Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Jun 16, 2003, 02:51 PM   #1
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001
King Conan

Guys this is something we must stop Arnold from doing! He'll ruin his career by making a sequel to these 2 awful movies! King Conan must not be made! The first 2 were the worst movies Arnolds made along side Red Sonja, Commando, Twins, Jingle All the Way, Batman and Robin and Raw Deal.

This must not happen! We musn't let Arnold make a sequel to his worst movies! This cannot happen!

So do you guys want a King Conan (Conan 3) cuz I sure as hell don't want this! In fact if he makes King Conan not only will I not see it, I may lose all respect I have for Arnold.
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 03:00 PM   #2
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002
Re: King Conan

I loved the "Conan the Barbarian", but the sequel was pretty bad. The final shot, of Conan on his throne is great. I'd like to see where they would go with this. Especially if John Millius will direct it and the Wachowski brothers are writing it. If "Batman & Robin" and "The 6th Day" didn't kill his career, this movie won't.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 03:03 PM   #3
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

I want to see this more than I want to see T3.

<<dodges projectiles from Phlub>>
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 03:34 PM   #4
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Actually, I share Splendi's opinion. I always did like the Conan movies, especially the first one. A 3rd would be most welcome.

There's more room to maneuver in a movie about the world's most famous barbarian than in a movie where the plot-line is basically a robot from the future coming into the past to kill a person... for the 3rd time...
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 10:32 PM   #5
Phlub
The Head Hunter
2,285 flights since Mar 2001

Okay I will admit I give Barbarian a 6.5/10

But the plot for King Conan is....

Conan is bored being King, so he decides to find his son. They team up and go fight other people.

That is the essential outline of the plot. And its awful if you ask me.

The 6th Day was a GREAT MOVIE. End of Days and Colateral Damage were also good movies. But 6th Day was his best of his last 3. Batman and Robin sucked big. So did Jingle all the Way.

And Iwata I won't go into detail, but T3 is more then just your run of the mill Terminator, this is the Rise of the Machines. The war starts in this movie. Judgment Day occurs. I'm betting this is better then T2 (T3 being better then T2)

*throws more projectiles at Splendi, <some Predator Stationary I made in school, some rocks, empty beer bottles>*

King Conan will destroy Arnolds career 4 times more then Batman and Robin/Jingle All the way could.
Phlub is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 11:46 PM   #6
floyd
Libertarian
1,141 flights since Feb 2002

Look... why can't original movies be made anymore?
Nowdays, when a movie is released that isn't the sequal to anything, it's not just a movie... it's "the begining of a franchise" --- apparently people have lost all interest in seeing anything but charecters, who's catch phrases they already love.
floyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2003, 03:30 AM   #7
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

Isn't Arnold ruined his career already? Maybe he would succeed better in politics... T3 should stay his last movie, like a big and nice farewell show.

King Conan - OMG...
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2003, 04:01 AM   #8
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Oogaphlub
The first 2 were the worst movies Arnolds made along side Red Sonja, Commando, Twins, Jingle All the Way, Batman and Robin and Raw Deal.

hey i quite liked twins, it was good, unlike that other movie with arnie and devito, which was boring,

i still recon if king conan is done right, then it may give a decent conclusion to the conan series,
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2003, 06:51 AM   #9
Jove
Sector Marshall
743 flights since Nov 2002

Hehe, I'm entering the projectile dodging contest
Quote:
Originally posted by Oogaphlub
But the plot for King Conan is....

Conan is bored being King, so he decides to find his son. They team up and go fight other people.

That is the essential outline of the plot. And its awful if you ask me.
And this plot differs to his other action films.... how?

Collateral damage... Arnold goes and kills people to save his family
Commando... Arnold goes and kills people to save his daughter
6th day... Arnold goes and kills people to save the his family
Total Recall... Arnold goes and kills people to save some people
Eraser... Arnold goes and kills people to save some people
T2... Arnold goes and kills people to save some people
True Lies... Arnold goes and kills people to save his family
T3... Arnold goes and kills machines to save some people (hmmm, a subtle difference to his usual fare).
Predator... Arnold goes and kills an alien to save some people (oh, another subtle difference).

Conan the Barbarian is a classic fantasy film, moody and faintly disturbing. The second one was pants. The third will probably also be pants, if they make it. He should retire. He should've retired long ago.

"Conan the Flabby Sexagenarian"
Jove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2003, 09:01 AM   #10
Iwata
Autarch

htat's what makes it good, Phlub. In the comics, King Conan was almost an old man. So is Arnold. He's the perfect age to play King Conan.

Oh, and it's simply IMPOSSIBLE for "Arnie" to go any deeper than "Batman & Robin".
Old Jun 17, 2003, 02:21 PM   #11
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

I quite liked Jingle All The Way ... well, I say I liked it. I'd rather be strapped to a chair and have spark-firing elctrodes held to my testicles while piped muzak versions of S Club 7's greatest hits plays in my ears over and over than watch it again ... but it was Ok

And it sounds like it at least has a better plot than Dungeons and Dragons did. Who's doing the directing? And the script? And the rest of the cast? This movie DOES have a chance of being decent ... it's just a small one.

And I agree with what floyd said - the idea of the franchise should be stamped out. Most movies simply don't need sequels. Some movies do fine with sequels, like this one may do if it's done properly. But in the case of the majority, it gets boring. I for one will not be seeing Scary Movie 3 if they ever make one, or Charlies Angels 2, or probably even Hulk 2 (when they make it, not if).
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2003, 11:30 AM   #12
Iwata
Autarch

About sequels, this says it all:

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]