Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 2001-2010 [movie series] > 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

The Ultimate Trip. | guide

Old Aug 22, 2003, 07:00 PM   #31
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
This truly was a waste of film-with the exception of the sub-story on Discovery. Too much of a mish-mash of ideas and concepts. Rather than inspire awe toward space, Kubrick makes me feel that it is likely dull or perhaps psychadelic.

You didn't get it, then.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 04:41 AM   #32
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: 2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
This truly was a waste of film-with the exception of the sub-story on Discovery. Too much of a mish-mash of ideas and concepts. Rather than inspire awe toward space, Kubrick makes me feel that it is likely dull or perhaps psychadelic.

Too many "ideas and concepts" for your tastes? What was missing space knights?

"Kubrick makes me feel that it is likely dull or perhaps psychadelic."
Space travel is dull? Why, because no ray gun battles?
Old Sep 21, 2003, 12:42 AM   #33
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002
Re: Jupiter and Beyond the Infinate

Quote:
Originally posted by Drone_V 2.0
If you knew how much better music there was out there, you'd feel like an ass for saying that.

Oh yes there is certainly a lot of music out there. You for example turned me onto King Crimson. But the thing with Pink Floyd is that when WYWH and DsOTM came out in the late 60s/early 70s the world had never heard anything like it, and was utterly amazed. This happened with other bands and people. Like The Beatles, Elvis, Jim Morrison, Nirvana, and Nine Inch Nails. There is a reason Darkside of the Moon had (and I still think Pink Floyd does) the most records ever sold, and made history on the Bilboard charts with 720 weeks on the top of the list. It was diferent and quite uniqe, practically one of a kind. And though the classical music fitted with Odyssey like bread and butter, I still wonder what it would have been like to have Pink Floyd instead.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2003, 07:08 PM   #34
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002
Re: Jupiter and Beyond the Infinate

Oh certainly, there is. Quite a few. And not becuase they lack talent, just the public's interest. Take a band I like Hollenthon. It's Speed Metal mixed with classical, and is dark fantasy themed. With songs like Lords of Bedlam and Y Draig Goch(really awsome song), You can listen to them here.

This is just one of thousands...

Last edited by Kieraganion : Oct 2, 2003 at 07:18 PM.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ # -- E ] > 2001-2010 [movie series] > 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)