Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:11 AM   #76
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004
Re: Forum upgrade

Now that i've gotten used to this...i really don't have any complaints. Other than the established whiteness.....looks to...sterile. yay filth. That and i miss pictures in our sigs.......

.......i miss my teddy bear.....he loved me.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:53 PM   #77
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

Also, just another little thing. I'm not sure if anyone else gets this but every time I come to the site, all the letters and writing are a size too big, and I have to hit Apple for it to go back to normal size. It isn't a huge deal, but is there anyway I can fix this? Like any settings or anything? It isn't my browser options, that's always on normal, not large.

Thanks
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 06:29 AM   #78
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

I decreased the text size to get around that, and I guess I just got used to it on other sites because now everything looks normal.

I love adaptability
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:48 PM   #79
xXx
Sector Marshall
760 flights since Mar 2002

It's not the same site that I knew, then left, then knew, then left, then knew, then left again.

It looks more iFlicks than Sciflicks.
xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:00 PM   #80
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

How long have you been waiting to use that?

On the other hand, I like the idea of being able to buy extortionately priced peripherals for my i-flicks, only to be mugged as soon as I step outside the door.

Last edited by jill_valentine : Aug 20, 2006 at 10:20 PM.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:14 AM   #81
ti[splitter]me
Pilot
35 flights since Aug 2005

waaaaaaa what happened, how long have i been gone, my eyes! my eyes!the world is ending, is there any hope for any of us!!!!!!???????

where did sciflicks go?
ti[splitter]me is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 02:33 PM   #82
Splendiferous
Old One Pikeman
3,132 flights since Mar 2002

Hullo Ramses,

Hopefully you're subscribed to this thread, which means you'll get an email notification that it's been posted in, and hopefully you'll be free to come and have a looksee I could have put it in a PM for the same result, but that's option 2

Don't want to sound like a whiner, but there are two points I'd like to bring up:
  • We've got a new semi-plague of sell-spammers that hopefully won't escalate to 222 proportions...
  • ... and we do really kindof need Supermods of some description please, preferably with the kind of powers to take care of the above kind of problems.
  • Plus, as we've had a few new forums, if anyone else agrees then perhaps when you come back we could have some elections to elect a new moderator, please? Maybe two? Coughcoughjillcoughcough!

Just submitting it for your approval. And crossing my fingers

Thanks!
Splendiferous is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 07:53 PM   #83
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Hey, have you guys seen the new JoBlo profiles? I wish the SciFlicks ones were like them - clicky

Last edited by Nexus : Oct 22, 2006 at 08:18 PM.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:12 PM   #84
Seraph
2,121 flights since Feb 2003

url ain't working
Seraph is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 07:29 PM   #85
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001

Poo.

Oh well, it's very cool. You can store lists and reviews and stuff in there. I think there was a blog too.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 04:46 PM   #86
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004

No offence to Ramses or anyone, but Sciflicks has turned into a great pile of sh*t since it got upgraded. And these ads have caused me to give up. This is the first time I've come on here in months. Have you seen First Contact?! 19 out of twenty something threads are gorram ads.

Anyway, you know, just saying it sucks now.
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 05:03 PM   #87
Sonny
Wing Commander
444 flights since May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifi_lover
No offence to Ramses or anyone, but Sciflicks has turned into a great pile of sh*t since it got upgraded. And these ads have caused me to give up. This is the first time I've come on here in months. Have you seen First Contact?! 19 out of twenty something threads are gorram ads.

Anyway, you know, just saying it sucks now.

Im inclined to agree here; not so much with the upgrade but with all the frigging spam. I don't know if this is intentional or not but it will certainly piss off any noob when all he wants to read about is SF stuff, but has to trawl through a load of mobile ads and other ****e just to get to the other side!

Are these ads intentional or will the mods do something about it? Something needs to be done because Im starting to lose interest. I know I don't count for much round here but all the same I thought this site rocked months ago!
Sonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 05:30 PM   #88
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

As much as we want to, there's only so much we mods can do with the current level of power we have.

We need to do something about this ungodly ammount of spam, no doubt about it. Sciflicks has changed, but I'm not sure the change was what everyone was expecting and antecipating for so long.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Administrative Nexus > Suggestions and problems