Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ]

From "Scanners" to "X-Men: The Movie"...

Old Nov 5, 2002, 11:47 AM   #1
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002
Zardoz

Is there anybody who likes this one? If you find some good thing about it, tell me please.

Just look how cool the cover looks...
But what's inside... (This last pic is also a link to one review of Zardoz.)
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 07:21 AM   #2
Charlie
Wing Commander
342 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Zardoz

No way-----this one was a stinker.... some very bad acting if I remember.
Charlie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2002, 10:40 AM   #3
ThinWLady
Mrs. Tony Harrison
1,295 flights since Feb 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie
No way-----this one was a stinker.... some very bad acting if I remember.
Oh, the acting was almost fine but that huge head flying around... That was one of the worst effects that I've seen.
ThinWLady is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2002, 01:28 PM   #4
Xorgan
Starfighter
108 flights since Nov 2002
Cool Re: Zardoz

Quote:
Originally posted by ThinWLady
Is there anybody who likes this one? If you find some good thing about it, tell me please.

Well - to be honest, back in the 80s, when I first saw it, I liked the Eden-Style gardens with the underdressed ladies...

And I adore Connery and his haircut, of course
Xorgan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2002, 01:33 AM   #5
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

I think Zardoz has some great ideas but bad production values. But then again it was made a long time ago. So I guess I can forgive that.

Besides the story wich I realy thought was interesting I think that the ending is absolutely briliant.

If you like interesting phylosophical pondering on eternal life and the question if human race can handle that burden , and you are able to put a side bad costumes and sets, then I would definately recomend it.

7.5/10.0
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 05:24 PM   #6
lunadude
Starfighter
54 flights since Oct 2003

Worth the watch.

Still memorable after all these years. Can't say that about a bunch of SF movies.
lunadude is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2004, 09:59 PM   #7
Kati Kasmadi
n/a flights since
The giant flying head.

This was the best scene in the entire movie. A giant flying head full of guns being tossed out to a waiting bunch of horseback riding maniacs to use for killing ordinary people. Thank God the government hasn't watched this one. I think they should all be forced to spend eternity in the Emeral City.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 06:12 PM   #8
Gundam Mk II
Starfighter
50 flights since Dec 2003
Aww C'Mon

Quote:

Oh, the acting was almost fine but that huge head flying around... That was one of the worst effects that I've seen.

Hehehe... I tend to catagorize this one as VERY British Scifi (And there aint nuthing wrong with that!) and for it's time, I thought it was rather well done. It just had some REALLY out there tangents and stuff. Admittidly a couple of strong Gin & Tonics make the movie go down MUCH easier to be sure.

I kinda like the idea of that far in the future, with the help of a parasytical artificial intelligence (The Tabernacle... and apparently it didn't start out that way but grew from the influence of all the minds it interacted with) a group of Self Important Thinkers grew into a large group of JADED people who had no concept of love but sure as hell knew about laying around and contemplating the eternal secret of navel lint

I have always had a soft-spot for post-apocalyptic scifi to be sure, so of course I watched this film! (own it and not ashamed... feel like I'm at a 12 Step Meeting "Hi... I'm Richard... and I liked Zardoz... and the crowd replies... "Hi Richard!" LOL! JUST KIDDING ALL - ya knows I loves ya!) Arthur Frain I think was the hinkiest character of all since he brought Zed in to be the Vortex's downfall and Shake Things Up. Or am I way of base?

Gundam Mk II is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 02:04 PM   #9
amber0728
n/a flights since
the Ending

The movie's ending is great since it shows that the a new cycle has begun with the introduction of a future combatant.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 04:22 PM   #10
Clay
Starfighter
149 flights since Mar 2004

Quote:
Charlotte Rampling! I'll sit through any film that has her in it!

If you like her too...check out "Under the sand" and "Swimming Pool" both fine films.
Clay is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 06:30 PM   #11
mondo
Recruit Pilot
6 flights since Jun 2005

Zardoz has always been a guilty pleasure for me, so bad it's good. Not as much fun as Barbarella, tho, but on the same scale of "what where they thinking?. . ."
mondo is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:24 AM   #12
Clangador
Recruit Pilot
9 flights since Mar 2006

I like it. I have it on DVD and it is the cheapest DVD I've ever purchased. I wonder why it doesn't have a forum here.
Clangador is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 01:34 PM   #13
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by mondo
Zardoz has always been a guilty pleasure for me, so bad it's good. Not as much fun as Barbarella, tho, but on the same scale of "what where they thinking?. . ."

Now I have to see it, and its all your fault!
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:16 PM   #14
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Oh Jesus Christ on a saltine! I just saw this and other than the giant head that vomits guns, this thing has no redeeming value. That old git Connery must have had a serious coke habit back then. That costume though- little orange shorts and suspenders-cum-bandoleers... *shudder*
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:56 AM   #15
Clangador
Recruit Pilot
9 flights since Mar 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_not_Sci-Fi
Oh Jesus Christ on a saltine! I just saw this and other than the giant head that vomits guns, this thing has no redeeming value. That old git Connery must have had a serious coke habit back then. That costume though- little orange shorts and suspenders-cum-bandoleers... *shudder*

He was trying to get acting jobs after coming off of James Bond. IIRC, this was his first one he got offered.
Clangador is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ]