Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

A secret experiment. A deadly virus. A fatal mistake.

Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:56 AM   #1
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002
Resident Evil 4 coming to PS2.

I know this isn't entirely movie related, but fans of the series should find this to be good news none the less.

Quote:
Capcom announced today that the long-awaited follow-up to its popular survival horror franchise, which was originally scheduled to appear only on the GameCube console, is also headed to Sony's PlayStation 2.

The PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 is currently slated to be released at the end of 2005 in Japan, the US, and Europe. The GameCube version is still scheduled for a January 2005 release in the US and Japan, followed by a spring release in Europe.

In a statement released today, Capcom revealed that the decision to make Resident Evil 4 go cross-platform was based on requests from fans worldwide, in addition to market considerations and shareholder requests. The statement also made mention that each version of the game will be developed to take advantage of the strengths of its intended platform.

In September 2001, Capcom held a press conference in Tokyo to announce that the Resident Evil series would thereafter be released exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube. Capcom first produced a visually overhauled remake of the very first Resident Evil title, which was originally released for the PlayStation in the mid-'90s, and followed suit with a brand-new prequel called Resident Evil 0 and ports of Resident Evil 2, 3, and Code: Veronica.

However, as soon as the deal was cemented between Capcom and Nintendo, cracks started to appear. Early in 2002, Capcom announced that an online Resident Evil title, Resident Evil: Outbreak, was exclusively headed to the PlayStation 2. Later that year, the publisher seemed to reaffirm its relationship with Nintendo when it announced four more GameCube-exclusive games alongside Resident Evil 4. Then, one of them, Dead Phoenix, was canceled, and PS2 versions of two of the other games, Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7, were subsequently announced. Nevertheless, if Capcom sticks to the current release plan, Resident Evil 4 will remain exclusive to the GameCube hardware for roughly one year.

The series that started on Playstation is returning to PlayStation. About damn time...

I liked resident 1 and 2. 3 was alright, but I thought it could have been better. I never did play Code Veronica, or Zero(I'm not ever getting a GameCube). I got burnt out on the series. But if all turns out well, I'll be playing 4.

To bad we wont see it for another year.

Last edited by Kieraganion : Nov 28, 2004 at 09:43 AM.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2004, 04:30 PM   #2
Drone
Sector Marshall
584 flights since Jun 2002
Re: Resident Evil 4 comming to PS2.

If anyone else was posting this (someone who could spell?!), I'd say "sweet!"

You're an idiot.
Drone is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2004, 10:35 PM   #3
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Ill probably get it sooner or later.

On ps2.

What was that about Sony not having pull again? Huh? I cant hear you? what was that? huh? nothing?

I THOUGHT SO.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 09:00 AM   #4
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

So what if it's not exclusive, don't bother me none, you can have it along with the awfully easy to break ps2 pads

Gamecube has Rebirth and Zero as exclusives, and honestly the cube is much faster at loading than the ps2 is,

And mack, stop being so goddamn arrogant, it's not big and clever to say "I thought so" , I think alot of things, like your a ****ing idiot and you act more like a teeny bopper than anything else, but I don't go around saying "I thought so" everytime you proove me right

everything I said about Resi 4 was true at the time
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 10:02 AM   #5
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Settle down, children.

And for the record, not taking sides of anything, just setting it straight based on facts and performance comparisons made by independent entities, the PS2 still is, after all this time and the X-Box/Gamecube competition, the best all-'round console in the market.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 06:39 PM   #6
mack
misanthrope
Thumbs down a little oversensitive are we? lighten up, English.

Did it take you 2 weeks to catch that, or 2 weeks to think up a "cool" reply?

You were provably wrong, we were provably right. Deal with it. And after you figure out who your friends are, learn to take a joke. Itll help you in the long run.

ALL TIME IDIOT POST:

Quote:
I think alot of things, like your a ****ing idiot and you act more like a teeny bopper than anything else, but I don't go around saying "I thought so" everytime you proove me right

Yes, but what I think is is factually correct, and what you think is your personal opinion. I cry myself to sleep at night over the alienation of your 18 year old affection. Open mouth. Insert foot.

Here's an idea: take the piss out of whoever really made you mad, take the piss out of unregistereds spamming the forums, and take the piss out of people who are really picking on you. Learn the difference. And get over the bruised ego.

Hey, if anything, this turn of events with the PS2 will teach you that youre not always right next time youre so emphatic about your own opinion. Is that a bad thing? Scary.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 02:14 AM   #7
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

It may have escaped your notice Mack, But I said I didn't care and there's also the fact that most of my time has been with half life 2, and at the time you said it would come to ps2 it was your personal opinion, there was no fact, it has become fact, Just like what I said,

And it IS a fact that the ps2 is harder to develope for than the Ps2.

And talk about Idiot post

Quote:
Hey, if anything, this turn of events with the PS2 will teach you that youre not always right next time youre so emphatic about your own opinion. Is that a bad thing? Scary.

Read my last post again, I'm pretty certain I said something like

"Everything I said about Resident evil 4 was true at the time"

Which It was... and still is , Resident evil 4 will be a cube Exclusive for about a year, and a year in game time is a long time, Games can get cancelled in that time,

I'm also pretty certain I said I don't care, I have a ps2, I have a gamecube, I am getting an X-box... I have a Gba SP... and when it comes to Resident evil games the Cube is faster at loading than the ps2.

And on personal opinion, when it comes down to it, alot of things in this world is based on personal opinion, Wars are thought over personal opinions and belifes, do not belittle them, because you are belittling your own as well.
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 06:46 PM   #8
mack
misanthrope
Arrow get over it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Bob
personal opinions and belifes, do not belittle them, because you are belittling your own as well.

Of course. Im not so caught in my own ego that Im an emotional wreck because someone doesnt agree with me. Its a part of life, so get used to it. Had I been wrong, Im sure I couldve stood a little good natured teasing from a buddy.

There are times to take yourself seriously, and times not to. Its a game. And I was only teasing you. But I thought that basic social interaction went without saying. Are things THAT different across the water?

..or...maybe you just want attention?
Old Nov 22, 2004, 08:27 PM   #9
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

He spelled beliefs wrong. (Beavis Impression) Hehe heh hehheh hehe
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 04:18 PM   #10
mack
misanthrope

Now about the PS2. I love it. Still. And did you h ear that they are now coming out with a network ready PS2 that is slimmer and faster?

*salivates* I want one. I gotta get into this online gaming. Especially now that RE: Outbreak allows you to play with partners (wow...that sounds so..interpetable. .. *waggles eyebrows*).

I want to play.
I want to play.
I want to play.

Ok. NOw that that little pre-holiday silliness is expressed, more.....silliness!

CAn someone explain the PSX to me?
Old Nov 28, 2004, 10:00 AM   #11
Kieraganion
Sector Marshall
782 flights since Oct 2002

The PSX became the name of the original Playstation when the PSOne was released. Both PSOne and the upcoming PSTwo are light weight alternatives to their original brothers. Though I admit that the PSTwo is looking to be better than the PSOne was. So long as you can stand not having a hardrive. (Is this actually true? Or do they plan on releasing an external version of the hardive that you can plug into the PSTwo?)

The PlayStation, aka PSX

The PSOne

The PS2

The PSTwo.

A comparison of the PSTwo(left) and the PS2(right).

Quote:
Originally posted by Drone
If anyone else was posting this (someone who could spell?!), I'd say "sweet!"

You're an idiot.
Shove it, assmunch. You have had far more spelling errors than I.

Last edited by Kieraganion : Nov 28, 2004 at 10:12 AM.
Kieraganion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 01:19 PM   #12
broken tusk
Wing Commander
461 flights since Jul 2003

So when the hell is this game coming out?
broken tusk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 02:57 PM   #13
Optimus Prime
Autobot Commander
2,027 flights since Dec 2003
Location: Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

The Gamecube version arrives on Jan 12th
Optimus Prime is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 05:25 PM   #14
King
Wing Commander
205 flights since Aug 2003

So at least this game will be out on PS2 again. I'm still not happy that they ****ed the plot.
King is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 04:13 PM   #15
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

Eh, they didn't **** up the plot. Its capcoms game, they can have any plot they want. And on another note...........

I LOVE THIS GAME!! I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, ABSOLUTELY ****ING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Its a brilliant game, love the new features in it. I do miss the basic zombies though, but those damn things that pop out of peoples heads are great.

Did i mention i love this game?
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]