Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Apr 29, 2008, 01:21 PM   #76
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002
Re: Doctor Who Series Three

Indeed, it was. rather slyly inserted into the doctors premature jumping the gun reaction to donna's going home,

as for the episode itself, pretty good, but it felt incomplete? which obviously as a two parter it was, but then again the last three episodes of the last season was a three parter , and all stood well enough as solo episodes, this was mainly setup, a good setup, but it needs to do much more to make it a great two-parter.

There has been a slow steady increase in the quality of the stories since episode 1, but will the rest of the season continue in such a way?

Also of worrying future proximity, is the episode The Doctors daughter, which features obviously, the doctors daughter played by the doctors daughter (Peter Davidsons daughter Georgia Moffett) and Russle T has said "does exactly what it says on the tin",
Misleading title? possible, but unlikly,

Digital Spy Spoilers for Poison Sky (two are fake)

Donna's mother Sylvia wields an axe. (possibly to smash the car window?)

A jellyfish-like Rutan army makes an appearance via a Sontaran flashback.

The Sontarans steal the Tardis. (who hasn't tried that?)

UNIT prepare to launch a nuclear strike. (The preview trailer seems to confirm this)

Donna kills a Sontaran via the probic vent and booms out "back of the neck!" (Hmm, Donna's shown a hatred for killing or loss of life, as well as being loud mouthed and obnoxious, so could swing either way)

The Valiant is put to good use by Colonel Mace.

The current whereabouts (and official title) of Alastair Lethbridge-Stewart are revealed.

Donna punches the real Martha in the face - believing her to be the clone.

Luke has devised a mating programme for his genius recruits.

The Doctor puts on a gas mask to combat the poisonous sky and squeals "are you my mummy?" (this would be Hillarious if true)

Last edited by Darth Bob : Apr 29, 2008 at 01:31 PM.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 02:12 PM   #77
Darth Bob
The Eld

Brief Rose image on the screen, which leads me to suspect it may be her that's affecting the Tardis ,left over/returning power of the Bad wolf? could she infact be turning into a Tardis herself?

with the running theme of change transformation, anything is possible, whatevers happening it's clear it involves the other dimesion, could we be seeing a DC comics esque universe collide? Restoring the time lords and galifray? effectively ending the doctors journey, as he can and now has a home to return to?

and he said it, he damn well said it, didn't think that'd actually use it,
Are you my mummy?

the ending was pretty predictable
Ruttigan(?) sacrificing himself to undo his mistake is pretty much staple for any betrayed character who has done something evil

Last edited by Darth Bob : May 3, 2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old May 16, 2008, 02:38 PM   #78
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006

The Doctor's Daughter was a very interesting and thats all im gonna say.

Georgia Moffett is rather yummy

Last edited by davecallaway200 : May 16, 2008 at 02:50 PM.
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 04:44 AM   #79
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Oh yes, yes she is

The Unicorn and the Wasp was great fun, apart from the alien being essentially no more than a giant wasp. Wasps are not especially alienese. No, not even giant ones.

And rejoice, oh haters of RTD, for his time is at an end! After this season ... and the Christmas Special ... and the 2 or 3 one-off specials after that designed to give the lovely Tennant some time off to do theAtre, dahling ... the reigns will be held ... by none other ... than ... STEPHAN MOFFAT!

What do you mean 'Who?!' <------- Hee hee hee ... Who ... geddit? No? Please yourselves.

Moffat wrote Blink. And the gasmask child episodes. And the one with the clockwork robots and revolutionary France. And the spoof one with Rowan Atkinson, The Curse of Fatal Death. And, on an unrelated note, the excellent James-Nesbitt-starring Jekyll. Oh, and he's doing the script for the TinTin movie, too.

So, yes. Good news!
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 01:01 PM   #80
Darth Bob
The Eld

Check out the mid-season trailer
Davros is coming.

Moffat has again provided a compelling episode with Silence in the library playing on our fears of the dark, and introduced a character which knows (or will know) the doctor in the future, River song.

Im always of the opinion in these sorts of time travel situations, is the first time that the protagonist meets them, is the last time the opposite meets them ( in others words, this is the first time the doctor has met River, so I think she will die, this being her last time)

but with moffat, Prepare to be decieved!

2 hours and counting!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 02:41 PM   #81
Darth Bob
The Eld

CLOISTER BELL! RUN !

The bad wolf is coming back!

Run!

Nah, but after a somber what if story where Donna never met the doctor ,not a bad episode, but not brilliant either,entertaining enough, though at heart it's more like an attempted justification for catherine tate than anything else, with Piper in her first speaking role in series 4.

and now we stand at the begining of the last two episodes. the trailer shows a new war against the Daleks,

next episode : The stolen earth
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:06 PM   #82
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Is Rose Tyler really gone? Just got to the end of season two... I love Billi Piper - someone told me she's a new show and she's naked a lot. Not sure how I feel about that.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:28 AM   #83
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Was reading about the season three finale. What's the word on David Tennant? Are they still saying this will be his last turn as The Doctor? I've grown quite fond of him and will hate to see him go.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 03:52 AM   #84
Darth Bob
The Eld

Tennant is in series 4, the series 4 finalie's first half is a bit wierd

Because the tenth doctor is regenerating, except tennant is still contracted for the christmas special and the 3 specials next year, and there are scenes filmed that have yet to be shown in part 1, including a scene on a beach with two Tennant doctors (apparently) Blue suit and brown suit...
My thoughts is that the Hand regenerates too
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:22 PM   #85
davecallaway200
Wing Commander
206 flights since Jun 2006

The Stolen Earth is fantastic

Cant wait till this saturday

Davros is back and he's pissed

RIP Harriet Jones, Former Prime Minister, Defender of the Earth

Doctor starts to regenerate, will he retain current body?

Hyperventilates, passes out
davecallaway200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 02:51 PM   #86
Darth Bob
The Eld

I can't belive how underwhelming the finally was, it was good, and Rose got what she wanted, but overall it felt like too many loose ends trying to be tied up in such a short space of time

The everlasting death prophecy is true to a certain extent, but reeks of Rose's death in season 2, i.e didn't actually happen, and leads me to suspect Rtd has trouble killing off companions properly, and god knows we all wanted donna to go the way of Adric, or maybe that was just me.

Coming soon
A very Cyberman christmas
It's a wonderful upgrade
National Lampoons Cyber Christmas

I Could go on.

Still, say goodbye to russle who
and say hello to moffet Who!

lets hope he can kill off companions without wussing out, after all, he killed off river song, at least after he's introduced her again for the first time time travel isn't half as confusing as I make it sound

Last edited by Darth Bob : Jul 5, 2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:46 PM   #87
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

I'm only up to the end of Season Three - and for the first time I'm starting to get a little "over" this new Doctor Who.

For one thing - does it not seem like an awful lot of episodes take place in contemporary London? There also seems to be way too many historical episodes, like Oooh it's Charles Dickens, and Oooh it's Queen Victoria, and Oooh, it's the Globe Theater. The original series was first and foremost an outer space drama - dealing for years almost exclusively with alien races in alien worlds. It made coming back to earth more of an event, certainly when the Doctor ventured into contemporary times. As a result, the truly alien episodes really stand out and my favorites.

I'm dying to know how season 4 ended - did the Doctor regenerate or not - is Robert Carlyle in and Tennant out or were rumors of the BBC trying to offer him an unreal amount of cash to stay on through 2011 true?

No other spoilers, just yea (Tennant out) or nay (he stays).
Old Jul 10, 2008, 04:35 AM   #88
Darth Bob
The Eld

Nay (he stays, we already knew though, he was seen filming this years Xmas episode before hand)

Coming soon
Rudolph the red nosed cyber leader
A very Cyberman christmas
It's a wonderful upgrade
National Lampoons Cyber Christmas
Old Nov 2, 2008, 03:23 AM   #89
Darth Bob
The Eld

This post be containing bad news, ye be warned

David Tennant is leaving, after the four specials, so either death in the final of the four or first episode of the new series.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:11 AM   #90
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Yes, I heard he is leaving - a real shame, one of the top three Docs for sure (although, I've been watching the old series on Netflix and have become quite fond of John Pertwee and the much overlooked Sylvester McCoy). Now, the question is, where shal they go from here? I suspect the pressures for multiculturalism will drive their choice, so we can probably exepect our first non-white guy doctor, which is cool, as long as they make the right choice.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum