Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Reading Room

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Reading Room

Your quiet and comfy lounge to pick up a great book and discuss sci-fi literature.

Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:42 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Your Wish-List Library

Now, Im finally settled so I can start a proper library. Oh yes. I love a lot of authors, I do, but rather than buying droves of books, I've rented so many from libraries over the days, that when I actually look at my bookshelf, it is sorely woebegone. Missing a title here or there in a series, because, oh yeah, THAT was the one I rented out. (currently having that problem as someone is borrowing my Rachel Caine series and is pissed.)

So if you had the space, the shelves, the sunlight, the ambience, the java, the lounge chair(s), the background music, and the free time - what books/series would you add to your homemade library?

I"ll probably start here:

Entire Dune 'verse: Frank/Brian Herbert
Dune
Dune Messiah
Children of Dune
God Emperor of Dune
Heretics of Dune
Chapterhouse Dune (have)
Dune Prequels
Hunters of Dune
Battle of Corrin
Machine Crusade
Butlerian Jihad
House Atriedes
House Harkonnen
House Corrino

Entire Amber 'verse: Roger Zelazny
Nine Princes in Amber
The Guns of Avalon
The Sign of the Unicorn
The Hand of Oberon
The Courts of Chaos
Trumps of Doom
Blood of Amber
Sign of Chaos
Knight of Shadows
Prince of Chaos
(Course, I could just get the Omnibus Edition The Great Book of Amber)

Entire Elizabeth Moon 'verses
fantasy:
Deed of Paksenarrion (Sheepfarmer's Daughter, Divided Allegiance, Oath of Gold)
Legacy of Gird (Surrender None, Liar's Oath)
Sci Fi
Planet Pirates w/Anne McCaffrey (Sassinak, Generation Warriors, Death of Sleep)
Serrano Legacy (Hunting Party, Winning Colors, Once a Hero, Against the Odds)
Vatta's War (Trading in Danger, Engaging the Enemy)

Kristine Kathryn Rusch
(This chick is either brilliant, or has a ghost writer.)
The Retrieval Artist Books (The Disappeared, Extremes, Consequences, Buried Deep, Paloma)
I might even be willing to check out The Fey books. hmm. sounds like an idea.

Steven King - starting point:
The Shining
The Stand
The Dead Zone
It
Delores Claiborne
Misery
Desperation (great book!)
Storm of the Century
Dreamcatcher

Last edited by mack : Aug 29, 2006 at 01:01 PM.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 08:43 AM   #2
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: Your Wish-List Library

I would like to have all the Wizards of the West Coast books, Forgotten Realms, etc. I have some of R.J. Salvatore's stuff but that's it.

Would also love to have a complete Ursula K. Leguin collection as well as Terry Brooks, I have a few here and there.

I guess my primary wish list would be a huge collection of classic sci-fi, preferably hard bound - all of Bradbury and Heinlein for sure, Kurt Vonegut, Jules Vern, Olaf Stapledon, E.E. Smith, Frederk Pohl, Arthur C, Clark, Piers Anthony, Robert Silverberg - the essential cornerstones of goldan age science fiction.

Last edited by HighWiredSith : Oct 10, 2006 at 09:27 AM.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Reading Room