Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Sep 14, 2003, 04:15 PM   #1
Unregistered
n/a flights since
gay marrige should it be allowed

will what do you all think should gay marrige be allowed ?
I say way not.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 05:15 PM   #2
floyd
Libertarian
1,141 flights since Feb 2002
Re: gay marrige should it be allowed

Well, why do you think gay marriages should way not be allowed? I tend to think more along the lines of everyone should be able to make their own decisions about their personal life, but hell, that's me, and I'm practically retarded. Maybe you can guide me toward the light.
floyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2003, 05:26 PM   #3
Predalien
Cluster Admiral
203 flights since Jul 2002
Location: Leeds, England, The Earth (also lived in other places such as Bristol and Exeter)

I've got nothing against gay relationships, and I'm not a religious man either so I guess I've got nothing against gay marriages. However, if the religion says that it is not allowed, then who are we to dispute it, we can't just re-write the Bible and assume that God has changed his mind on the matter. (that's assuming God exists of course.)
Predalien is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2003, 08:05 PM   #4
JACKER
The Paradisal Man
1,359 flights since Dec 2001

Let them f#cking get married already! I'm so tired of politics and religon stroking eachother. It is persecution to dissallow two people to get married. God loves all people and if you think he doesn't approve, then you don't marry someone of the same sex. I know it's pretty fun to judge, shake your finger at people and tell them they're not normal, but get over yourselves and let things be. Homosexuality is normal and it's plain biggotry to think otherwise. Ultimately, I think, twenty years gay marriages will be legal (if not sooner). When youth gets older. Let people share the same experiences people share.
JACKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2003, 08:22 PM   #5
XfReAk050203
Pilot
17 flights since Sep 2003

for gods sakes its just a document anyway...do they absolutely HAVE to get married? im not against it but damn, i know not too many families accept the choices of their homosexual members, so if they did have one, not many would come, and if you cant have a real wedding (people, church, food, the whole shabang) why even bother. the other method takes up the courts time and wastes paper for something that will probably end up in divorce anyway. anyways i think this is all some secret plot to drive people away from being gay so we can remain in a world where the human race has a chance at a future, cause after all, not too many gay couples have been known to birth children, and if we give them this, whats next...it goes on and on until...we reach the end of creation and die out, so, in conclusion, if they want all the experiences of a normal life, maybe they should lead one (i know thats harsh but its the truth and hearing gays nag over and over about this **** reminds me of black people who ***** and whine about their ancestors whom they know nothing about, which really gets on my nerves)
XfReAk050203 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2003, 08:26 PM   #6
King
Wing Commander
205 flights since Aug 2003

look, peoples preferences are of no consequence, theres no reason there should not be gay marriages, the only problem I have is people bringing this sh!t into the public (i'm not saying marriages) whatever people do in the bedroom needs to stay in the bedroom, i'm really against all this gay pride bullsh*t! we don't need to know! its your own business what preferences you have! its fine if someones gay but thats none of our business, we don't need to hear about it, sex lives really should be private... you get what im saying?
King is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2003, 08:29 PM   #7
XfReAk050203
Pilot

what about letting gays raise children? maybe i should do a new thread but i think this goes hand in hand
Old Sep 14, 2003, 08:41 PM   #8
floyd
Libertarian

Quote:
for gods sakes its just a document anyway...do they absolutely HAVE to get married? im not against it but damn, i know not too many families accept the choices of their homosexual members, so if they did have one, not many would come, and if you cant have a real wedding (people, church, food, the whole shabang) why even bother. the other method takes up the courts time and wastes paper for something that will probably end up in divorce anyway. anyways i think this is all some secret plot to drive people away from being gay so we can remain in a world where the human race has a chance at a future, cause after all, not too many gay couples have been known to birth children, and if we give them this, whats next...it goes on and on until...we reach the end of creation and die out, so, in conclusion, if they want all the experiences of a normal life, maybe they should lead one (i know thats harsh but its the truth and hearing gays nag over and over about this **** reminds me of black people who ***** and whine about their ancestors whom they know nothing about, which really gets on my nerves)

That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I myself don't agree with reperations, but it doesn't have a damn thing to do with gay marriages.
Firstly, do you honestly believe that if gay people don't get married, they're more likely to have sex with members of the opposite sex? THEY'RE GAY!! It doesn't matter if they're married! The argument you're making is against gay people's existence. You say they're esentially trying to kill off the earth's population by not mateing. I'm not gay, but I'm not having any damn children, you got a problem with that *******? Also, I'd like to suggest you NEVER have children, becuase there's a glimer ofa chance they'd grow up with you're ignorance hardwired into their little brains.

I'd like to close with this:
YOU SHOULD BE SHOT.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 08:50 PM   #9
JACKER
The Paradisal Man

The population is already growing more and more and too much. Homosexuality is helping keeping it down. Even then, they can adopt or go invetro. And no, homosexuality is NOT pedophelia. They can raise kids too. There are many good end results out there of kids raised by gay parents.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 09:05 PM   #10
XfReAk050203
Pilot

maybe it came out wrong, quit being so extreme dude, i was merely tryin to say that the more people see of homosexuality(among other things), the more susceptible they are to becoming gay, as with anything else. i have noticed that since freshman year, the number of homosexuals in our school has increased over 1000%, and still continues. I used to go to a black school, so naturally, i became a wigger, left there and went to a redneck school, you guessed it, became a redneck, whether it be the underdeveloped need for individuality or simply a weak mind is up for debate, but people conform to popularity (for the most part), were gonna have more and more gays running around until thats all there is, then there will be nothing. And im glad to see that one of the infinitely ugly beings in the world has the brains to halt their hideous-faced wannabe-filmmaker genetics before the world gets any worse, so: Thank You good sir! as for me yes i plan to have children, and no i hope to the utmost extent they dont have to be like me or live the life i have lived, i wouldnt wish that upon anyone, as for being shot i can only hope that will come soon, as it would divert my depressing moments of coming upon such a useless and frighteningly grotesque organism such as yourself...and please dont reply to this with some mildly witty comeback because i wont respond, if you want to fight private message me rather than continue this quarrel in this forum and disrupt debate, knowing you i assume you will disregard all this but oh well
Old Sep 14, 2003, 09:09 PM   #11
XfReAk050203
Pilot

i mentioned nothing of pedophilia, i have not heard the arguments of having gay parents but i was jsut thinking about what it would be like for the child when he comes to an understanding of what it is, also how other people would think of him, react to him and what not, as i said i do not know all about that subject but i just get the feeling it would be in the kids best interest to be raised normally as seeing how msot of us are raised normally and still come out screwed up, then again it could have a reverse affect so i dont know..
Old Sep 14, 2003, 09:15 PM   #12
JACKER
The Paradisal Man

Quote:
I know it's pretty fun to judge, shake your finger at people and tell them they're not normal

Just because the majority of people are one thing, doesn't mean the other isn't normal. Am I not normal because I'm left handed? I shouldn't be according to you.

Talk to a gay person and they will tell you they knew they were gay since they were small children. Nobody is gay because it's the "inn thing" to do. And sure, people may be curious and have some fun, but doesn't meant they're gay.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 09:21 PM   #13
floyd
Libertarian

Quote:
maybe it came out wrong, quit being so extreme dude, i was merely tryin to say that the more people see of homosexuality(among other things), the more susceptible they are to becoming gay, as with anything else. i have noticed that since freshman year, the number of homosexuals in our school has increased over 1000%, and still continues. I used to go to a black school, so naturally, i became a wigger, left there and went to a redneck school, you guessed it, became a redneck, whether it be the underdeveloped need for individuality or simply a weak mind is up for debate, but people conform to popularity (for the most part), were gonna have more and more gays running around until thats all there is, then there will be nothing. And im glad to see that one of the infinitely ugly beings in the world has the brains to halt their hideous-faced wannabe-filmmaker genetics before the world gets any worse, so: Thank You good sir! as for me yes i plan to have children, and no i hope to the utmost extent they dont have to be like me or live the life i have lived, i wouldnt wish that upon anyone, as for being shot i can only hope that will come soon, as it would divert my depressing moments of coming upon such a useless and frighteningly grotesque organism such as yourself...and please dont reply to this with some mildly witty comeback because i wont respond, if you want to fight private message me rather than continue this quarrel in this forum and disrupt debate, knowing you i assume you will disregard all this but oh well

It's called debate, and that's what this forum tends to be about. I may very well send you a witty comment about disemboweling you with a shovel or something... but now, on to the actual discussion. Most of what you typed is a jumbled mess of non-sense, but I think I've managed to decode some of it.

You seem to think that being gay is similar to when you changed schools, and adapted your "personality" to your new setting. Sorry man, I don't think it works that way. Being gay isn't becoming more popular, it's becoming accepted. The number of gays isn't changing, the number who are openly so is.
If you really liked purple shoes, and you didn't know why, you would want to wear them, and you would, but not if everyone at your school would beat the hell from you if you did. If suddenly people became accepting of the purple shoe people, then you would wear them, and could stop having to pretend you like wearing blue shoes like everyone else.

Also, please do respond. You'll find the above post is almost entirely free of outright insult to you. (belive me, the argument you're attempting to make is insulting you plenty.)
Though, when I say respond, I mean do so if you can come up with a good reason why homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to wed. I would love to hear one. (And it can't be about why people in general shouldn't get married. It must be why people who are gay can't get married, but straight people can.)
Old Sep 14, 2003, 09:40 PM   #14
XfReAk050203
Pilot

its not the number of open, i have watched and heard of so many people deciding to become gay, whether to become a part of an acceptible clique (i think its called) or simply becoming that way because they think someone of the same sex wont be as bad in a relationship, so no it wasnt entirely about conforming. as for gays getting married i stated before i am NOT against it, but is it so necessary to take it to an extreme, odds are it will be mass accepted before too long anyway as did interracial marriages, but issues like this should die fast, give them what they want or deny them indefinitely, simple as that, if they cant get it then let it go, we dont all get what we want (i know this firsthand very well), i just get sick of hearing people whine as i stated before, as for the purple shoes idea of "not knowing why but just liking it" i think they know why they are gay, a vagina simply disgusts them, as does having a penis in my anal orifice disgust me, not really an argument there or anything but just saying its not as if they have no purpose, people know why they are the way they are.

and jacker, im not meaning this in an offensive way or anything so dont get defensive, but im just curious as to what you and anyone else considers the boundary between "curious" and "(officially)gay", and i personally believe majority is normal when percentages get near 85-90 % and i hear less than 10 are left handed so yea YOUR NOT NORMAL, FREAK!!
Old Sep 14, 2003, 09:42 PM   #15
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002

I think gay people take enough shit from all kinds of groups and individuals that to deny them one piece of paper and the benefits that go with it is ridiculous.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]