Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Cube (1997, 2002) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Cube (1997, 2002) [movie series]

Don't look for a reason... look for a way out.

Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:02 PM   #1
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002
Thumbs up Cube 2 Hypercube Was Great`

But they still have some explaining to do.

Ok---they answered a few questions from the first Cube, but created a gazillion more! When is C3 coming out. . . ?
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2004, 04:48 PM   #2
Gattaca69
Starfighter
53 flights since Jan 2004
Re: Cube 2 Hypercube Was Great`

...C3? I just saw and heard about Hypercube a couple of months ago. It did bring up some really interesting ideas such as: is there a 4 dimention? are there parralel universes? ect...
I really hope that there's a C3 in development
Gattaca69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2004, 02:16 AM   #3
mack
misanthrope

Exactly----because I am wondering how she figured out to jump thru that hole----

ok--maybe I dont have all my dimensions correct (maybe i should watch it again) but I was like

WHAT? They do not explain . .although, I think they are trying to get a little closer to the truth---I hope they have a buget for a C# cuz they have some 'splaining to do.
Old May 3, 2004, 10:29 AM   #4
merlin
Sector Marshall
685 flights since Apr 2004

Sorry i thought hypercube was crap the first was great and alot more gory but other dimensions????? na they blew it...
merlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2004, 07:40 AM   #5
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

I liked Hypercube but it still looked like a poor sequel in terms of quality etc, but it made me want to watch the original unfortuantly as I'd seen the sequel first the only thing that was good about the first (the idea) was kind of lost.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 02:34 AM   #6
CheatingBastard
Wing Commander
423 flights since Aug 2004
Hypercube

Sorry folks, I loved Cube but thought that Cube2 was a load of crap. When I returned the movie to Blockbuster I actually asked for my money back. Its the only time I have done that too. I agree with a previous post....they ruined what could have been a good sequel.
CheatingBastard is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2004, 01:04 PM   #7
mack
misanthrope

Seriously, why? I know in the first one, I was under the impression it was all a great big government conspiracy, or idea that somehow got lost in the system.

The second was different only in the idea that some "hacker" had something to do with it, and the government seemed to take a secondary role to the mystical "dimension" idea. I think they tried to improve on their idea and it got weird... but in an interesting way.

I really hope they make a Cube 3.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 01:50 PM   #8
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

I think that Hypercube was a big ďevolutionaryĒ step from the original. I was afraid that it will be just a recycled story from the first but I was wrong because Hypercube expanded the ideas beyond known physics.

I didnít care for the low budget look, the important thing is that the ideas are fresh. Somehow I feel that if there was a Cube3 it will fail to make such a huge step like Hypercube did when compared to the Original Cube.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2004, 04:07 PM   #9
mack
misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivanhoe
Somehow I feel that if there was a Cube3 it will fail to make such a huge step like Hypercube did when compared to the Original Cube.

I understand what you mean. (*having visions of the Matrix Reloaded*)

But how could they make Cube3 better? Id go so far as to say that perhaps in Cube3 they should focus less on making a technological and dimensional leap and more on explaining the unanswered questions, as there are so many loose strings.

As a viewer, I think I could stomach a Cube with similar dimensional elements and technology (read: no advancements), and a lot more group focus and discovery.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 12:40 PM   #10
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002

Okay - original "Cube" - moves in 3-dimensions;
"Hypercube" - moves in more than 3-dimentions.

How can you go further?
"Cube3" would still need to be in "more than 3 dimensions" - so wouldn't be an expansion on the physical side of the story, and given the (lack of) success (critical or otherwise) of Hypercube compared to the original, the acting and story would all most likely be below par - and a looooong way.

No, let them stick to just the 2 films.
And for me the first was by far the best.
The second was basically the same but with an "oh, okay, there's the difference" tacked on.
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2004, 06:36 PM   #11
mack
misanthrope

I didnt mind the second film, but the first was definitely the groundbreaker with the novel idea. The second was icing on the cake, more of the same if you will. My only problem with Hypercube is that while it answered a few questions about itself, it (a) didnt answer any additional questions about Cube, and (b) created more questions.

I suppose I see it as this gigantic mystery to be figured out, and perhaps that is my problem: my approach to the movie.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 10:56 AM   #12
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002

Not your problem at all - the films were meant to provoke thoughts and raise unanswered questions, tempting you to watch any sequel that might come out with the promise of finding answers.
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 03:43 AM   #13
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Jove
Not your problem at all - the films were meant to provoke thoughts and raise unanswered questions, tempting you to watch any sequel that might come out with the promise of finding answers.

What a cheap money-grabing trick. Still I like these movies the most.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:01 AM   #14
B10HAZARD69
Recruit Pilot
14 flights since Dec 2004

All I can say is that this movie is very confusing but left me thinking all scientist/physisist((spelling?)) like
B10HAZARD69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:11 AM   #15
inca
Starfighter
57 flights since Jun 2006

Picasso art is called CUBISM because is related to Hypercubes (Cube II) called "Tesseract". Please read physicist Michio Kaku book "Hyperspace" to understand better. Dali surrealistic art was also inspired of this hyperdimensional cubes as we see in this painting called Christus Hypercubus:
http://fotolog.terra.com.br/inca:107
In the film "Hellraiser" Clive Barker, master of terror, set the demons called "cenobites" (the term is borrowed from some monks in the past) and they are trapped in hyperdimensional cubes like Aladin's lamp:
http://fotolog.terra.com.br/inca:47
http://fotolog.terra.com.br/inca:48

inca is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > Cube (1997, 2002) [movie series]