Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Omega Man, The (1971)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Omega Man, The (1971)

The Last Man on Earth is Not Alone. | guide

Old Mar 21, 2007, 01:06 PM   #1
used_2_b_heyday
Wing Commander
184 flights since Oct 2005
More CHALLENGE...

OK - I've increased the difficulty level...which scene does this appear in?

Remember, be specific!

Mike
used_2_b_heyday is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 01:28 PM   #2
JonathanMathias
Wing Commander
213 flights since Sep 2004
Re: More CHALLENGE...

Wow... is that scene even FROM the Omega Man?!? Looks like I'll have to dig around on the DVD for this one...

Dave
JonathanMathias is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:07 AM   #3
mikemaz3000
Pilot
32 flights since Apr 2003

You have increased the photo challenge beyond the powers of mere mortals.
Your knowledge of the Omega Man is beyond belief. I quickly scanned the script of the Omega Man, especially looking for the deleted scenes, and missing dialog from the final version of the movie and missed this part of the script.
What other facts and trivia do you know about this movie?
I was more disappointed that the Warner Brothers DVD didn't contain any substantial new ( old ) material form the film.
mikemaz3000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 11:19 PM   #4
used_2_b_heyday
Wing Commander

MikeMaz3000 - I've been obsessed with this movie since I saw it on the local Late Show (WKBW - Buffalo, NY) on a Sunday evening in November of 1979. I was at the very impressionable age of 13.

I too was disappointed with the DVD extras. Considering that we waited years for the DVD release, it looked like WB rushed it out.

As far as facts and trivia go, did you know that this film was one of Charlton Heston's personal projects? He secured the film rights after reading I Am Legend on a flight. He was involved with all aspects of the film and his wife Lydia was the still photographer.

Anyway, it looks like I lost most of you on this photo challenge. The gargoyle was hanging on a wall in Neville's place. This scene was the last time Robert was with Lisa - before she turned...

Mike

Old Apr 3, 2007, 04:28 PM   #5
CheatingBastard
Wing Commander
423 flights since Aug 2004

It also appears at the beginning of the film. Right after Neville enters his apt. and puts his machine gun in the rack he walks by the same mask. I was going to post this answer this morning but I was too late. Get another one up soon Mike, difficult or not its pretty cool.
CheatingBastard is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2007, 10:27 PM   #6
JonathanMathias
Wing Commander
213 flights since Sep 2004

Nice shot, Mike. I kinda thougth that it might have been something out of Neville's apartment, but I was too lazy to dig the DVD out and look for the shot. And like CB said, keep 'em coming!
JonathanMathias is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 03:38 PM   #7
mikemaz3000
Pilot
32 flights since Apr 2003
Heston's personal project - The Omega Man

Mike, ( USED TO BE HEYDAY)),

I remember it was Orson Wells that told Charlton Heston read the book,
I Am Legend, I guess after Chuck had made, The Planet Of The Apes (1968).
Charlton Heston had a great deal of respect for Wells since they had starred together in,
A Touch of Evil (1958), and Heston even recommended Orson Wells to direct the film after
the studio could sign anyone to direct the project ( Wells directed the film without pay).
mikemaz3000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2007, 01:07 PM   #8
used_2_b_heyday
Wing Commander

Yup - you've got it mikemaz3000 - I vaguely remember reading that in Heston's book An Actors Life. Amazing that there was a Well's connection. Citizen Kane is one of my all time favorites and each Halloween I drag out the CD recording of War of the Worlds and make my kids listen to it!

Mike

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Omega Man, The (1971)