Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]

It came for the thrill of the hunt. It picked the wrong man to hunt. | I guideII guide

Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:06 AM   #1
ineedabox
Sector Marshall
972 flights since Apr 2004
Question Who are the predators going to be?

I often find myself wondering, Since Kevin P. Hall is dead , and there will be more than one predator in the upcoming movie, whos gonna play the predators?? I mean, Kevin was a big guy, and rightly so because predators are big guys. I certainly hope that our new predators arent gonna be some 5'7 punks tryin to pass off....what do you think/know?
ineedabox is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:13 AM   #2
Maddy
Pilot
49 flights since Jul 2004
Re: Who are the predators going to be?

How many 7 foot 2 people are out there. Maybe they got some college basketball players or something. I know for one thing CGI predators will suck.
Maddy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 01:16 AM   #3
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

Yeah, they really shouldnt even bother making cgi preds. There wont really be much use for them, because of the excellent makeup job they can do for them. Heh, maybe shaq will be a predator.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 11:51 AM   #4
Slash
Starfighter
137 flights since Aug 2003

Basketball player Ian Whyte....Known to us as Scar"face" Predator

Side Note: AvP will be rated PG-13 Does anyone have confirmation on this and....

At the Comic Book & Sci-Fi Convention in Los Angeles. Lance Henriksen was a guest speaker and screened a few clips (the two previously released featurettes and the latest trailer) before taking questions from the audience. Here's a rundown of what was said at the presentation.

- The Space Jockey and his people will NOT be in the movie.

- The film will end with a "sting" that leaves the door open for an AVP sequel.

- Fox does not plan to produce any sequels to previous Alien and Predator films. AVP will be the new franchise (so long for our hopes of seeing a fifth Alien or Predator 3).

- Over 80% of the effects seen in the movie are practical (man in suit!!).

NO PREDATOR OR ALIEN SEQUELS
Slash is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 04:49 PM   #5
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

So no alien 5?? o man. o well. Well, thats great that there wont be too much cgi in this movie. That was one major thing that I was worried about. So there IS gonna be a basketball player. lol
Old Jul 21, 2004, 12:56 PM   #6
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

Anderson wanted as little CGI as possible, he said it didn't feel as real. The biggest CGI bits will be the Alien tail.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2004, 01:38 PM   #7
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

Well thats good. Maybe this movie wont be so bad after all....that is, if they dont mess up the plot.
Im glad the guys'll be tall, because im not sure how tall Kevin was, but he was quite a bit taller than Arnold...
Old Jul 21, 2004, 04:05 PM   #8
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Well, Arnold is 6'2", Kevin was 7'2"
Old Jul 21, 2004, 07:05 PM   #9
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

Yeah. So arnolds not a short guy. And Kevin wasnt a tall giant.
I really have to wonder what the predators companionship will be like in this movie. I mean, you didnt really get to see more than one predator hunting at a time in the other two movies, so I have no idea of what it will be like. at all. Besides the comics, I know nothing.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 10:54 PM   #10
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Soon it shall be revealed
Old Jul 24, 2004, 09:36 PM   #11
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

Yes my friend. We have all been waiting a loooong time for this. Maybe all that waiting will finally get paid of. Maybe.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 05:15 PM   #12
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

ive been waiting since i was about 5, so yea, around 12 years. But evidence suggests that this movie will be good. The director is very familiar with the previous films, and there isnt much cgi. so lets just hope for the best, and try to stay calm until the big day................
Old Jul 27, 2004, 04:28 PM   #13
Unregistered
n/a flights since
there already is a predator 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Slash

Basketball player Ian Whyte....Known to us as Scar"face" Predator

Side Note: AvP will be rated PG-13 Does anyone have confirmation on this and....

At the Comic Book & Sci-Fi Convention in Los Angeles. Lance Henriksen was a guest speaker and screened a few clips (the two previously released featurettes and the latest trailer) before taking questions from the audience. Here's a rundown of what was said at the presentation.

- The Space Jockey and his people will NOT be in the movie.

- The film will end with a "sting" that leaves the door open for an AVP sequel.

- Fox does not plan to produce any sequels to previous Alien and Predator films. AVP will be the new franchise (so long for our hopes of seeing a fifth Alien or Predator 3).

- Over 80% of the effects seen in the movie are practical (man in suit!!).

NO PREDATOR OR ALIEN SEQUELS

Well, judging what you guys have written here and the fact that most of you are under 20, you don't seem to know that much.

However, I will leave you with this little bit of info

There already is a Predator 3, it's not titled "Predator 3" but there is on, it was a majoy B flick, probably went straight to video, but it does exist, i've seen it.

basically a group of people gets stranded in some country like mexico or something run into some bad guys (humans) and a predator in the process, teh predator is invisible for most of the movie, but it does show you his point of view on some shots. When I find the title of the movie, i'll try my hardest to come back here and tell you what it is.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 08:08 PM   #14
ineedabox
Sector Marshall

Hmmm....nope. It aint official. There is no predator 3. Fox didnt do it. I dont know of it. I dont think you know what you're talking about. You dont seem to know much.
You know, many ****ty scifi movies have spoofed predator. Many try to put up stuff just like predator. But that dont make them predator by any stretch of the imagination pal. There isnt a predator 3. You can consider yourself jakassd, and you can consider avp as a predator 3, cuz thats probly all you're gettin.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 09:37 PM   #15
Slash
Starfighter
137 flights since Aug 2003
Re: there already is a predator 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

Well, judging what you guys have written here and the fact that most of you are under 20, you don't seem to know that much.

However, I will leave you with this little bit of info

There already is a Predator 3, it's not titled "Predator 3" but there is on, it was a majoy B flick, probably went straight to video, but it does exist, i've seen it.

basically a group of people gets stranded in some country like mexico or something run into some bad guys (humans) and a predator in the process, teh predator is invisible for most of the movie, but it does show you his point of view on some shots. When I find the title of the movie, i'll try my hardest to come back here and tell you what it is.

I'll be waiting riiiiiigggggght here....
Slash is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Predator (1987, 1990) [movie series]