Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Fantastic Voyage (1966)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Fantastic Voyage (1966)

Journey into the living body of a man! | guide

Old May 14, 2002, 01:39 PM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Fantastic Voyage II Destination Brain

Was browsing through the stacks at my local public library this morning and noticed an Asimov novel - Fantastic Voyage II Destination Brain. According to our local Asimov scholar, SF, Asimov adapted the novel Fantastic Voyage from an existing screenplay. What about this one? Is it an Asimov original or part of another movie I haven't heard of?
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2002, 11:34 PM   #2
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001
Re: Fantastic Voyage II Destination Brain

Asimov wrote the book with no interference this time. He was sent a suggested outline by the studio but he did not use it.

But as is often the case with such arangements, the movie never got made.
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2002, 02:55 PM   #3
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

Was it a good read, as good as the other Asimov stuff we've discussed? I was looking for some of the Hugo nominees but may go back and get it.
Old May 15, 2002, 09:32 PM   #4
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

I have not read either of the Fantastic Voyage books...
Old Jan 15, 2003, 02:34 PM   #5
Charlie
Wing Commander
342 flights since Mar 2002

I have just checked our library catalogue---the only copies of Fantastic Voyage + FV II are in a basement reserve stock 1987 copies-- and nothing new since then. We have 12 libraries in our authority it's unsual not to have all asimov works and new copies?? Lots of "Foundation"
Charlie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2003, 02:48 PM   #6
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

The "Foundation" and the "Robot" books are his most popular and most well-known works. But fantastic Voyage still ought to be easier to find then Asimov's non-fiction and humor ventures.

Even Foundation and Earth is harder to find then the trilogy and the two Seldon books.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 08:46 AM   #7
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

I have also noticed that most bookstores are no longer stocking the entire Asimov science fiction collection. It's rare to find all the Foundation, Galactic Empire, and Robot novels anymore. I would really like to see a comprehensive boxed set of his three series' in hardcover. My paperback collection is an assortment of covers from the third and fourth paperback printings to the paperback printing in the 80's when Asimov took up the Foundation and Robot series again (the best cover imo). I also have a few without covers.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 01:14 PM   #8
Omega2064
Wing Commander
279 flights since Jun 2003

Well the movie Bicentennial Man hopefully perked some interest in Asimov's books. I Robot has made it to TV twice now. Foundation has been suggested for a movie many times but its even more stalled than Dune used to be.

Omega2064
Omega2064 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2003, 02:35 PM   #9
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay

I am hoping that I Robot will spark as much interest in brining Asimov's other work's to the screen as Total Recall and Blade Runner did for Phillip K. Dick.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 01:27 AM   #10
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

****'s work has often been sucsessfully rendered on the silver screen . I saw a poster for yet another adaptation in the theatre the other day. It could be that PKD's stuff is just more cinimatic than Asimov's.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ F -- L ] > Fantastic Voyage (1966)