Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old May 27, 2007, 03:39 PM   #16
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Doctor Who Series Three

Cheers for that Does sound pretty cool, I'll have to see if someone posts it on YouTube
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2007, 04:34 PM   #17
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

it's based off a doctor book called human nature http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_N...r_Who_novel%29 although it has been changed slightly, the whole premise of the episode seemed a bit hulk-ish to me, as in
Doctor becomes human, lives a happy productive life for awhile something bad happens, has to become a time lord again, and save the universe, and leaves behind his chance at happiness

(as opposed to Banner curing himself of the hulk having a wonderful time, then something bad happening and he has to become the hulk again)
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2007, 11:13 PM   #18
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006

I have read the book loved it. Watched the 2-parter possibly the best of the new series. Loved the scene where we get to see the path not taken and The Doctor's darkside. Gives a new meaning to "Dont get me angry, you wont like me when i'm angry"
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2007, 04:55 PM   #19
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

I've finally caught a repeat of Part 2 of "Human Nature" after missing it last week. I loved the first episode...but this was very, very disappointing. It was like "The Christmas Invasion" all over again - it's just a load of mindless action and running around until the Doctor finally re-appears and solves the problem in literally under two minutes. It was cool getting a (very short) glimpse of the Doctor's dark and merciless side, but God, did they have to waste so much time with the over-the-top alien invasion-y stuff? If they do any more episodes like this, the Doctor's going to suffer from Superman Syndrome.

Last edited by Nexus : Jun 8, 2007 at 05:00 PM.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2007, 05:49 PM   #20
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

I've still not been able to watch either of them. Luckily I'll be at home tomorrow night and I'll force myself to remember this time...
Old Jun 9, 2007, 03:56 PM   #21
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

Blink - a nice solid little episode, and an interesting set of bad guys to boot - Quantum-challenged creatures that are harmless garden statues if seen but deadly if not is a pretty neat idea , and it kindof harkens back to golden age Doctor Who when monsters cost a few quid to make
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:58 AM   #22
davecallaway200
Wing Commander

I liked Blink, very creative. Fairly original idea about the aliens, kinda had me not wanting to blink either.

Will be sleeping with light on and eye-lids taped open from now on
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:11 AM   #23
Darth Bob
The Eld

Blink turned out to be better than expected, mainly because it was compared to love and monsters (another Doctor-light episode), which was very crap.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:04 AM   #24
davecallaway200
Wing Commander

I would hope that it gets turned into book someday maybe.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 03:09 AM   #25
davecallaway200
Wing Commander

Just watched Utopia Return of The Master
Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:50 PM   #26
Darth Bob
The Eld

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecallaway200
Just watched Utopia Return of The Master

Some people would put that in a spoiler box.

as for his return, it prooves one thing, the Doctor who team are crap at keeping secrets, everyone who cared knew it would be jacobi's character that regenerated into john simm, who would be the master.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:57 PM   #27
davecallaway200
Wing Commander

I didnt say how he returned just that he came back. sheesh!!!

Goes back to back to his hermit cave.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 06:29 AM   #28
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

I agree, it should have been in a spoiler box - and so should Darth Bob's post (though I agree with it's sentiment). I only watched it yesterday evening, so I'm glad I didn't read this thread first.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 02:13 PM   #29
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Missed it, but "Blink" was good. The little montage thing at the end was stupid though.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 02:44 PM   #30
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

The 'oh noes they're quite clearlu everywhere!' bit? Yeah, I agree

There was a bit of the latest episode that I didn't quite get 100%, seeing as it obviously refers back to the 2-parter that I missed - something about a watch. And I can't find Human Nature/ Family of Whatever on YouTube other than in tiny, tiny clips

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum