Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 2001-2010 [movie series] > 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)

We are not alone. | guide

Old Jan 15, 2000, 12:26 AM   #1
Donny
n/a flights since
Thumbs up Re: Great great great flick

The imagery is immersive and for a sci-fi film is somewhat believable. One of my favorite movies.
Old Feb 29, 2000, 10:11 AM   #2
KCB
n/a flights since
A Great Flick and Book!

This was both a great movie and a book. I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but I remember it being one of the best that I have seen in a long time.
Old Apr 17, 2000, 10:41 PM   #3
Doc Emitt Brown
n/a flights since
One of my favorite movies!

I never saw 2010 before. But when we got it and I watched it for the first time I relized that this is a great movie. It has great special effects for being made in 1984, maybe even better effects then some sci fi movies today. This movie has one of the greatest endings and it is my favorite movie besides the Star Wars Trilogy and Episode I.
Old Apr 18, 2000, 09:06 PM   #4
William Blakeslee
n/a flights since
Nice sequel

I saw the movie in its entirety before I saw 2001 in its entirety. Being a Roy Scheider fan (Jaws, Jaws 2), he looked to be a more livelier Dr. Floyd than his predecessor.

I must have seen this movie 2 dozen times, and I still enjoy it. Seeing the dolphins, Jupiter saying bye-bye, the monolith doing more weirder things, etc. This movie would keep on the edge of his seat.
Old Jul 6, 2000, 08:27 PM   #5
Esteban Erik Stipnieks
n/a flights since
A key movie for any Ground 0 Movement film festival

I saw 2010 as third grader at the Brauntex Theatre in downtown New Braunfels. Like its kinsmen WarGames it had a message about nuclear anhiliation but in the end transcended in depth what WarGames was. The movie contained humility.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 2001-2010 [movie series] > 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)