Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Jun 29, 2002, 03:16 PM   #1
Tom Lyon
Pilot
28 flights since Jun 2002
Location: Where ever i happen to be at the time is where i am living.
Cool Blade I and II

De'nes ((Meaning "Hello"))
I couldnt help but notice Blade I and II are not listed. I Love both movie and i own the first one. If you might have any questions on either, ill do my best to help ya out. Thanks much
Tom Lyon is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2002, 11:03 PM   #2
Tom Lyon
Pilot
Post Basic info on Blade

BLADE

*Blade originated on the pages of Marvel Comics.

*A new Comic book miniseries for blade is said to begin this December. It is said by Stan Lee, that the reason for reopenign BLADE to the comic world is because he thinks that the movie BLADE and BLADE II might have created a new intrest in Blade.

*It took less than a year to get Blade out and onto the big screen.

*The original plan for Blade when he was to be drianed of his blood so that Frost could become the blood God, was that blade would lay down, horazontal and be straped to a table. However, almost last minute, the plan changed to what you see in the movie.(E-mail me, subject: Draining Blade, for the original sketch for this)

*The reason silver bullets were used instead of wooden stakes is because they had to make sure it was realistic, unlike most sci-fi flicks. How does one shoot a wooden stake into a vampires heart? It would splinter before makeing it there right?(E-mail me, Subject: The gun, for the sketch of the gun used in Blade II)

*The comicbook was used only as a fall back refrance. It is said that Patrick Jancke, consept illistater, looked more to Shaft for Blades clothing. He wanted Blade to be more civillian type than "Batman" type. (E-mail me, Subject: Blade atire, for Sketches of Blade and his cloths.)

((Any questions or comments, or new info you would like to share, please post a reply.))

Quote:
"For one to creat order, they must first have Chaos."
Old Jul 5, 2002, 10:02 PM   #3
darkjedi
Sector Marshall
609 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Blade I and II

Not to be a prick or anything however, Blade 1&2 are not sci-fi and should be moved to the Pilot's Mess forum.

Anyway, I haven't seen the second one yet. I heard it was pretty good though. Have you seen it?
darkjedi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2002, 12:04 PM   #4
Tom Lyon
Pilot
Talking Not a prick

Hey dude, your not a pric, but yes, Blade I and II are classified as Sci-fi...Just not tradsitional. Anyway, yeah i saw blade II It was killer, better than the first. A "Must see!" After you see it, let me know what ya think.
Quote:
Live today to the fullest, for tomorrow is not promised.
Old Jul 6, 2002, 12:14 PM   #5
Xeno
Sector Marshall
751 flights since Mar 2001

Sorry about this Tom but I agree with darkjedi... BI and II aren't really SF material. They do have SF elements but it's more a fantasy action adventure film then anything else... but the UV grenades and genetic engineering...

Anyways, please move this thread to the Pilot's Mess. Cheers and welcome to the site!

About the wooden stake ones... I would have thought it would have been easy for Blade to stab the stake through the hearts of the vampires since he is strong as a vampire. About firing weapons: Crossbows. The could be tipped with silver, however I agree that the Silver bullets were alot better to use.
Xeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2002, 07:22 PM   #6
Tom Lyon
Pilot
Question uh

um... Explain to me how to move it, and i will be happy to...

As for the stakes... yeah he could "stab" them in, but he couldn "Fire" them, thats why bullets are better.
Quote:
Which way would you best like to die... a 3-9, sweet spot, dismemberment, disenbowlment, or decapitation?
Old Jul 7, 2002, 12:02 AM   #7
darkjedi
Sector Marshall
609 flights since Mar 2002

Try the edit button and then look around for another button that says move forum. It should be at the bottom of your page. Also, if you ever have doubts about a movie you think is sci-fi, go to the IMDB.com and look it up to see what the classification is. I had to do this with a couple of my own movie threads.
darkjedi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2002, 11:42 AM   #8
Tom Lyon
Pilot
Unhappy ::agonised face::

Dudes... i tried that, and it said "You are not autherised to do this." I Have no i dea what that means other than they wont let me for some reason. Um... ::doesnt know what to do:: If you figure it out, let me know. I will be truely greatful.
Quote:
Guns do not kill people, I kill people.
Old Jul 7, 2002, 12:03 PM   #9
Xeno
Sector Marshall
751 flights since Mar 2001
Exclamation Re: Blade I and II

Hmm, you scrolled down to the bottom of this thread and clicked on the "Admin Option" and clicked on "Move/Copy Thread"? There's no "Edit" button involved in the Moving option. Aslong as you are the one that started the thread you are allowed to move if...ofcourse, perhaps you can't move because it's on the "# -- E" Forums and only mods and admin can do those threads...

Well try again and see...
Xeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 01:46 AM   #10
Tom Lyon
Pilot
Talking Happy now

Hey, thank, that worked... Im glad someone knew what they were talking about...

If anyone has any insider info on Blade II I would be very greatful to know. Well... for now i guess that is it. Thanks much.

Quote:
"Jack be nimble, jack be quick... jack took off and chopped off your d*ick"
Old Jul 9, 2002, 07:35 AM   #11
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

i thought Blade was better than Blade II. Anyone else?
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 10:53 AM   #12
thegreenknight
Sector Marshall
986 flights since Jan 2002

its ok tom, i tried a while back to get both those films on this site, it's a lost cause
thegreenknight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2002, 05:52 PM   #13
Tom Lyon
Pilot
Post Re: Blade I and II

Maybe i should kick there *sses? ::shrugs:: Well... if no one wants to talk about either one, ill jus research them both and keep posting sh*t till it gets filled up with complainsts of my stupiddity... Sounds like a plan to me...

I Liked Blade II better BECAUSE i think they put more efofort itno it, i think they had more fun with it and i liked the graphics... and the new weapons, and the smart *ss remarks from blade. Example:

"You spent two years training to kill me... :pens his arms:: and here i am. ::Shivers:: OoOoOo exciteing."

and

::Moves his hand around with a blade in it, smacks the guy in the face:: What? To fast? Here let me do it again. :oes it again and smacks him with the other hand.:: Still to fast?"

Funny sh*t... anyway... share with me your favorit scenes of either movie. And any questiosn you might have.

Quote:
"Yippi ki ya mothaf*cka" ~ Bruce Willis in "Die Hard"~
Old Jul 9, 2002, 05:58 PM   #14
thegreenknight
Sector Marshall
986 flights since Jan 2002

i like 1 better. it had a much better story. blade 2 seemed like the makers jumped ahead of a skeetchy story just to get to the fun part (and i always thought the story was the fun part)
thegreenknight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2002, 01:38 PM   #15
Tom Lyon
Pilot
good point

Thats a good point. They did seem to rush and not fully well explain how things worked.Perhaps i will find someone who worked on Blade two and ask them. Ill let you all know what i find.

Quote:
"It starts when you sink into his arms... It ends with your arms in the sink."

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]