Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

A secret experiment. A deadly virus. A fatal mistake.

Old Aug 14, 2008, 08:30 AM   #16
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001
Re: Resident Evil: Extinction

My point exactly. There's an invisible line no-one knows they went past until they're already coming out the other side of it.

So the game is set in Africa. Awesome, what do they expect? SS-like, blonde zombies? Maybe we should just make it a policy not to make games based in Africa instead. In fact, let's not make games in any place that isn't an alien world, Berlin and Omaha Beach in WWII, and New York. That should keep the crowds safe.

And where does it say, as Demos pointed out, that it's ok to shoot poor spanish peasants, but not poor african peasants? And why isn't "FarCry 2" getting the same attention? After all, it's also about a white guy shooting poor african soldiers.

Truth is, this is so out of hand as to be downright ridicullous. I guess it's not hard to realize why "Duke Nukem Forever" is taking so long to come out. Everytime they think they've got it done, they have to re-adjust it to whatever arbitrary PC nonsense is the fad in that particular month.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2008, 10:17 PM   #17
mack
misanthrope
1,988 flights since Dec 2002

Dont you think you are both overreacting a bit?

They could put the game out, but it might affect sales.

And another thing. Ever wonder why people enjoy playing those games where the Allies beat Nazi Germany? Ever wonder why there are no games (that I know of - so if you know of them please enlighten me), showing Nazi Germany slaughtering/testing on Jew after Jew? I have.

They could have made a game like that, and sold it. They have a right to. I can imagine it now. You can play as Hitler, or a general over a concentration camp, where an infestation has broken out due to the (illegal and inhumane) human test/trials that are being run. Suddenly, the captive Jews turn into ZOMBIES. Now you and the rest of the Luftwaffe (?) (SS? whatever?) have to fight your way slaughtering through hordes of Zombie Jews.......to save the world.

Legal to make? Yes. Insensitive? Yes. Palatable to a Global Audience and Saleable? Maybe Not So Much.

Business Sense. Its Necessary.

The world has a history of raping Africa for its resources (people as slaves, gold, oil, diamonds, etc.). The continent is unstable to this day over the things done and still being done to it. Probably not the focal point Capcom wanted to make on the global mind (Resident Evil 5: Africa - Raped Again!). Capcom doesnt care about whose fault Africa is, nor should they. WHY is not their problem (who even cares? this is business) - they just need to know WHAT they are going to do to combat the problem and WHERE to go from here.

You argue why do oranges exist. Capcom needs not to argue at all, but to focus on what to do with the existing oranges laying on the ground.

Kind of like the ill-conceived Chevy Nova in Mexico. "Nova" is "No Go" in Spanish (or so I'm told). NOT the focus image or thought Chevy wanted in the mind of Mexican consumers. So. Change the name of the car.

In this case. Change the place and some faces of the game. Because Capcom apparently cares about more opinions than just your very anticipated opinion.

Last edited by mack : Aug 16, 2008 at 10:23 PM.
mack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2008, 10:21 PM   #18
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Who's the "both" in that sentence?
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2008, 10:47 PM   #19
mack
misanthrope

the person above me, and the person above him

i read your opinion as antithetical to the 2 above me. am i right? and if I am right, do you really read my post as antithetical to yours? arent they more parallell than the other two, and if you see that they are, why didnt you read them that way?

let me know, because unless im blind, slow or just not up on my jill-speak, you are not a part of the "both."

EDIT: oh, I see how you could of thought that now. ok. I get it. no. not you.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 11:07 PM   #20
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Well okay then. Just clearing that up.

"Jill-speak"?
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 06:43 AM   #21
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack
And another thing. Ever wonder why people enjoy playing those games where the Allies beat Nazi Germany? Ever wonder why there are no games (that I know of - so if you know of them please enlighten me), showing Nazi Germany slaughtering/testing on Jew after Jew? I have.

Same reason you don't get games where you play a Russia soldier raping a german woman, an american soldier executing POW's, or an english soldier torturing a german paratrooper.

You do, however, get games where you an play as german soldiers, fighting against allied soldiers.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 04:57 PM   #22
mack
misanthrope

exactly. apparently we are agreed. celebration time.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 03:16 PM   #23
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

So break out the ridiculously overpriced but effective liquor! And cheers.

does this mean i win?
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]