Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Faculty, The (1998)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Faculty, The (1998)

Take me to your teacher.

View Poll Results: Cool Or Crap?
THIS IS THE BEST SCIFI MOVIE EVER! 0 0%
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SCIFI MOVIES EVER! 1 5.26%
This was a very good movie... 9 47.37%
It was okay... 6 31.58%
This was a very bad movie... 2 10.53%
THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST SCIFI MOVIES EVER! 1 5.26%
THIS IS THE WORST SCIFI MOVIE EVER! 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 29, 2002, 08:32 PM   #16
Hamse
Wing Commander
207 flights since Nov 2002
Re: Good Or Bad?

I think that this movie was good, it had a preatty nice plot i think and it was happening mutch in this movie and u never got bored of it
Hamse is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2002, 06:32 PM   #17
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Movie was ok, though there were some elements that were vaguely irritating. The transition from Violent Lesbian to Pastel All American was a little silly though. I mean, the whole movie is a warning against conformity and then at the end, one of the misfit heroes flies in the face of everything she stood for. Maybe thats the point. Ah. Maybe its a deeper movie than I thought. Maybe I'm reading into it too much. Maybe the Suits couldn't stomach an openly gay character for the whole movie. Maybe I should get a hobby. Yes, I think so.

One thing I did like was that the Girl from Georgia (tm) was such an obvious choice that I didn't even consider her. Also, Robert Patrick scares the Begeezuz outta me.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2002, 12:02 PM   #18
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by jill_valentine
Also, Robert Patrick scares the Begeezuz outta me.

I think Robert Patrick scares the Begeezuz outta everybody He's a very tall, very scary guy - also very typecast, cos no matter what he plays, all I ever see is the T-1000.
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2002, 09:52 PM   #19
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Funny, I can't even imagine him engaging in a normal activity. Robert Patrick cooking? Robert Patrick reading? Robert Patrick shopping? The undersea world of Robert Patrick? Robert Patrick the postman? ("Well hey Jill, here's your mail." Jill:"AAAAAAAAAAAH!"(Shrieks. Exit stage left)
Actually, I think it may go beyond the T-1000. Maybe he is just genuinely evil. Now this I can imagine. Robert Patrick eating Orphan stew? Robert Patrick cackling? Robert Patrick scheming? The flying monkeys of Robert Patrick?
Hmm. If I disappear suddenly I want you to know that it is the nefarious Robert Patrick behind it all. Spread the word! People must know the truth!
Old Jan 4, 2003, 09:07 PM   #20
Commander_June
Wing Commander
161 flights since May 2001

I liked the movie
Especially Casey and Stokely.
The music was cool too.
OK, the plot wasn´t really new, but all in all, I watched the movie four times, and I surely will watch it some times again.
Pretty cool
Commander_June is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2003, 08:08 PM   #21
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Completley off topic, but on further consideration another thoroughly evil actor has occurred to me. It was preying on my mind for ages. Isabella Rossilini. Shes has this...eerie beautiful thing going on. Has anybody ever seen her and the evil queen from Snow white in the same room? She terrifies me. She speaks very hypnotically too. Why am I saying this? How do I know that you arent all allied with the Rossilini-Patrick axis of Evil? I have taken a terrible risk. I must flee to the underground movement...Farewell.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 03:37 PM   #22
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

Quote:
Originally posted by jill_valentine
Funny, I can't even imagine him engaging in a normal activity. Robert Patrick cooking? Robert Patrick reading? Robert Patrick shopping? The undersea world of Robert Patrick? Robert Patrick the postman? ("Well hey Jill, here's your mail." Jill:"AAAAAAAAAAAH!"(Shrieks. Exit stage left)
Actually, I think it may go beyond the T-1000. Maybe he is just genuinely evil. Now this I can imagine. Robert Patrick eating Orphan stew? Robert Patrick cackling? Robert Patrick scheming? The flying monkeys of Robert Patrick?
Hmm. If I disappear suddenly I want you to know that it is the nefarious Robert Patrick behind it all. Spread the word! People must know the truth!

I was watching the E! channel the other day (New to Sky! And about time to!) and they were doing a holiday films countdown. In between talking about the movies, they cut to a reporter-type person interviewing people and celebs. They showed a bunch of celebs singing a line each from the 12 Days of Xmas - and Robert Patrick sang 'and a partridge in a pair tree' ... it was chilling
Old Jan 23, 2003, 03:41 PM   #23
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

I wonder if he's reading all of these...
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 06:16 PM   #24
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

(Click....Whirrr)

JILL VALENTINE WOULD LIKE TO RETRACT HER EARLIER STATEMENT. STOP. ROBERT PATRICK IS NOT IN LEAGUE WITH A GLOBAL EVIL SUPERVILLAIN CARTEL. STOP. BOTH ROBERT PATRICK AND ISABELLA ROSSELINI ARE KIND PHILANTHROPISTS AND NEITHER POSSESS DEMONIC POWERS. STOP. JILL VALENTINE WOULD ASK US ALL TO JOIN HER IN A HEARTFELT COMMENDATION OF THE GLORIOUS ROBERT PATRICK AND ALL OF HIS ORGANISATION ASSOCIATES. STOP. HAIL THE LEADERS! STOP.

(END TRANSMISSION)
Old Feb 2, 2003, 11:40 AM   #25
Lt_Johnny_Rico
380 flights since Aug 2002

In my opinion, The Faculty is a very good movie. The plot was not very original, but the movie was pretty entertaining, and that alien monster in the end was awesome. Also, while I don't like Josh Hartnett, I thought that he did a good job in this movie.

Last edited by Lt_Johnny_Rico : Mar 6, 2003 at 05:01 PM.
Lt_Johnny_Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2003, 02:25 PM   #26
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

You know ... I've just realised how many moths it's been since anybody last had an opnion on this great movie ...

What's the matter with you people?! Go watch this NOW and come back here and revive this forum!!!

Old Nov 19, 2003, 09:50 PM   #27
becks-orion
Cluster Admiral
1,175 flights since Oct 2003

i loved it.

especially for the snorting coke bit.

how funny was that?

the blonde chick irritated me, i'm glad she got shot in 24 series 2.
becks-orion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2003, 05:27 AM   #28
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman

Thank you, now you've spoiled series 2 for me!

Not that I've seen series 1 yet
Old Jan 30, 2004, 07:54 AM   #29
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Wait...wait...Whish Blonde chick and who was she in 24? I havent seen the Faculty in ages...
Old Jan 30, 2004, 09:24 AM   #30
Gul
Starfighter
122 flights since Dec 2003

its alright

famke jenssen....growl!!!!
Gul is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Faculty, The (1998)