Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Jun 2, 2008, 11:17 AM   #1
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001
Summer Time! Livin's Easy...

Summer is here! I can't believe it's already June. What are your summer plans? Will water parks, BBQs, fireworks, beaches, Big Gulps, hot dogs and baseball be on your itinerary?

I will be in New York all summer. It will be hot, humid and oh so very fun. There's nothing quite so wonderful and so horrible about summer in the Big Apple. Sorry I won't have a pool party to throw for all you guys this summer. Maybe a cocktail party?
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 02:08 PM   #2
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: Summer Time! Livin's Easy...

You're all welcome to come here for Sun & Beach, the invitation I extend to all my fellow Sciflickers every year.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 04:29 PM   #3
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

I want a bbq, therefore I want a garden so I can bbq in, therefore I need a house so I can have a garden to bbq in.

All fingers crossed for 21st, bubbly picnic in park, mews walking and pub trawling. Other than that would like to go to Chatsworth house, did Alton Towers last month soooo probably lots more pub/bar exterior trawling. Oh and Bronte country, I promised myself I would explore, seems to silly not to.
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 06:12 PM   #4
The Paradisal Man

Can't believe I forgot to post this link at the beginning:

Old Jun 4, 2008, 08:00 AM   #5
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Where I reside, summer begins around the middle of April and won't end until it's nearly Halloween. It tends to make one apt to appreciate things like shade trees, cool breezes, and water hoses.

My plans are fluid. I might make a trip to the gulf later this summer for a couple of days. However, I find my tolerance of the beach is like my tolerance of snow - wonderful to look at, nice to walk in for about fifteen minutes - then I want to go back to the swimming pool - no sand, no seaweed, no aggressive ocean life, etc. We stay at a resort out of Fort Morgan where I can look over the edge of the pool and see the ocean - it's like swimming in a fresh water, chloronated, plant and sealife free ocean of my very own!

Other than that, my barbecue grill is on it's last summer so I'll be sending it out in style - burgers on the weekend, ribs on July 4th, steaks on Labor Day and then a fond, tender adios to the old girl (expect a new grill this Christmas). There are a couple of movies I want to see but that's about it.

I do love summer.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2008, 07:18 AM   #6
1,141 flights since Feb 2002

Like Sith said, here in the GA as with his turf, you have to take the good with the bad.
You resent winter all winter long and then one morning you wake up and walk outside with a smile on your face... half way to work you realize you're panting and your balls are not just stuck to the sides of your legs... they're in some kind of distress... behaving as if they have a severe water leak and are actually trying to leave your body. That's summer. It's 50 in direct sunlight one day, and the next it's 98 and you're wondering what the hell's wrong with you're car's AC. No transitional periods here whatsoever.
This summer is intolerable here. I agree with Sith: The beach is a horrible place. It's sandy, there are cops riding around on ATV's running over children, you always miss a nipple with the sunblock and wake up from an accidental beer induced nap looking like a rape/spank fetish victim, frisby throwing is not as easy as it in your back yard, and everyone is in better shape than you.

There's no use in going to the beach when you
A) don't like being hot
B) don't like sand
C) don't like swimming in undulating jellyfish populated piss-water.

I hate to sound like debby downer, but I'm already constantly paranoid about STD's, I don't need salt, sand and microscopic ocean life aggravating my already sweaty downstairs.

Other than the above, it's my favorite time of the year! Hooray summer!
floyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 11:56 AM   #7
The Paradisal Man

That's sort of how it feels this summer for me. It didn't get really hot until yesterday. Now I have a fan blowing on me in my room that my roommate wants returned to the "common area" ASAP. I really hope it rains a lot this summer. Then again, I should be careful for what I wish for.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 01:50 PM   #8
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004

I'm going to try to hit just about every festival and fair that I can.

Other than that, spend as much time outside as possible as soon as school ends.

..Or get a job.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:59 PM   #9
The Paradisal Man

Ah crap, it's about to rain!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:11 AM   #10
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

ok, other than the occasional annoyance and silent wars Im having with my neighbors, and having to have the heat on one minute and the air on the next....summers ok. This is the first summer for me that is a throwback to college days, because I'm UNEMPLOYED. I should be sad. Seriously. I should be pulling my hair out in fear and trepidation. Instead, I'm having the TIME OF MY LIFE!

Beach? Screw the beach! I'll want the beach when its November.

Use of the grill for a backyard bbq? - done. Had the friends over for Memorial Day after half of them came back from a New York trip together, and the other half (me included) came back from a Chicago weekend together and totally had a co-ed Tikki-Torch-Back-Patio-Detox session about the highs and lows. Gorgeous day. Gorgeous weather.

Travel - done! I put the Touraeg on the road for over 10,000 miles already (been all over the Midwest due to varying parties, weddings, etc., and apparently am expected to do more )

More Travel - Still got Arkansas, Florida and Michigan left to go.

A little side work - gonna spend all summer working on the contracts and deals to sell our church building and to purchase the new (bigger) one. Then of course, we're all going to have to pitch in no doubt to actually MOVE everything.

Class - taking a Private Pilot ground course - a month in and so far, so good. Hopefully the instructor will take me on as a student in August once the written part is complete. If I could come up with $60,000 to finance me through a Multi-Engine rating, I would, but alas, I cant justify spending an additional 60K on my education - I'm already could've bought a house with my undergrad/grad student loans. We'll see. Class rocks though!

Other than that, and all the Job Re-Entry webinars I have to take this summer, I have no plans other than to keep it simple, try not kill my neighbors, try not to actually spend my money on my various Home Improvement schemes, try to get a job, and have a lot of fun.
mack is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]