Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

View Poll Results: Do you like Farscape?
Yes 9 90.00%
No 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 19, 2002, 01:40 AM   #1
darkjedi
Sector Marshall
609 flights since Mar 2002
Farscape

I have just discovered this show on the sci-fi channel and have fallen in love with it. I'm still learning all the character's names and whatnot but have thoroughly enjoyed it.
darkjedi is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2002, 02:55 AM   #2
Charlie
Wing Commander
342 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Farscape

Pleased that you like it. Some people find it too far-out. They certainly develop/pursue some wild ideas. It is totaly fantastic stuff and one of the best series ever. i don't know if there have been thoughts about a film.
Charlie is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2002, 08:59 AM   #3
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

this is a TV series, right? whats it doing in the Sci-Fi Movies Galleria?! It should be in Off-World Disscussion.

Is it good?
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2002, 03:20 PM   #4
Xeno
Sector Marshall
751 flights since Mar 2001

I agree with Nexus. Move please.

Yeah it's good. Although it's very (too) similar to Lexx I found it more... tame. It's a bit weird at times but I suppose those parts were to reflect the weirdness in our own human brains. A slight B class acting is only it's major let down. Graphically it's more than adequate although the same can't be said for the basic story in the first series. Good thing they had a twist and development.

7/10 IMO.

PS. I forgot how he was able to communicate with the others on board. I'm thinking he got a babel fish thingy right? I'm not sure...
Xeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2002, 05:36 PM   #5
darkjedi
Sector Marshall

Alright guys, it's moved. Does anyone know if they have season collections on DVD?
Old May 27, 2002, 07:50 AM   #6
Eowyn
Wing Commander
162 flights since Jan 2001
Smile Re: Farscape

I love this series too, they show it on Scifi channel in the UK all the time. They do have season 1 and 2 on DVD :

Amazon Farscape DVD
Eowyn is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2002, 02:43 PM   #7
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

First time I saw few episodes of this series I thought it sucked. After couple of times of more intence watching... ou maaan this show is great!

To top it all of the channel where I was watching this from stopped showing the serie right when Scorpy got his neurochip clone grid from Crichton with a piece of his brain still sticking on... damn cANAL+ !
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2002, 09:40 PM   #8
darkjedi
Sector Marshall

I went to Best Buy today and saw that they had a DVDs of like 2 episodes a piece on them, I want a series collection. Has anyone seen one anywhere?
Old Jun 15, 2002, 11:20 AM   #9
Xeno
Sector Marshall
751 flights since Mar 2001

Yeah, in my local MCV and WHSmith... in England...

It was about 10 DVDs of the Farscape 1st and 2nd I think. I didn't really look into it though.
Xeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2002, 09:35 AM   #10
darkjedi
Sector Marshall

I saw a Best Buy ad here and I think they're selling a season set now. I will have to stop by and see. Anyway, I am still pretty lost on what season Farscape is currently on right now, anyone know? The last episode I saw was about some probes and I think they killed Scorpius.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 02:35 PM   #11
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

click me
Old Sep 8, 2002, 02:55 PM   #12
darkjedi
Sector Marshall

You know what I'm getting tired of? These stupid networks cancelling decent shows after 1 or 2 seasons. First it was Wolf lake and then the nero Wolfe mysteries and now Farscape, I can't take it anymore. What's the point of watching TV anymore. I blame FRIENDS, down with NY yuppy scum
Old Sep 8, 2002, 03:10 PM   #13
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage

Yeah...I miss Futurama...
Old Sep 11, 2002, 04:49 AM   #14
Bayleaf48
Hero Of Time
1,316 flights since Jun 2001
Red face Re: Farscape

Even though I've only seen a couple of episodes every now & then, I do like it & have watched them thanks 2 my sister being a BIG 'Farscape' fan
Bayleaf48 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2004, 09:05 PM   #15
Gugliemo
Wing Commander
246 flights since Mar 2002

I loved this show, but by the final series I actually started falling asleep through most of the episodes. For me, the grand climax of the show was when they turned into international bank robbers. Then Erren died... and came back... and everybody seemed to die and come back... then it went weird... then it went very very cool when Scorpio was stuck in Chrichton's head... then... dunno, got bored I guess. The last scene of the final episode kinda rocked too.
Gugliemo is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum