Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Time Machine, The (1960, 1978, 2002) [original and re-adaptations]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Time Machine, The (1960, 1978, 2002) [original and re-adaptations]

You Will Orbit into the Fantastic Future! | original guide

Old Mar 7, 2002, 10:21 PM   #1
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Question Re: Time machine TV movie from 70's

Does anyone remember the made for TV time machine movie that came out in the 70's? I can't find information on it anywhere.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 05:42 PM   #2
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Re: Time machine TV movie from 70's

I remember the 70's version of "The Time Machine" and I can't find any information on it either.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 05:56 PM   #3
Unregistered
n/a flights since

The remake was done in 1978 by John Blake.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 10:18 PM   #4
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Time machine TV show

Yep, remember that one. Only lasted two seasons or so. Don't remember much but they jumped into a tunnel sprial to go into time. They also could watch what was happening in the tunnel.
I was about 10 or 12 so it's a but blurry. Think it was on during the Man From Uncle years.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 10:26 PM   #5
zombie84
Wing Commander
376 flights since Mar 2001

oh, you guys are thinking of a show that cas called TIME TUNNEL i think. i remember it from the 60's or 70's.
zombie84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2002, 10:45 AM   #6
Unregistered
n/a flights since
Cool Time Machine, The

On the 1978 made-for-TV remake of The Time Machine, it stared John Beck; I don't think anyone named "John Blake" is associated with this version of the movie. Side-note: John Beck was also in the 1975 Rollerball (!).

I liked the 1978 re-make of The Time Machine; in high school, we watched it and wrote a report on it for my English class.

JK
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:14 AM   #7
CheatingBastard
Wing Commander
423 flights since Aug 2004

Didnt the TV movie of the Time Machine take place in the United States unlike the other two movies? I seem to recall his time machine going back to the wild west days where he fought with some cowboys.
CheatingBastard is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 02:57 PM   #8
dndnevada
Apprentice
1 flights since Sep 2006

I remember the 1978 Time Machine movie well. Much of the indoor scenes were shot in the office where I worked (and around me while I worked) (Collier & Heins Financial Consultants) in SLC, Utah. My boss James Collier (now deceased) was president of the company. His office was used for the movie-President's (John Duggan) office - I was Mr. Collier's secretary sitting just outside of his 12-FT double doors where John Beck and Rosemary DeCamp had several scenes. At times, I had to give up my desk to the movie-president's secretary. I had a 'walk-on' role where they shot around me walking away and up our stairway (my backside wasn't my favorite shot). I was considered for one of the Eloys (blond above ground pretty people), but because of my 'walk-on' part earlier in the movie they thought I might be recognized if I played an Eloy. The Molock scenes were shot up in Park City, Utah in and around one of the mines (I was told).
I am looking for a VHS or DVD of the movie - to show my family and friends - if anyone knows where I can get my hands on one, please do tell.
dndnevada is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 02:06 AM   #9
benhurley
Apprentice
1 flights since Dec 2006
Reply for dndnevada

Hi I hope this comes out right , this is my 1st posting, the reason I joined was so that I could reply to your inqury.
I myself have been also looking for this tv movie for apx. 20 yrs. I saw it as a kid I was apx. 12 or 13 yrs old @ the time, I don't think they showed the movie ever agin.
Well tonight I found it for sale on dvd & it was only $5.99 if you do the buy now option. It is on ebay & she "the seller" only has about 4 or 5 copies, the sellers name on ebay is jazzysales. I typed in (1978 The Time Machine dvd movie) anything like that should bring it up. I also think you can use the sellers name in a different type of search. I can't wait to see it but as you know it might seem awful several years later, what the hell we only go around once & might as well enjoy ourselves with the little things . good luck & please let me know how you make out. I'm almost sure that I am going to like what this website has to offer , after all I just met someone who had one of the same qusetions that I have had for many yrs. see ya (Ben)
benhurley is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 03:12 PM   #10
Don Coleman
Apprentice
2 flights since Aug 2000
Thumbs up 1978 Time Machine

I have some info on this film and a lot more Time Machine related content on my web site:
http://timemachineproject.com
Don Coleman is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Time Machine, The (1960, 1978, 2002) [original and re-adaptations]