Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Virus (1999)

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Virus (1999)

Life on earth is in for a shock. | guide

Old Aug 19, 2002, 09:46 AM   #1
LEVIATHANTICUS
n/a flights since
Talking virus=thing+machines

virus is the thing but with machines. a machine from outerspace. it was a dark horse comic. good movie adaption.
Old Sep 29, 2002, 06:25 AM   #2
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: virus=thing+machines

What s this about? And don't say "a virus"...
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2002, 02:58 AM   #3
Ivan
formerly known as Ivanhoe
1,574 flights since Nov 2000

A strange beam of light from an alien ship hits a Russian battle ship. The beam uploaded a form of AI program into ship’s computer system. It started to learn from data they had available and concluded that humans are in fact a virus on our planet.

By using ships electronics and mechanics it started to create a new race. A cross between biological material from humans and electrical elements. Off course the rest of the crew had a problem with that.
Ivan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2002, 02:30 AM   #4
Charlie
Wing Commander
342 flights since Mar 2002

It was probably worked better as a comic. In the film it was a constant barrage of blood and action--sometimes difficult to keep track of what the story was about!
A good cast that led me expect more---
Charlie is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2002, 08:51 PM   #5
Unregistered
n/a flights since

!?!? I didn't even realize it had a story. I just saw some mechanical things turning people into robots.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 09:40 PM   #6
The one......
Sector Marshall
600 flights since Dec 2002

only saw this film tonight, and my impression was ok.Not great by any means but watchable with good umm human/machines.

However the best concept of it for me was the 'virus' idea bout us humans. I did have to sit back and consider that phrase and laughed at the 'spare parts' bit. Unfortunately this was the only original idea in the whole film.
The one...... is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2004, 08:47 AM   #7
mulletman
n/a flights since

Actually the 'alien space ship' is a rusian space station (whether its spossed to be mir or not i dont know), and the strange beam of light is a senitent life form (most likely some kind of highly evolved alien, but could be a massively advanced alien software virus, or even that ol' sci-fi faithfull evil itself).

I kinda liked this film, most likely cause i have a morbid interest in alien/robot hybrids.

For some reason this film really reminded of deep rising dont know why?
Old May 6, 2004, 05:49 AM   #8
B Rh POS
Wing Commander
455 flights since Apr 2004

This is one of the funnier movies I've seen. Donald Sutherland should becomes a comdian.
B Rh POS is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ S -- Z ] > Virus (1999)