Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Universal Soldier (1992, 1998, 1999) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Universal Soldier (1992, 1998, 1999) [movie series]

Almost human... Almost perfect... Almost under control.

Old May 20, 2006, 07:54 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Very Absurd under scrutiny

I ashamedly admit that I've probably seen every single Universal Soldier movie out there. And it makes me mad. There is nothing even remotely rational about using dead people to fight your battles, let alone the political and legal firestorm such an act would bring about (in that order).

No 1 - I hardly doubt that the government could have the ability to "raise" the dead/create a frankenstein and keep it secret from the public. Now the public starts raising the dead, and suddenly, we've got a Day of Dead/Resident Evil thing going on.

No 2 - Even if they could "raise" the dead and keep the ability under lock and key WITH the public's knowledge, what about the legal ramifications?? Who owns the body once its dead? Who has the right to its "life after death?"

I envision lawsuits galore!
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 06:46 AM   #2
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Very Absurd under scrutiny

Hmm ... once you die, do you lose your basic human rights? If so, do you have to have actually been dead, buried, dug up and then "raised" for this annullment to take effect? Otherwise, people dying in ambulances and then brought back would be in a lot of trouble

What about the ethical/moral/religious firestorm(s)? Do you reckon that would fall under "political"? I wonder if a legally recognised corporation raises a corpse it becomes their property as a soulless commodity?

Not seen the first of these films in ages (and in fact halfway through typing the post forgot what forum I was in and thought I was posting in Manchurian Candidate Having not seen either of those, I wouldn't know the difference )
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Universal Soldier (1992, 1998, 1999) [movie series]