coming out
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:24 AM   #13
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

Really? Neat. if they stick to what works....which is making a movie thats actually good, it might turn out alright.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]