Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

A secret experiment. A deadly virus. A fatal mistake.

Old Jan 25, 2005, 10:59 PM   #1
broken tusk
Wing Commander
461 flights since Jul 2003
Resident Evil 4

The game is a bit diffrent when lined up to all the other games in the series. For 1 there is a new aiming system. There's a laser sight on all the gun exept for the sniper rifle. The laser sight is great it really helps with shooting them in the head. Plus these a murchent through out the game that lets you buy upgrades.

Down side you can't turn down the difficulty until you bet it frist.
broken tusk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:46 AM   #2
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Resident Evil 4

why would you want to turn the difficulty down once youve beaten it?
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 10:56 AM   #3
broken tusk
Wing Commander
461 flights since Jul 2003

It's not that ppl want to turn the difficulty down after they beat. Alot of gamers play through games on easy the frist time through. Most of the time I play normal, but sometimes thats a bit time hard so I start a new game on easy beat it, then play through on normal or hard.
broken tusk is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 05:59 PM   #4
King
Wing Commander
205 flights since Aug 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Tack
why would you want to turn the difficulty down once youve beaten it?

Agreed, most people play the game on easy first, and then after they beat it they move up to the next difficulty, why they decided to do it the way they have for this new game I do not know.
King is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 06:05 PM   #5
King
Wing Commander
205 flights since Aug 2003

The way they changed the plot for this game pisses me off anyway, and they had kindof a lame excuse for it, like "Oh the US goverment would not allow a company like this to continue existance after the events of RE:2" even if that was so, Umbrella was based all over the world, and after Re:2 and RE:CV, the remaining main characters of the game were going to take on Umbrella head on, which IMO would have been awesome, they could have done one big finale or even a few more games to show the downfall of Umbrella at the hands of the main characters. But instead they just scrap it and totally change one of the RE series's main themes. It seems pretty stupid if you ask me.
King is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 06:50 AM   #6
Darth Bob
The Eld
1,279 flights since Sep 2002

well look at the facts, lord spencer ran umbrella with the ashfords...

the Ashfords are dead as of resident evil CV

With the crimes against humanity , it's likely lord spencer was locked up, and when the stock prices fell, all the money was gone,

No money = no company,
Umbrella was defeated, it could no longer afford to run it's massive bio-labs, however we know that there are still samples of all the viruses out there

some held by wesker and his new company, which is so far nameless, Some held by police and research agencies ( Luis sera in Resi 4 refers to seeing a sample of the T-virus in a police station, SO obviously the knowledge of what umbrella did is by now public)

Do we have reason to doubt Luis? not really, throught the game, his only objective is to help leon and Ashley (is it me or do the resident evil team have a thing for names begining with the letter A?), sure he knew more than he was saying, but that was because he helped saddler research the las plagos,

could he have been a cop and a researcher? Sure, everyone in resident evil has had like 5 jobs before they were 20, (look at chris and jill resume in Resident evil, they might has well put Ex-presidents of the US)
Darth Bob is offline Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 05:52 PM   #7
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

Wasn't Chris kicked out of the Air Force or something like that? I can't remember, been a while since i played the first.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2005, 06:20 PM   #8
Darth Bob
The Eld

Quote:
Originally posted by Demosthemighty
Wasn't Chris kicked out of the Air Force or something like that? I can't remember, been a while since i played the first.

he was recruited by barry burton, It's all in the original psone handbook, but having 2+ jobs is nothing new.

anyway, I'm wondering what there going to do for resident evil 5, they've moved the series away from horror and more towards action, what they need to do now is create something which has the best of both, something with the action of resi4 but with the atmosphere of resi2
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:47 AM   #9
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

I'd rather see one with the creepyness of RE1. Much creepier than the second one.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 03:50 AM   #10
Darth Bob
The Eld

but resi 2 had a much better story and you know i never felt truely safe in the police station, in the mansion I have felt safe (not often but sometimes)

the mansion never had the feeling that it was under siege, the police station was basically one step away from being over run
Old Jun 20, 2005, 03:58 AM   #11
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

But the mansion had that feeling that you never knew what was inside the next room, on the other side of the hall. It did wonderful job of making the game feel very claustrophobic, and that was great to me. There was hardly anywhere when you became surrounded by the zombies, that you could go around them. Which you could do in many places in RE2. The first just made me feel locked up and claustrophobic, which is exactly what it was intended to do.

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]