Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Upcoming Movies

Scoops, news, gossip and rumors abound...

Old Aug 21, 2006, 01:54 PM   #1
HighWiredSith
More Than Just Okay
3,854 flights since Jul 2001
Outlander

A possible Highlander vs. Outland movie? Not really.
Quote:
arl Urban Turns "Outlander" Posted: Monday August 21st 2006 12:26am Source: Production Weekly Author: Garth Franklin Weinstein Company's epic sci-fi creature feature "Outlander" will start principal photography on October 9th for ten weeks in locations around Halifax and British Columbia reports Production Weekly.

Karl Urban ("Doom") is in talks to topline the film, an adventure about a man from another galaxy who crash-lands on Earth at the time of the Vikings, bringing with him an alien predator.

Howard McCain is helming from his own screenplay, which he co-wrote with Dirk Blackman. Patrick Tatopoulos ("I, Robot", "Godzilla") will serve as creature creator.
HighWiredSith is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 04:47 AM   #2
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002
Re: Outlander

Sounds fun, in a 13th Warrior meets Predator kind of way.

I only said that for the reaction it'll receive off Nex when he comes back from his holiday, logs in and reads that. It'll probably be messy
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 04:12 PM   #3
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,103 flights since Jun 2004

Everyone line up and by your spit shields. And plastic tarp.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 02:25 PM   #4
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Outlander begins when a space craft crashes into the majestic fjords of ancient Norway and into the time of the Vikings. From the wreckage emerge two bitter enemies: a soldier from another world Kainan and a bloodthirsty creature known as the Moorwen. Man and monster both seek revenge for violence committed against them. As the Moorwen ravages the Viking world, killing everything in its path, Kainan forms an unlikely alliance with the primitive but fierce warriors. He sure ain't combining his advanced technology with ancient Iron Age weapons, but with a sword made from the metal of his space ship the hero leads a desperate attempt to kill the monster - before it destroys them all.

Cast
James Caviezel as Kainan
Sophia Myles as Freya
Jack Huston as Wulfric
Ron Perlman as Gunnar
John Hurt as Rothgar

anyone see it yet? it was apparently released 1/23/09 at 81 theaters in the US, and wasnt that popular.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2009, 03:25 PM   #5
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

But it looks like ridiculous fun.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:21 PM   #6
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

saw this one the other day, and I gotta say - I am still a Jim Cavaziel uber-fan! Wasnt sure which direction they were going to take, as it really seemed like it could have come from any number of Sci-Fi novels (advanced humans crash land on planet still in earlier ages), but they did a good job without making the storyline to epic to enjoy.

something about it reminded me heavily of The 13th Warrior (another favorite), though in that flick, Antonio Banderas' character had only traveled to a new land/people ....on the same planet. But same idea though: cultural outsider assimilates into a seemingly primitive warrior caste.....oh wait, that was Dances With Wolves......and basically for reason of their own goes "over the wall."

What surprised me was my reaction to the ending - I wanted to other outcome. All in all, good flick.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2010, 11:29 AM   #7
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

Hmm Im going to have to rent it. Looks fun.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Upcoming Movies