Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Soylent Green (1973)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Soylent Green (1973)

People will do anything to get what they need. And they need SOYLENT GREEN. | guide

Old Nov 6, 2002, 09:38 PM   #1
Terminator4life
Starfighter
106 flights since Nov 2002
Question whats this movie about

will
Terminator4life is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2002, 02:31 PM   #2
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: whats this movie about

Quote:
Originally posted by Terminator4life
will

Will? Your spelling is the worst i have ever seen...
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 05:18 AM   #3
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002

Solyent Green - classic sf fare.

Future - the world has suffered from greenhouse gasses and such like and is sooooo very hot.
Population can no longer be fed and so rationing exists and food is given out, if memory serves me right, in the form of different types of processed foods, the latest and most popular of which is called Solyent Green.
Normal food (e.g. coffee) is a luxury. [This is where the plot fails - 'cos everyone knows that the economic world would collapse if the workers couldn't drink coffee ]
Heston plays a cop who is looking for a murderer.
It leads him along the way to the discovery that "We are what we eat" - literally.
A bleak, horrific image of the future but a good and deservedly classic film.

Does that help?
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2003, 07:33 AM   #4
Omega2064
Wing Commander
279 flights since Jun 2003

The fact that it builds slowly adds to the whole creepy feel. You get hints and clues as it progresses up to those chilling final lines...

And did anyone else feel disturbed at the sight of the trucks scooping up the rioters in the news broadcast?

Omega2064
Omega2064 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 08:51 AM   #5
Nathan1902
Recruit Pilot
6 flights since Jul 2003

The "SCOOPS" were great. I remember after showing this to my 2 boys , they would use their old Tonka trucks to scoop up toy people.! I also had a neighbor who also liked the movie, early in the morning when is was still dark and we were leaving for work, we would see the garbage trucks coming. We would joke that the "scoops" were busy again.!
Nathan1902 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:43 PM   #6
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Thumbs up Re: whats this movie about

A dystopian future where corruption rules
narrative indicateds this is our future before an inevitable global catastrophy,
Society is breaking down ,the cops are all bent ,the public are too, the corperate bossess are responsible and corrupt too.
moral ,WE will destry ourselves and our planet

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Soylent Green (1973)