Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]

From "12 Monkeys" to "Explorers"...

Old May 5, 2005, 07:15 AM   #1
mrsteely
Recruit Pilot
10 flights since Mar 2005
Battle Royale

Could this be considered a sci fi film?
mrsteely is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 08:45 AM   #2
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: Battle Royale

It takes place in the future. It features technology not yet invented.

But despite that, I'd say it merely takes place in a vaguely SF setting, rather than considering an SF movie onto itself.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:37 AM   #3
DarthJohn
Wing Commander
274 flights since Dec 2005

Yes it is a Sci-fi action movie and one of the best of the new millenium.
DarthJohn is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 04:23 PM   #4
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

I'd personally have to say it wasn't a sci-fi movie. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great film, but if anything I'd have to say it's far more geared towards survival horror.

Actually scratch that, it's just Japanese, that's probably enough definition.
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:56 PM   #5
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

If it is survival horror, then it is speculative survival horror. Survival horror and the speculative genres are not mutually exclusive. SF can feature many sorts of settings, plot devices and narrative styles.

As for my personal opinion on the movie itself- it was over the top and cheesy as all ****, but in a fun sort of way. Very watchable.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ]