Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Upcoming Movies

Scoops, news, gossip and rumors abound...

Old Dec 13, 2009, 07:19 AM   #1
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005
Iron Man 2 (2010).

Perhaps my most anticipated movie of next year! the teaser poster is out in theaters now and i dunno when that teaser trailer will come out.

I'm just dying for one.
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: Iron Man 2 (2010).

****ty quality, but there you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEzaVXioeS4
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2009, 01:24 PM   #3
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

Hmmm, looks interesting, still very early days but we shall see, btw was that mickey rourke?
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Iwata
Autarch

Yes it was. He plays Whiplash.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 09:30 AM   #5
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

Neat. I'm looking forward to this one. Could be fun.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2009, 03:53 PM   #6
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

You can see the good trailer at Apple here
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2010, 04:23 AM   #7
Cactus_Jack
Pilot
40 flights since Jul 2003

looks amazing, i hope they don't turn it into a movie like predator 2 or jaws 4 lol
Cactus_Jack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2010, 05:37 AM   #8
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

Saw trailer in the cinema last night, I was slightly more than merry, but will definately be going to see!
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:35 AM   #9
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

You know, the first film had the benefit of following numerous comic-to-film failures, from Ghost Rider to the third Spider-Man. Needless to say, expectations that Jon Favreau could deliver anything better then another Daredevil (which he acted in, but did not direct) were quite low. Thanks in no small part to Robert Downey Jr. being, well, Robert Downey Jr., the first film was a huge surprise and a return to decent, fun (emphasis on the word FUN), comic book movies. Fortunately, they released it before The Dark Knight.

That said, the expectations for Iron Man 2 seem awfully high. I have to wonder if they can pull it off again. Already we've seen the film makers succumb to the delusion that snatching up as many of Hollywood's HOT RIGHT NOW list as possible (Mickey Rourke, Scarlett Johansen, Sam Rockwell???) will somehow make your movie good. So yeah, I don't know.

From what I've seen - hey, Robert Downey Jr. is still, well, Robert Downey Jr. so hell yeah, this could be just as good, maybe better!
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:08 PM   #10
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Comic-to-film failures? Sith, I thought Ghost Rider was actually quite good, and as for Spider-Man 3, sure it wasn't as great as we would have liked, but financially it could hardly be called a failure.

As for IM2, I'm glad to have Downey back, but I too am concerned with things like Rourke, Cheadle replacing Howard as Rhoads, etc, but we can hope
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:26 PM   #11
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

I'm just saying, after so many disappointing releases, particularly from the Marvel universe, I think expectations for the first Iron Man film were decidedly low.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 02:21 PM   #12
Iwata
Autarch

I believe Marvel is on a roll. Sure, some of the more recent ones haven't been splenderific, but they're a far cry from bad. They have quite a few properties that are going quite well, and DC, well... they pretty much only have Batman.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:22 AM   #13
pattypatty2010
Apprentice
3 flights since Mar 2010

It's Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. That alone makes this movie worth watching. Also, we don't know the circumstances surrounding the villain's setting. And besides, if we can accept that Tony Stark can build such a suit in a cave with a bunch of scrap, then what Whiplash is doing doesn't seem all that far-fetched.
pattypatty2010 is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies