Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ]

From "Scanners" to "X-Men: The Movie"...

Old Dec 18, 2002, 01:23 PM   #1
Xorgan
Starfighter
108 flights since Nov 2002
Sleeper

Am I the only one here old enough to remember this great 1973 film by Woody Allen??

Plot Summary from: www.woodyallen.com

In the year 1973 Miles Monroe, played by Allen, died on the operating table during a routine minor sugery for a peptic ulcer. He is frozen until he can be treated. Two centuries later he is defrozen by a revolutionary movement in order to assist them in their attempts to overthrow an oppressive government.

When the group is captured, Monroe flees on his own, disguised as a domestic robot. He kidnaps, then befriends, the rich but dim Luna Schlosser, but they’re seperated when the police captures them. Miles is brainwashed and re-educated as a functioning member of the new society. Luna escapes, finds the rebels and becomes the mistress of their husky leader, Erno. Luna leads them in an attack on the hospital and restores Miles to sanity.

He then helps Luna to steal the Dictator’s nose, who was to be cloned back to power. But the nose was the only thing left from him after an assassination attempt. Luna and Miles hold the nose to ransom until they manage to destroy it.
Xorgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2002, 01:37 AM   #2
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000
Re: Sleeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Xorgan
Am I the only one here old enough to remember this great 1973 film by Woody Allen??

Plot Summary from: www.woodyallen.com

In the year 1973 Miles Monroe, played by Allen, died on the operating table during a routine minor sugery for a peptic ulcer. He is frozen until he can be treated. Two centuries later he is defrozen by a revolutionary movement in order to assist them in their attempts to overthrow an oppressive government.

When the group is captured, Monroe flees on his own, disguised as a domestic robot. He kidnaps, then befriends, the rich but dim Luna Schlosser, but they’re seperated when the police captures them. Miles is brainwashed and re-educated as a functioning member of the new society. Luna escapes, finds the rebels and becomes the mistress of their husky leader, Erno. Luna leads them in an attack on the hospital and restores Miles to sanity.

He then helps Luna to steal the Dictator’s nose, who was to be cloned back to power. But the nose was the only thing left from him after an assassination attempt. Luna and Miles hold the nose to ransom until they manage to destroy it.

I remember seeing it a long time ago on TV. I remember only bits and pieces. I guess I would have to see it again but it is a movie that is realy hard to find these days.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2003, 04:28 AM   #3
Xorgan
Starfighter
108 flights since Nov 2002
Re: Re: Sleeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivanhoe
I remember seeing it a long time ago on TV. I remember only bits and pieces. I guess I would have to see it again but it is a movie that is realy hard to find these days.

Zdravo!
Try this (do they deliver to Jugoslavija?):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...864372-0993433

Xorgan
Xorgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 04:14 PM   #4
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Not bad movie, but he's done better, IMO. I think I like Love & Death best.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 04:40 PM   #5
toomuchcoffee
Sector Marshall
848 flights since Feb 2005

I really like Crimes and Misdemeanors and Bananas. And Manhattan.
toomuchcoffee is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 06:02 PM   #6
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

I have Sleeper on DVD. I really liked the silent movie feel.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ]