Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Off-World Discussion Forum

Forum for science fiction related material not listed in Movies Galleria or Upcoming Movies ONLY. If you want to chit-chat, please visit the Pilot's Mess.

Old Jan 6, 2009, 05:41 PM   #91
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Re: Doctor Who Series Three

So no one is chatting about the new Doctor - Matt Smith. I really liked David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston so maybe this guy will be good too.

One question:
What's with the hair?
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:07 AM   #92
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

I kind of like him, he looks the part of The Doctor , strange as it can sound, he's the first of the new series Doctor's that I've gone "yes I can totally picture him as The Doctor" before seeing an episode.

Theres a lot of complaints about his age going round the Uk, but I think the new team have made a good choice here, but the real question is, How are they going to solve the pesky 12 regenerations problem. (two to go) It's coming far too rapidly.

Are we going to see the return of the Timelords? and perhaps the Valeyard?
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:21 AM   #93
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

I guess being old school (Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee are still my favorite docs), I can understand the problem with him being too young. I was also disappointed they stuck with white guys - a black doctor or even a female doctor would have been interesting. And if you include Paul McGann (I understand his one episode is canon), then there is only one regeneration left.

I would hope that at some point the Time Lords would return. And enough with the Cybermen already.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:33 PM   #94
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

No, even if you count McGann the doctor's only regenerated 10 times, Time lords have 13 incarnations in all with the 12th regeneration being the final and potentially fatal one, just to spell it out, because it's easy to be blitzed by the numbers.

William Hartnell (First life, one heart, 0/12 regenerations)
Patrick Troughton (Second Life, gains the second heart, 1/12 regenerations)
Jon Pertwee (Third 2/12 regenerations)

and so on, so potentially 13 Doctors, we're on number 11 now, so 2 more chances then Moffet has to write the show out of the hole RTD created.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Off-World Discussion Forum