Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

A secret experiment. A deadly virus. A fatal mistake.

Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:22 AM   #1
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002
Question about the games.

I have only played Resident Evil 1 and 2. After that I just stopped playing, don't know why; I don't hate them. Anyways, I'd like to play the series again. But now there are quite a bit of them out and I am not sure which ones to get. What do you guys prefer?
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2003, 07:46 AM   #2
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002
Re: Question about the games.

ok, my list of top resi games in order
All but Dead Aim, have I played, The series peaked with Resi 2, after that, things wern't the same

1. Resident evil 2 (pc)
2. resident Evil Rebirth ( Gamecube)
3. Resident Evil Zero ( Gamecube)
4. Resident Evil Code Veronica X ( Ps2)
5. Resident Evil : Gaiden ( GB colour)
6. Resident evil : Nemesis (ps1)
7: Resident Evil : Survivor (Ps1)
8: Resident Evil (ps1)

Never get
Resident evil : Code Veronica: Survivor 2
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:32 PM   #3
Hulij-bpe_Guan
Wing Commander
236 flights since Feb 2004
Location: Yautja Homeworld; sometimes on a blooded-only hunt ship.

Personally, I like them all except the FPS ones. they have yet to master those...

and ive never heard of rebirth...is it good?
Hulij-bpe_Guan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 03:10 AM   #4
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Resident Evil Code Veronica X ( Ps2)

This is the only one I have, and I cant get past the Albinoid in the ariplane!

I have played it OVER and OVER and OVER again, but I cant seem to save enuf ammo to get the 2nd one. . . .

HELP PLEASE. . . . .please?
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2004, 05:48 AM   #5
Darth Bob
The Eld

Albinoid? Airplane?

you fight the tyrant in the airplane, and that's simple a matter of just shooting him with the big guns (shotgun, grenade launcher) till he's weak then releasing a crate which smashes him out of the plane, if he's not weaken enough he'll knock it back, and you get to try again,

and Rebirth is the cube remake, it's brilliant, expanded storyline, better graphics, and Better Voice acting,

and mack, get resident evil 2... it is the pinnacle of Resident evil, and the best you can get for the sony console.. or pc...
and has the best replayabilty value of the lot,
2 discs 2 chrs,
leon and claire,
each with an A and B scenario,
beating Leon A gets the Claire B
beating Claire A gets Leon B

A means they start on one side of a car crash, and B on the side,
Old May 10, 2004, 08:44 AM   #6
mack
misanthrope

I love this game! I plan on getting more RE games as soon as I beat this one (and maybe the Devil May Cry demo that came with it), but seriously, I understand HOW to beat the airplane albinoid, I just cant seem to save up enuf ammo b/t the Bandersnatchers, dogs, Nosferatu, and zombies. Ive gone so far as to only kill the zombies w/a knife, saving the bullets/ammo for Nosferatu and Bandersnatchers, but somehow, it gets out of control, and I run out of enuf powerful ammo by the time I hit the 2nd Albinoid, cuz I used it all on the first one!
Old May 11, 2004, 03:10 AM   #7
Darth Bob
The Eld

Well it'd help if you stopped calling it an Albinoid, it's a goddamn Tyrant,

TYRANT, the T in T-virus ,

Albinoid

Tyrant

See the difference, and the only way your going to have enough ammo is to AVOID fighting as much as possible, to search and find all the hidden ammo stash's, Save the Duel pistols for the tyrant Fight, especially avoid dogs where ever possible, and don't try to avoid using the knife, it isn't the best weapon, but it is more useful than in other incarnations of the game,

oh and here's a trick for conserving life, and maybe some ammo
when you make the eagle medal out of the Tg-01 alloy, before you take it, set off the metal detectors, so the zombies can't break the windows, then pick up the medal, put the metal item in the storage box, and then reset the system,

you get the medal, the zombies stay locked in, and thus life and precious ammo are saved, also take the fire extinguisher with you, especially if you want the magnum,
Old May 11, 2004, 05:33 AM   #8
mack
misanthrope

Yeah--people keep saying that bit about the fire extimguisher, but what is the deal w/that? Does it come into play after they depart in the airplane, b/c every time I take it w/me, it is cumbersome, and I find absolutely NO use for it. But the cheats keep saying Claire needs it to get the magnum . . .
Old May 11, 2004, 09:37 AM   #9
Darth Bob
The Eld

That's why you drop it into a chest / crates as soon as you can, and you need to re-fuel it in the place you arrive after beating the tyrant,

and I think the best thing you could do is buy one of the earlier games, and learn the skills you need to be an effective survivor..
Old May 11, 2004, 01:33 PM   #10
mack
misanthrope

Hey Buddy!

*indignant smile*

I am VERY GOOD with my knife, thank you very much. I eat zombies for breakfast. Its just that I waste my bullets on . . .Bandersnatchers. . . And I take time to KILL EVERYTHING MOVING. They must all die. oh yes. (ok, I concede that when I go back to the beginning stages, I run past them to get to Nosferatu. . )
Old May 11, 2004, 03:43 PM   #11
Darth Bob
The Eld

Quote:
Originally posted by mack
Hey Buddy!

*indignant smile*

I am VERY GOOD with my knife, thank you very much. I eat zombies for breakfast. Its just that I waste my bullets on . . .Bandersnatchers. . . And I take time to KILL EVERYTHING MOVING. They must all die. oh yes. (ok, I concede that when I go back to the beginning stages, I run past them to get to Nosferatu. . )

I give up, I've offerd all the help I can, you've got to learn
Resident evil is not about killing everything in sight, it's about survival, conserving ammo for when you need it, avoiding fights as much as possible,

and until you start learning not to pull the ****ing trigger,
your just going to keep dying and failing,

Take my advice, because let's face it, I'm one of the best ****ing resident evil players on this site,
I have played and beaten them all...

and you are a Novice , a nobody, someone who doesn't even know the difference between the tyrant and the albinoid,

Survial Horror is my gaming genre of choice, I am a master, a king, I have plunged the depths, unlocked all the secrets,

So start listening little girl, and start taking notes, because Im only saying this Once More,

AVOID COMBAT WHERE EVER POSSIBLE!

~end of rant~
Old May 11, 2004, 04:08 PM   #12
mack
misanthrope

*prostrates self before the Grand Master of Everything Resident Evil*

"Im not worthy! Im not worthy!"

thanks for the help btw.
Old May 22, 2004, 09:09 PM   #13
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

The only game where killing everything is an option is RE3, which, while a commendable effort to do something different with an RE game, and of course Jillcentric, is otherwise one of the weakest of the non-FPS RE games.

Its also the first RE game I ever bought.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2004, 09:38 PM   #14
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

Come to think of it, I have played a bit of Resident Evil 3, though I think I stopped really early in the game. Eh, I'm quite content with having just played one and two, especially since people are saying that two is the best in the series.

I got Resident Evil when it first came out, scared that crap out of me, even with the crapy dialog. But that was probabely becuase I was really young. Though when you enter the hallway, having come from the dinning room(?), and have your first good look at a zombie in the cut seen...
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 04:59 AM   #15
mack
misanthrope

ok guys, I know that RPG = role playing game, but what in the world is FPS? (i used to know. . I think. . . )

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]