Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

A secret experiment. A deadly virus. A fatal mistake.

Old Jan 6, 2005, 02:53 AM   #16
scifi_lover
Trust No One
1,049 flights since Jan 2004
Re: A Few Answers: Why Resident Evil Movies Dont Follow the Games

Quote:
Originally posted by mack
So Im surfing the web looking for something mildy related to Milla
Okay firsty thing's first. Anything at all you want related to Milla ANYWHERE I can show you>.>;. No... no I'm not obsessed... wherever did you get that idea?
scifi_lover is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:50 AM   #17
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Paul Anderson: "I'm a huge fan of the Resident Evil games and have played all of them. As a die-hard fan, I wanted a movie version that is respectful of it, builds on its premise and delivers on its promise. To be scary you have to be unpredictable - and that's why I wanted to use a set of fresh characters. We couldn't use the Jill Valentine character from the first game, for example, as the fans would know she wasn't going to be killed because she pops up in the later games. The suspense dynamic of who is going to live, who is going to die and what people's allegiances are was only going to work with new characters. This approach also fits in with the world of the game which is constantly expanding and introducing new characters and locations."

Cop out, plain and simple. What makes Jill so interesting to me is that you genuinely do fear for her life. If the script had been in any way competent, I would have been more than happy to kill her off in the first film. Nemesis could have killed her. The virus could have killed her. Wesker could have killed her. The bomb could have killed her. Any of these things, I would have been happy with in the hands of a capable script and a director with an attention span. In fact, I would have been ecstatic if they brought her in and killed her off, because that would have taken me completely by surprise. Why didn't they just let me make this film? Stupid bastards always make that mistake...
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 04:33 PM   #18
Unregistered
n/a flights since

hey, chill out, why is everyone knocking anderson? ****
Old Feb 2, 2005, 08:24 PM   #19
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Quote:
Originally posted by OptimusPrime75
Anderson blew it. Plain and simple, just most any film franchise he gets his hands on.

maybe your just a ****
Old Feb 2, 2005, 08:33 PM   #20
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

Indeed.

You know I'm just getting madder and madder over that interview. What the hell would people have said if Peter Jackson said "Ooh, we aren't going to feature the damn Ring in these films because everybody knows what happens to that..." ARGH!!
Old Feb 2, 2005, 08:49 PM   #21
Unregistered
n/a flights since

it;s not andersons fault everybody blames him
Old Feb 2, 2005, 08:56 PM   #22
jill_valentine
Us kids know.

I won't say it was entirely his fault. He's already proven himself capable of sci/horror, so he's not completely inept, I suppose, and it would have taken more than one pair of hands to make a film fail in every single aspect. But as Writer/ Director he takes ultimate reponsibility for it. It's a mediocre film that becomes an abomination next to the source material, and he gave it his seal of approval, and made excuses for it's failings before it was even released.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 08:58 PM   #23
Unregistered
n/a flights since

you have a point there..

(god i feel stupid. I wishi could figure stuff like that out,and also explain it.)
Old Feb 7, 2005, 06:21 PM   #24
King
Wing Commander
205 flights since Aug 2003

I hadn't played through RE:0 but having Rebecca go through all that (fighting a Prototype Tyrant, ETC) to being the naive recruit she is in RE:1 doesn't really fit, of course maybe they change the way she is in the Gamcube remake of RE:1.
King is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 05:21 PM   #25
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

you've got to understand by the time resident evil happens, rebbeca would be physically and mentallly drained...

anyones bound to be acting out of sorts under those conditions
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 05:25 PM   #26
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

There is a small plot gap in that respect, but it don't ****ING MATTER!!!!!!! Re zero did a much better job of being a prequal than Paul Anderson's poor excuse for a movie ever thought of doing. When you make a movie about a game, its because people wish to see the game made into a movie. Not a completely new movie with maybe 2% of the game element and name. I can understand some people liking the movie, but i haven't met anyone who thinks that Anderson's movie would have been better than a good representation of the game. GOD! I hate Paul Anderson.

His good movies: Event Horizon
Mortal Kombat 1

Bad movies: Everything else he's done.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 06:00 PM   #27
King
Wing Commander

It could have been much worse, the guy that did House of the Dead could have been the one to make it, and then it would have been a horrible peice of sh!t instead of a decent movie.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 06:11 PM   #28
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

Why do you remind me of that horrible bastardization?!! WHY?! OH GOD WHY?!!!!!!
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 09:07 AM   #29
King
Wing Commander

Hahaha, did you hear that that @sshole did Alone in the Dark as well?
I hope he never works in gaming movies again.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 05:19 PM   #30
broken tusk
Wing Commander
461 flights since Jul 2003

Well he has the right to alot of good games. Although someone hacked his site. They made it al white with the words Please stop making movies on it. Think he'll get the point?
broken tusk is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]