Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

A secret experiment. A deadly virus. A fatal mistake.

Old Oct 16, 2004, 08:04 AM   #31
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002
Re: I love...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cricketlighter
I love Resident Evil Games. I would like to get the new one, but we do not have a Playstation 2 yet. I know, I know, I know, but we don't. Hopefully at Christmas we will have. Besides Resident Evil I love Tomb Raider, and my sister would play those often in the years passed. We were practically raised on them thinking Jill as one of us. Hehe. Her adventure was ours.

Resident evil.... playstation 2?

please excuse me, I have to go laugh until my head falls off, because thats one of the funniest things i ever heard...

resident evil on the ps2 what a hoot...

because as all die-hard fans already know, the gamecube is going to get them all... seriously,
it already has
Resident evil zero
Resident evil: rebirth
Resident evil 2
resident evil 3 : nemesis
Resident evil : code veronica x

and it's the only console that will be getting

Resident evil 4, which has leon and a chainsaw in... which will have awesome graphics compared to Resident evil zero, and Zero has better graphics than the majority of PS2 games, (it really shows off the gamecubes graphical and processing power)

Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 08:24 AM   #32
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
Re: Question about the games.

(Drools over new game) Sweet. When does that come out again?

I wish they'd get a game together bringing Claire, Chris, Jill and Leon all together again. We've kind of seen various aspects of this in the 'Resident Evil' books by S.D. Perry, the ones that didn't deal with the games themselves, like Caliban Cove, and Underworld.
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 04:07 PM   #33
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Oh, you guys are making me want to play it and I am sans my PS2... Arrrrgh!!!

So Gamecube is really the only one getting 4, huh? That really SUCKS! I cant stand marketing sometimes. Its so unfair to do use the fans as a way to force them to buy a specific console.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 10:01 AM   #34
Darth Bob
The Eld

Quote:
Originally posted by mack
Oh, you guys are making me want to play it and I am sans my PS2... Arrrrgh!!!

So Gamecube is really the only one getting 4, huh? That really SUCKS! I cant stand marketing sometimes. Its so unfair to do use the fans as a way to force them to buy a specific console.

Well thats your tough luck, and it doesn't suck, it makes sense, the resident evil series creator dislikes the ps2, for the simple fact that alot of the first generation ps2's broke alot, so he had his revenge by making resident evil primarily a nintendo franchise,

and other reasons why the switch was good is because the ps2 is notoriously difficult to develope games for, whereas the gamecube has the same power as a ps2 and possibly better graphic processing power and is alot easier to develope games for,

and do you know how difficult it is to develope one game for more than one platform? it's more that just changing small pieces of code, each system has a differnt coding language,

so from a buisness point of view, it costs less money and time to develope a gamecube game than it does to develope a ps2 game,

At first i was worried about getting a gamecube, but now I know I made the right choice in getting it,

let's face it, the ps2 doesn't have many titles coming out that are worth getting, but the gamecube has several
(the new resident evil and the new zelda game, to name but two)
Old Oct 18, 2004, 01:44 PM   #35
mack
misanthrope

And they wonder why I sometimes boycott console gaming. Your point makes excellent sense, but it really ends unwell for the consumer.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 07:56 PM   #36
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Ah well, that's why I have both the PS2 and the Cube. I have yet to get the Xbox tho.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 08:01 PM   #37
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Much as I love everything the little cube represents, I'm a little fearful for it's future. 'Tis just possible that evil Sony whores like me might just get RE4 at some point in the future.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 03:50 AM   #38
Darth Bob
The Eld

Quote:
Originally posted by jill_valentine
Much as I love everything the little cube represents, I'm a little fearful for it's future. 'Tis just possible that evil Sony whores like me might just get RE4 at some point in the future.

tell me... Got resident evil zero on the ps2 yet? no? didn't think so,

and i am quiet optimistic about the cubes future, because it has resident evil 4, and the new zelda, and several other games...

Granted it didn't get the best launch in history, and it had a rocky start, and anyway, sony seems more intrested in their psp, which i predict will loose out to the nintendo DS
Old Oct 25, 2004, 10:56 PM   #39
mack
misanthrope

Ok, can somebody list the games in proper playing ORDER (console be darned) for me? I say this because I have been looking nonstop online, and the best order I can seem to find is this one from the Capcom site:

Resident Evil Zero (GameCube - 3/2003)

Resident Evil (GameCube/PS/Saturn - 04/1996)
----------------------Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PS - 09/1997) (Resident Evil: Director's Cut is a rerelease of Resident Evil and is essentially the same game as the original. New features include a few new outfits, minor surprises, various gameplay modes, and the Resident Evil 2 demo (which came with it when Director's Cut was first released)

Resident Evil 2 (GameCube/64/PS/Dreamcast - 01/1998)
----------------------Resident Evil 2: Dual Shock (PS - 11/1998)

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (GameCube/PS/Dreamcast/PC - 11/1999)

Resident Evil: Survivor (Gun Survivor 1) (PS/PC - 03/2000)

Resident Evil: Survivor 2 (Gun Survivor 2) (Arcade/PS2 - 11/2001)

Resident Evil: Code Veronica (X) (GameCube/PS2/Dreamcast - 08/2001)

Resident Evil Gaiden (GameBoy - 6/2002)

Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2 - 03/30/2004)
----------------------Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2 (PS2 - Winter 2004)

Resident Evil Dead Aim (Gun Survivor 3) (PS2 - 06/2003)

Resident Evil 4 (GameCube - 1/11/2005)

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/resid...es/index.shtml

--and I agree with Jill, Bob, that Sony is going to take RE4 and make it their own. Count on it.

Further edit: Ive revised that opinion after much searching--it looks as though they do a lot of back and forth with the RE games. Sucks a lot.

Last edited by mack : Oct 26, 2004 at 12:32 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 12:39 AM   #40
mack
misanthrope

If you look at it time wise, though, you can see how the games ACTUALLY stacked up according to release dates:

2005 - RE4
Winter 2004 - RE Outbreak File 2
3/2004 - RE Outbreak
6/2003 - RE Dead Aim
3/2003 - RE Zero
6/2002 - RE Gaiden
11/2001 - RE Gun Survivor 2
8/2001 - RE Code Veronica (X)
3/2000 - RE Gun Survivor 1
11/1999 - RE Nemesis
11/1998 - RE2 Dual Shock
1/1998 - RE2
4/1996 RE

So I guess I answered my own question. Thanks anyway to all!
Old Nov 1, 2004, 09:24 AM   #41
mack
misanthrope
Wink Well Bob, youre wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bob
so from a buisness point of view, it costs less money and time to develope a gamecube game than it does to develope a ps2 game,

Resident Evil 4 coming to PS2
Formerly GameCube-exclusive entry in Capcom's survival horror series will appear on PlayStation 2 in 2005.

Capcom announced today that the long-awaited follow-up to its popular survival horror franchise, originally planned to appear only on the GameCube console, is also headed to Sony's PlayStation2.

The PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 is currently slated to be released at the end of 2005 in Japan, the US, and Europe. The GameCube version is still scheduled for a January 2005 release in the US and Japan, followed by a spring release in Europe.

In a statement released today, Capcom said that the decision to make Resident Evil 4 go cross-platform was based on requests from fans worldwide, market considerations, and shareholder requests. The statement made mention of the fact that each version of the game will be developed to take advantage of the strengths of the respective platform.

In September 2001, Capcom held a press conference in Tokyo to announce that the Resident Evil series would thereafter be released exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube. Capcom first produced a visually overhauled remake of the very first Resident Evil title, which was originally released for the PlayStation in the mid '90s, and followed suit with a brand-new prequel called Resident Evil 0 and ports of Resident Evil 2, 3, and Code: Veronica.

But as soon as the deal was cemented between Capcom and Nintendo, cracks started to appear. Early in 2002, Capcom announced that an online Resident Evil title, Resident Evil: Outbreak, was exclusively headed to the PlayStation 2. Later that year, the publisher seemed to reaffirm its relationship with Nintendo when it announced four more GameCube-exclusive games alongside Resident Evil 4. Then one of them, Dead Phoenix, was canceled, and PS2 versions of two of the other games, Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7, were subsequently announced. Nevertheless, if Capcom sticks to the current release plan, Resident Evil 4 will remain exclusive to the GameCube hardware for roughly one year.

By Chris Kohler -- GameSpot
POSTED: 10/31/04 07:56 PM PST

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10...ws_6111911.htm
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:58 AM   #42
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander

Well, so much for GC exclusive. You were wrong Bob
Old Feb 13, 2005, 08:41 PM   #43
mack
misanthrope

Wooo hooo! I just bought Resident Evil: Nemesis yesterday and despite only calling myself "trying it on for size" ended up "trying it on for size" for several hours. WITHOUT saving, because as I now know--my PS2 save card will not save PS one games. You know, I thought this game would be sadly outdated in graphics, being that it is a Play Station game, and weve gladly graduated to the PS2 and beyond era, but I was not at all dissappointed in the game. The graphics were slightly simpler, to be sure---but the entire game, and setup was the exact same as RE: Code Veronica, and RE: Outbreak. Same save sequences, same boxes, same moves, etc. (Far more AMMO, and save boxes, though--I guess they called themselves making the game harder with the second generation platforms... ).

Being that I am a RE: Code Veronica trainee I easily serve them up DEAD with Jill Valentine in Nemesis----almost like taking candy from a baby. I laid Nemesis out twice, and let me tell you, if was easy-peasy, and quite fun. Of course, if the movie Apocalypse is any indication, he isnt dead yet, but will still show up moaning "STARS" at some inopportune time....like when I am getting close to Carlos.

Which reminds me. They should have left Oded with long hair to play Carlos in the movie---it would have been truer to the game.

All in all I have to say that so far, other than SuperAlice, the movie is following the game quite well. I really dont see what all the fuss is about. (Yes, Im talking to YOU.)

Oh. And Jill Valentine is admittedly far cooler than Claire Redfield, but I say that's because Clare is still supposed to be a youth. The backstory on Jill is bit more complicated and shall we say, storied, while Clare is all innocence and virtue and self-righteous rage pointed in a very good direction.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 04:18 PM   #44
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally posted by mack

All in all I have to say that so far, other than SuperAlice, the movie is following the game quite well. I really dont see what all the fuss is about. (Yes, Im talking to YOU.)

Oh. And Jill Valentine is admittedly far cooler than Claire Redfield, but I say that's because Clare is still supposed to be a youth. The backstory on Jill is bit more complicated and shall we say, storied, while Clare is all innocence and virtue and self-righteous rage pointed in a very good direction.

You're right. I've been replaying it lately, and I'd forgotten about that sequence in Re3 when Jill charges through the stained glass on a bike, then shoots everything, then Kung Foo fights Umbrella!!!11!!! And then she flies off to join the X Men. And falls in love with Wolverine. Because she's teh kewlest!11!!!11!

Psst - Jill_Valentine was my second choice. Because Claire Redfield, and any permutation of it, was already claimed by some other Yahoo! chatter. Claire isn't all that innocent and virtous - she's a biker with a knife strapped to her shoulder when we meet her first...
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 07:57 PM   #45
mack
misanthrope

Oh I dont know----you understand that I met her character as the incarnated "Little Sister" of Chris Redfield. And like all little sisters, she's kind of pesky, but has a gumption you just cant fault her for. The game with Clare was harder (a later game, though) and it almost makes Clare out to be less frou-frou. Notice she's wearing full attire: pants leg holster, boots, etc. Clare (RE:CVX) seems like she came to do business. Stomp some monster butt, and all that Jazz. Jill? Its her Day Job to stomp a perp.

Really its almost like for Clare its this big adventure; for Jill, it business as usual. Oh yeah. And a mystery of whodunit? is involved.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]