Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Sep 7, 2005, 05:18 PM   #1
Quintessa
Sector Marshall
875 flights since Jul 2004
Exclamation Suggestions

Firstly, I will be joing debate (probably). This years topic is the Patriot Act. As the title suggests, any suggestions for resource material? Links, books, articales... Anything good you've come across that you think makes some good points or has some good facts I'd appreciate it.

Secondly, I'll be joining the school newspaper. (most likely). I'd appreciate any suggestions, links, ect... for topics. I want to get the paper to have a world news/current events section, maybe even an editorial.

Thanks.
Quintessa is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 07:18 PM   #2
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Suggestions

I don't think i canhelp, I'm afraid ... considering that I have never even HEARD of the Patriot Act Is it an American Government thing? Or is it like the Riot Act?
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 07:53 PM   #3
Unicron
Sector Marshall
653 flights since Jul 2003

see if these links may help:
http://www.lifeandliberty.gov/
http://www.epic.org/privacy/terrorism/usapatriot/
http://www.scn.org/ccapa/links-pa.html
Unicron is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 04:48 PM   #4
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintessa
Firstly, I will be joing debate (probably). This years topic is the Patriot Act. As the title suggests, any suggestions for resource material? Links, books, articales... Anything good you've come across that you think makes some good points or has some good facts I'd appreciate it.

Secondly, I'll be joining the school newspaper. (most likely). I'd appreciate any suggestions, links, ect... for topics. I want to get the paper to have a world news/current events section, maybe even an editorial.

Thanks.

The Patriot Act? That's a little general for debate. Is this High School Debate? This year's NFL topic:
Quote:
2005-2006 Policy Debate Topic
Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially decrease its authority either to detain without charge or to search without probable cause.

If you're in public high school this is likely the resolution you'll debate this year. The Patriot Act is certainly an aspect of this resolution but only paritally so.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 05:10 PM   #5
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Well, it was just a quick 4 (not even five) minute introductory meeting.

Guy who looked like he was in charge and talk: Hello! Write your names on the list. This years topic is the Patriot Act. Goodbye.

And that was that.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit more to it. But yes, highschool debate. And yes, public school. Were you in debate?

Anyways, in other news: It's official, I'm with the newspaper. But not only am I with the school newspaper, I'm the head of the world events section. A freshman head of the section. So... thanks for all your help giving me topics to write/assign poeple to write about. *sigh* Although, it's pretty much all about Katrina right now. Everyone has something, really.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 05:13 PM   #6
Unicron
Sector Marshall

just out of curiosity....did my links help you at all?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 05:16 PM   #7
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit more to it. But yes, highschool debate. And yes, public school. Were you in debate?

Never debated in high school, only college. Most of my high school years were a blur - football and skipping school. I taught and coached High School debate for five years, Policy and Lincoln Douglas and still coach NCFC Debate for home schoolers (not this year though, other things going on).
Old Sep 8, 2005, 05:32 PM   #8
Quintessa
Sector Marshall

Quote:
Originally posted by Unicron
just out of curiosity....did my links help you at all?

I haven't had the chance to get to them! I have some much homework and crap to do.... plus we don't meet of a few days... I have to do so much stuff... I'll try to give em a look.

Quote:
Originally posted by HighWiredSith

Never debated in high school, only college. Most of my high school years were a blur - football and skipping school. I taught and coached High School debate for five years, Policy and Lincoln Douglas and still coach NCFC Debate for home schoolers (not this year though, other things going on).

Hey, that's cool.

I haven't quite decided whether I'll go lincoln douglas or policy. I'm not completely sure what they both are. I think couglas is debating about whats right and policy is debate what'll work.

I'll prolly got with policy though.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 05:46 PM   #9
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Quote:

I haven't had the chance to get to them! I have some much homework and crap to do.... plus we don't meet of a few days... I have to do so much stuff... I'll try to give em a look.

Hey, that's cool.

I haven't quite decided whether I'll go lincoln douglas or policy. I'm not completely sure what they both are. I think couglas is debating about whats right and policy is debate what'll work.

I'll prolly got with policy though.

LD is a value debate, in a sense, right vs. wrong (more like my right versus your right).

Policy is an issues debate.

I always preferred LD.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:37 PM   #10
niggers_Suck
Pilot
16 flights since Jun 2004
SUGGESTION

SHUT THE **** UP!! NOBODY CAREs ABOUT WHAT U HAVE 2 SAY U ****IN NERD LOSER FAGGOT!! GO BURN IN HELL!!thanx. Peace *****es
niggers_Suck is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:41 PM   #11
Unicron
Sector Marshall
Re: SUGGESTION

Quote:
Originally posted by niggers_Suck
SHUT THE **** UP!! NOBODY CAREs ABOUT WHAT U HAVE 2 SAY U ****IN NERD LOSER FAGGOT!! GO BURN IN HELL!!thanx. Peace *****es

heres a suggestion for you..why dont you shut the **** up! i dont think anyone cares what you think or have to say!
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:44 PM   #12
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Why're you even replying to him? Don't you understand you're only validating his existence?

Use the "Ignore" button. It's there for a reason.

Thankfully, I can't read what he says, and I have a feeling I'm really not losing anything.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:46 PM   #13
niggers_Suck
Pilot
HAHAHA

HAHAHAHA. shut the **** up "unicorn" who the hell wants to hear anything from a damn fairy tale creature. Your name is Unicorn and you have some Faggotass gothic retard band as ur signiture. yeah. good job retard. way to contridict yourself. get a mother****ing life and quit wasteing your time trying to say things to me. u dont deserve to anyways. thanx. Peace *****es
Old Sep 11, 2005, 10:14 PM   #14
Unicron
Sector Marshall

is that the best you can come up with?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 11:40 PM   #15
niggers_Suck
Pilot

Are you kidding me? look at what u said just a minute ago.. its pretty much a replica of what i said b4 u said it. ur a mother ****ing retard. thanx. peace *****es

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]