Go Back   Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

Welcome to the SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums.

You are currently viewing our community boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free and open-minded sci-fi community you will be able to start and reply to forum discussions, write movie reviews, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or with your account please contact support here.

Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]

A secret experiment. A deadly virus. A fatal mistake.

Old Jul 16, 2002, 11:18 AM   #1
Nexus
Psycho Teddy Sausage
3,648 flights since Dec 2001
Re: Fave bit?

So, whats your favourite bit in the movie? I loved the laser corridor thing.
But the ending was so creepy and couldnt stop thinking about it...I can't wait for the sequel!

Last edited by Nexus : Jul 19, 2002 at 01:19 AM.
Nexus is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2002, 04:27 PM   #2
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

That scene was awesome. I also liked the mantion scenes for some reasons I guess they were somewhat mysterious.

The dog scene was also exellent. One of the best in my opinion. Allthought there it could have shown more of the zombiedog slaying from other angles.

The ending scene was also one the best in my opinion.
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2002, 03:48 PM   #3
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

Well, aprat from the obvious "Trio"(Laser, ending, dogs), one of my favs is the Special Ops team's entrance. Powerfull scene, with great audio and visuals.
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 08:33 PM   #4
Unregistered
n/a flights since

Special Ops? I thought they were with S.T.A.R.S.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 05:56 PM   #5
the 2
Starfighter
74 flights since Nov 2001

no, no they were not.
the 2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2002, 02:40 PM   #6
kinetickyle
Starfighter
112 flights since Aug 2002

My favorite part was the low angle shot of the zombie dragging the axe and walking on a broken ankle...creeped the hell outta me.
kinetickyle is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2002, 07:58 PM   #7
Iwata
Autarch
2,558 flights since Aug 2001

As far as camera shots go, I'd choose the red Queen's monitor's viewpoint...
Iwata is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2002, 06:55 AM   #8
Oscar
Sector Marshall
756 flights since Feb 2002

Yea that was absolutely way cool. Those grids were nice which showed the movement thingie and diagnosited what weapons they had etc. But that lil holographic girl was awfully cliche but worked nicely.
Oscar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2002, 09:38 AM   #9
Larx
Apprentice
2 flights since Aug 2002

I like the scene where the zombie with that broken angle is walking and you hear that sound of the axe when he's dragging it... And when the guy says " I shot her 5 times, why is she still standing" and the other one, cant remember her name says "beetch aint standing now..."

The ending scene is also pretty good... And the music in that movie... is, just ... wonderful.
Larx is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2002, 04:25 PM   #10
NinjaMonkey
Wing Commander
233 flights since Aug 2002

The laser room scene was neat. My favorites were the flashbacks though
NinjaMonkey is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2002, 01:57 PM   #11
Vlaud_Tepes
Recruit Pilot
6 flights since Sep 2002

naturally like a mindless zombie so to speak the laser scene was interesting. but i think the characters died way too fast and a little old after the 3rd guy killed by lasers. i mean you go in and expect the team to get mauled by ombies while sitting on the edge of your seat ready to fall off!?!?!?!?im ok. it was overall ok
Vlaud_Tepes is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2002, 10:46 PM   #12
Haman Khan
Pilot
21 flights since Oct 2002
Fav scenes and stuff

I was truly surprised at this movie to be sure....

My favorite? Listening to this little girl (The Red Queen) was really chilling. Then again... I've always had this things with "kids" in scifi... I'm trying to remember an 80's movie where kids on a school bus passed through a toxic cloud and became these killing machines where when they touched you.. you burned. Anyone care to help? They all had black finger nails and the only way to stop them was to cut off their hands. The end shot of THAT movie was a mother (pregnant at the time of the incident) breast feeding a newborn who has these finger nails. ACK! I can't remember the name of the film!

The laser net was interesting.. especially when all the primaries got zorched... I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting a dive through the door to save the day.

As to the ending... VERY chilling to be sure. I love that stuff. Kinda like in 12 Monkey's when you realize that the future is doomed to repeat itself.

The film as a whole gets an 8 out of 10... and the music REALLY kicked I thought.

Haman Khan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 04:31 PM   #13
Vonstadt
Pilot
44 flights since Dec 2002

I agree with the Red Queen , that creeped me out as well, the cool impassionate child was beyond creepy.

The Tac-Team entrance was also well done.

But what Stood apart from me was the ending...I knew it was coming but it was still very cool.

It struck the same cord in me as When the Helicopter landed in FLA. in Day of the Dead.

Very cool....very chilling ...I kept imagining just how many Zombies she would have to walk and blast through since she in the center of the city.
Vonstadt is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2003, 07:57 PM   #14
Omega2064
Wing Commander
279 flights since Jun 2003

Lets see...

The Elevator sequence... Could see that one coming, but the manner was still creepy. Especially since all you get is the sound of her death as the scene cuts away...

The Dogs. Very well done sequence there. Could have been a little longer but was fine as is.

The Woman floating behind the glass... that eye open and motion scared the heck out of me even knowing it was coming...

The ending was indeed chilling, and the music buildng slowly. all combines with that slow pullback for a great shot...

Omega2064
Omega2064 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 02:59 PM   #15
King
Wing Commander
205 flights since Aug 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by Vonstadt
But what Stood apart from me was the ending...I knew it was coming but it was still very cool.

It struck the same cord in me as When the Helicopter landed in FLA. in Day of the Dead.

yeah, who here has seen the original zombie trilogy? (night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, day of the dead)

I like dawn of the dead best, i think RE kindof got the idea from that :P
King is offline Reply With Quote

← Previous Thread | Next Thread → Home > SciFlicks SQUAD! Forums > Sci-Fi Movies Galleria > Sci-Fi Movie Titles: [ M -- R ] > Resident Evil (2002, 2004) [movie series]