Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]

This is the forum to get to know your fellow pilots and the ONLY place to talk about everything else not really relevant to sci-fi movies, including your personal loves and interests. A true pilot doesn't discuss these issues while on duty.

Old Aug 9, 2008, 07:43 PM   #31
floyd
Libertarian
1,141 flights since Feb 2002
Re: Booze.

BTW: That picture above is actually me. I didn't alter anything digitally.
floyd is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 12:17 AM   #32
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies
1,104 flights since Jun 2004

Jagierbombs or however its spelled. i generally mix them about 60 percent jagermiester and 40 percent redbull. Delicious people, if you like the taste of redbull. By far my favorite mixed drink besides the much cheaper screwdriver, which, by the way, i drank exclusively for around three years.
Demosthemighty is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 03:43 AM   #33
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

A screw driver is made with orange juice, not concentrate itself.

One of my favs to get my friends for their 21st birthday was the Prairie Fire - a dallop of tabasco in the bottom of a shot glass then carefully filled up with tequila. oh the burning....

Another fantastic halloween drink (becuase big kids need candy too you little ****ers) is the

Brain Hemorrhage
3/4 oz Peach Schnapps
1/2 oz Bailey's Irish Cream
2 drop(s) Grenadine

Fill a shot glass 3/4 full of peach schnapps, add one or two drops of grenadine, then slowly pour in the irish cream. The shot should look like a brain floating in formaldehyde with a drop of blood at the bottom. It should look pretty gross but the taste is awesome.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 08:14 AM   #34
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

my uncle drinks those things. I've wondered looking at them if that drink was just a total accident, or if it was all carefully thought out. Cause its just creepy looking. Sorta like a brain...in formaldehyde...with blood at the bottom. It couldn't have been planned.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 01:02 PM   #35
Tack
Spawn of Nurgle
1,492 flights since Dec 2001

You order one of those at a bar and people ask you 'what the hell is that'? when you walk by.
Tack is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2008, 07:40 PM   #36
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Last night I drank cheap, poisonous vodka from an empty Bavaria can. It was a low moment.

I also asked for a surprise shot and got Baileys floating on top of Mickey Finns. It was the worst thing I've drank in quite some time.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2008, 09:41 PM   #37
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer
2,877 flights since Nov 2001

Quote:
I also asked for a surprise shot and got Baileys floating on top of Mickey Finns.
So they slipped you a Mickey Finn with your Baileys, eh? That's a "surprise shot" alright!
SF_not_Sci-Fi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:43 AM   #38
jill_valentine
Us kids know.
1,805 flights since Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_not_Sci-Fi
So they slipped you a Mickey Finn with your Baileys, eh? That's a "surprise shot" alright!

Ya. The drink is named after the drug for it's supposedly similar effects.

False advertising, unless the drug can make you puke green too.
jill_valentine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:57 AM   #39
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

Over here it is only traditional to puke green on St. Patrick's Day.
I do my best to avoid carrots and sweet potatoes during and immediately before the holiday so that the color of my vomit does not offend.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:26 AM   #40
floyd
Libertarian

When I don't have cola in the fridge, I'll sometimes make what I call a "Jim Jones," or "The Jonestown Express."

Any guesses?

Kool-Aid with gin or vodka. Naturally.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:46 AM   #41
SF_not_Sci-Fi
Hellblazer

Are you implying that you would otherwise mix gin and vodka with cola? Ewwwww. Haven't you heard of... rum? Or whiskey?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:11 AM   #42
floyd
Libertarian

Not vodka, but I've been known to drink gin with cola. I should say though, I almost never drink vodka.

I like soda in my whiskey occasionally and my rum always.

Mixers aren't really something I usually incorporate into my daily drinking ritual. Whiskey with a little water and some ice is my thing.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:52 AM   #43
Demosthemighty
Father of Lies

You know you've developed a problem when you drink a liter of something everyday with no chaser....and you just keep doing it aaaaaaaallll day. A buddy of mine is going to be dead at 28 if he keeps it up.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 02:37 AM   #44
Camfan
Wing Commander
364 flights since Mar 2002

One of my favourite cocktails back in the days when I drank such things was a barrier reef
-shot of gin
-shot of cointreau
-shot of blue bols
It's always best looking in a martini glass so you get a nice thin wisp of blue through the rest of the clear drinks. If you mix it up though the whole thing just looks blue. However I found it was one of those fun cocktails wehreby you drink two of them, stay sober for half an hout and then all of a sudden you're wasted! It's great fun.

That and flaming sambuca, used to do those a lot, though everyone I know does them differently. The way we always did it was in a large glass, light the top, put your hand over it then push a straw between your thumb and hand to breathe in the pure alcohol gas that's just been burnt off the top then down the shot.

Oooh yeah, strawpeodes! They were fun when I was 15! Bottle of whatever, straw in the top, fold it over so all the the air goes out the straw, open your gullett and down the whole thing! God I was stupid.
Camfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 03:05 PM   #45
floyd
Libertarian

I've been off the beer for about a week now, trying to slim back down a little. It's worked, actually. My favorite khakis are a little looser. So I'm treating myself to an end-of-the-week treat; some Bud Heavy.

Enjoying this, my favorite beer, in the cool winter weather of southern Georgia I'm reminded that I can delight in the treats of the conservative populace in my region without sharing too deeply any of their generations held hocus pocus beliefs.

I'm on number 6 as I type this. Expect any posts post this post to be

a) rambling
b) of a poor grammatical style
c) possibly overly-aggressive
d) deleted tomorrow

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Nation > Pilot's Mess [chit-chat zone]